So Has Rick Ross Officially Replaced Young Jeezy?

Yeah I prefer New Ross to New Jeezy but that Ice T reference was way off and made it sound like you don't know your history
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by debs 168

ross is a better lyricist than jeezy. he has a better flow. is able to cover more topics IMO. has better production as of late. has an ill crew that can hold their own. has a bigger buzz. etc.

he just flat out makes better music than jeezy right now.

from a non biased point of view, i don't see how ppl don't see this.

as for the whole spit on real !#%@ and not make believe...are any of you clipse fans? or fans of artists other than jeezy? the majority of rappers out there are fabricating their lives.

this ross vs jeezy thing feels like arguing with ppl who think wrestling is real. rap is entertainment. deal with it.

This.

put down the jeezy tapes and listen to a ross tape or two and find out.

seriously, its entertainment. it won't kill you to listen to dude's music. !!#*!! act like the tape deck will melt if they listen to ross. he's no different than any other rapper out there. styles didn't beat a %!*%@ over the head with a brick til it broke, malice isn't moving kilos, so on and so forth.
That.

I'm sorry...Jeezy might be more "real"...but since I've never even shot a gun at another human being or had the inclination to do so then all I can judge them is on THEIR MUSIC...

And Ross is giving me more quality music. The production. The lyrical complexity. The bravado. The showmanship. The charisma.

Jeezy has held his own on some tracks lately and definitely has classics of his own...and no one is taking that from him: Camaro, Sittin Low, etc. You can tell dudes like Scrilla and Gibbs have reinvigorated Mr. Jenkins...

But Ross is STILL winning musically IMO.

I really think its sad that dudes are out here defending dudes based on how "real" they are as if they would DARE touch that life. Its all entertainment. You all are no better than comic book fans 
roll.gif

After their manager got busted for coke in VA, I thought "hmmmm maybe the Clipse are about 'that life'.."

I wouldnt doubt it, but then again I dont personally know them n_'s

90% of rappers are CB4 anyway. Ross just got called out on it. As for as music Ross been puttin out better material than Jeezy since Deeper Than Rap.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

90% of rappers are CB4 anyway. Ross just got called out on it. As for as music Ross been puttin out better material than Jeezy since Deeper Than Rap.

Men lie, Women lie, Ross lies, Numbers don't.
233k >>>

Snow!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

233k >>>

Snow!
pimp.gif

/thread

where is the better quality music Ross puts out or has put out tho?!?!

please show me.

i dig Ross and cant even front like he doesn't make dope music...but i would be lying if I say i enjoy his trunk bangers(which seems to have provided the basis of his new fandom) over his smooth, laid back music(the Mafia Music 2's, Magnificent's, Super High's etc)

I fuggs wit that Ross but the one that trys to hop in Jeezy lane(Which has alot to do with the authenticity of what they are saying)...i dont really see him outshining snowman in that aspect...which is why im ok with them coexisting but overall it shouldnt even be a debate over who is in the lead.

Its clearly Snow...its been like that and seems like its gonna remain that way despite Ross attaching his name to YMCMB, OVOXO, Bad Boy or whoever else to remain "hot"

Off topic but what do these "Real Life Hip Hop" fans think about 2 Chainz rapping about selling drugs/guns & killing when he had a basketball scholarship at college?

What Rick Ross are y'all listening too?
Their's no "lyrical complexity", Ross has better beat selection than Jeezy and that's it.

Overall album quality: Jeezy > Ross

Overall Mixtape quality: Jeezy >>>>>>>>> Ross

Sales: Jeezy >>>>> Ross

You can take away the whole C.O. b.s. away from Ross and lets say he was "real" he still isn't the better artist.  He DID make better moves in terms of creating MMG and whatnot, but at the end of the day he's not better than Jeezy when it comes down to the music.

And seriously what in the HELL makes y'all think Ross' mixtape or album is gonna @+*+ on Jeezy's buzz?  Ross has never sold 233k in a week, even at the top of his hype, people are not checking for him like they were TM: 103 2 weeks ago.  Get off the internet and go into the real world..please.

233k >>>

Snow!
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Thats funny but it ain't got nothin to do with the material. Jezzy got a better fan base no doubt but to me Ross has been better than this dude.

Afaik Ross didn't lie about his criminal past. He lied about being a CO at some point in his life. IMHO because he wanted to protect his image. The same way some of these artists don't mention their catholic school, ballerina, private school, college, middle class pasts.

A lot of you act as if corrupt officials, police or not don't exist. Not that I care but obviously a lot of NTers do.

As far as ice t goes, I didn't brig the comparison up. It's stupid to me. So Ross isn't authentic to you unlike the great ice t. And? To me I see it the same way. Two *#$+$% doing what they feel they should do to make money. Who am I to judge? I never sold weight. I never moved anything for anybody, never killed anybody, I don't bust my gun just because, don't have a connect, not a kingpin, etc.

The only one that's a clown is the %!@%+ that will believe what these rappers tell you and take it as gospel. The only clown is a %!@%+ that will alter a guy's name because they don't like him. A guy hey never met in their lives.

Ppl need to let this jeezy vs Ross stuff go. It's ok to listen to both and just because a %!@%+ doesn't agree with you doesn't make him a Ross Stan or whatever the %#@$ half of you say to make yourselves feel better.

The only one that's a clown is the %!@%+ that will believe what these rappers tell you and take it as gospel. The only clown is a %!@%+ that will alter a guy's name because they don't like him. A guy hey never met in their lives.

Ppl need to let this jeezy vs Ross stuff go. It's ok to listen to both and just because a %!@%+ doesn't agree with you doesn't make him a Ross Stan or whatever the %#@$ half of you say to make yourselves feel better.

I agree with this.

233k >>>

Snow!
pimp.gif

he sold more than rozay so he's definately the better artist
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

233k >>>

Snow!
pimp.gif

grin.gif

No, he just dropped 101 and rozay hasn't dropped anything better so he's the better artist.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

233k >>>

Snow!
pimp.gif

grin.gif

No, he just dropped 101 and rozay hasn't dropped anything better so he's the better artist.

O', 101 came back out as a special edition? Might have to re-cop..

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

grin.gif

O', 101 came back out as a special edition? Might have to re-cop..

Saw what you tried to do there. Better? Cool? Alright.

233k >>>

Snow!
pimp.gif

grin.gif
Miss me with that condescending sarcasm BS and provide facts, otherwise... shut it.
pimp.gif

I find it funny you can go to a movie and watch the most craziest movie without complaints of what's real and what's not and be entertained

But ...

When it comes to music , *#*+#+ gotta be have the most armor proof credentials to be entertained

Well listen , %*%+ been said sooooo many times ..

All these *#*+#+ lie , Jeezy , Ross, JayZ .. you know damn well Nas wasnt selling bricks when he was esco

At the end of the day , I'm entertained by Ross music ..Jeezy music has entertained me ..

But imo Jeezy dropped a dud ..

I was not entertained , cuz it musically sounded like %*%+ ..

Ya'll fools need to let go of all this who's better than , who's realer %*%+ ..

It's old and %!!#@@* tiresome man

*#*+#+ dedicating entire thesis on how much they hates one rapper

Let that %*%+ die man .. get over it

Forgive me for this thesis as well , but I been smoking that big loud
pimp.gif

^ that's cool, it's all entertainment. But they make similar music and if I'm listening to that type of music, I'd rather hear it from a player and not a fan in the crowd.

Well music is entertainment at the end of the day.   But Jeezy and Ross are different, They make that trap music, that hustling music so when wayne, drake, kanye fabricate what they say in their rhymes, it is understandable and acceptable because that's not really their lane and tha'ts not what their trying to be perceived as.  

Ross and Jeezy are making music for the streets, so there for credibility does come into factor.  When the music is comming from Jeezy there's an Authenticity to it that just makes the track that much more great and Epic, with Ross the music is great as well but its just entertaining at the end of the day.  Jeezy's Authenticity makes his music that much better. Ross is like a joke but in a cool way, he makes it look cool if that makes any sense.

It's all entertainment, but that authenticity just gives them that leverage.
When u hear a rapper say something he really did or has been tru, it makes
The line that much better.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

^ that's cool, it's all entertainment. But they make similar music and if I'm listening to that type of music, I'd rather hear it from a player and not a fan in the crowd.

this

Every rapper has lied on a track. Hell, J. Cole used to spit about "grabbin' Ak's" on his first mixtape and we ALL know that ain't true
laugh.gif
I think the issue people have with Ross is the fact he doesn't know when the lying needs to stop and differentiate "Rick Ross" from William Roberts.

I respect Plies more than Ross as a artist (not saying he's better, because his rapping is 
sick.gif
). But he understands that Plies is just a persona, not who he is ALL the time.  He doesn't go into interviews talking the same foolishness he does when he raps.  Dude even said in a interview that he graduated from college when he got called out for being fake.

Ross on the other hand really tries to be his persona 100% of the time.  Which is why he lied about being a C.O. If dude wasn't so caught up in his image nobody would've cared what he did before rapping.

Back
Top Bottom