SO HAS ANYONE FIXED THEYRE PS3 ON THEYRE OWN? (vol blu-ray my ____dead)

if you have elaborate .... sony wants 150 just to look at it out of warranty
grin.gif
... but i looked on youtube and it looks fairly easy to do solo .. Feedback pls..

The Blu-Ray is the easiest thing to change on the PS3. You can do it yourself for sure. Just make sure you get one for the same model as yours

yea im looking and its like 90 for a new one or refurb so that beats having to switch out my system

i jailbroke mine and lost blu ray 
indifferent.gif

then i accidentally upgraded the firmware
indifferent.gif

now i have no jailbreak or blu ray
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

check craigslist.. there should be at least a couple ppl around your way who knows how to reflow PS3s for around $40-$60

Alot of console repairs can be done easily and for alot cheaper than they'll charge you. You said you already looked on youtube, I'd suggest googling your issue and there's bound to be a guide out there somewhere.

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

Alot of console repairs can be done easily and for alot cheaper than they'll charge you. You said you already looked on youtube, I'd suggest googling your issue and there's bound to be a guide out there somewhere.
Tks. just found 2 free ones
pimp.gif

I got the yellow light a few times but was able to keep powering on my ps3.  I thought it was finally dead, I gave it a final try and pressed the power button over 20x.  I updated the firmware and it's been working normal ever since.  So grateful since I don't have money to buy a new one.

Got yellow light of death about 2 months ago

Tried the reflow....took it all apart used the compound on the cpu and gpu

put all back together was a solid 2 hour process.....yellow light of death.....no video game console for the last 2 months.....

Spoiler [+]
just been playing games here and there on my ipad

My blu-ray drive went out about a year ago, and I bought a replacement on ebay for about $60 shipped.  It only took about 20 minutes to swap out and has been working ever since

if its the drive, you may have to replace it. Get it off ebay, not stores

go on yelp and look up PS3 repair. There's usually people on there who can do it for half the price Sony charges

Back
Top Bottom