So I deleted my Facebook today

Never had one. Every time I say I'm getting one to keep up with old friends and distant FAM I always get told don't, that's not how it goes down.

Go to their profile, click on "✓ Friends" and then deselect "Show in news feed"
nthat.gif

You can remove people from showing up in your newsfeed but still have them added as "friends". Makes FB A LOT better imo.

Didn't know this, just deleted quite a few people the other day when I logged on since I was tired of having their constant status updates there when I log on.
There was as similar feature previously. You can block a person's updates. I just re-activated my fb 2 days ago, primarily to be up to date on my friends' events / parties.

Like any other social media site it's what you make of it.

Maybe because I'm older (28) and most of my FB friends are well educated but I rarely see the nonsense some posters complain about

People post about sports, news, partying, traveling, and funny or interesting links and videos.

Easy way to keep in touch with family and friends all over.

Not trying to convince anyone facebook is great or anything but I think the issue is with your friends list vs something innately wrong with the site

This is exactly how I feel and i'm the same age also.

Never had one. Every time I say I'm getting one to keep up with old friends and distant FAM I always get told don't, that's not how it goes down.

I dont think thats true...
I went to hs in ga... up and moved back to md 1 day
I finally made one last May and got in touch with some fam and friends from hs.

We met up and kicked it over the holidays.

Its all about what you use it for, I dont get into all the ratchetness... Only got like 500 friends and dont talk to many of em.

Facebook is so 2006. Seriously, between:

-The countless useless updates for the most irrelevant, frivolous things
-Dudes thirsting over pretentious, prude, or attention seeking females
-People with 8000 friends, of which they know 4
-People humble bragging about things no one wants or likes
-Dudes (my friends included) friending a bunch of girls they don't even know in a pathetic attempt to get buns/stare at pics/fap/stalk
-Useless, STUPID games I am invited to
-Useless, STUPID apps I am invited to
-Useless, STUPID events I am invited to
-Privacy issues
-Awful interface

That should cover it. Facebook is the modern myspace, a gimmick that ran its course. Twitter has sustainability, facebook doesn't.

I really didn't get too much love on FB for the most part either...but fast forward 2 years to IG, my notifications be on point 
pimp.gif

I deleted mine on a whim last year. It was hard the first couple of weeks. I like instagram. I love looking at pictures. But, I have been deleting people that write some thought down in the notes of their phone and post a screen shot of it.

I guess I kind of just got bored of it. I'm pretty connected with the people I want to be surrounded by already.

rarely use FB now. mostly use it the messenger.

but i agree, the humble braggingtons are :x i always feel that they are some low self esteem individuals who SEEK validation from "likes". kind of sad, actually.

Permanently deleted mine a year or two ago. Ain't eem looked back. Feels good man.

I love how people secretly want props for deleting their social networking profiles. I love the, "I got better things to do" attitude when it comes to doing that.

Word. You know what's really impressive? Delete your debt, then make a thread about that.

"I paid off all my bills Vol 1- Ain't nobody got time fo dat"

Now that is impressive

It's weird, I have a friend that just told me he deleted Facebook for the same reasons. He's an artist and it hurt him when he would upload a piece of work he put hours of work into for it to only get a couple likes, then see hot girls posting duck face pictures with 40+ likes. I can understand the reasoning, although I personally don't get affected by it too much. It's just the way it is imo. Facebook isn't the place to get recognized for your hard work; it's basically a giant popularity contest. Not going to bash you for doing it though. I don't see it as asking for applause for quitting, just doing what you gotta do. I'm too much of a social media ***** though...

Back
Top Bottom