So I got court this tuesday....

So yeah I have a court case where they're deciding on whether I can keep my license or if they're suspending it for a month.
Only reason im going through this is becuase I got two BS tickets & I still have my provisionals. (even though i've been pulled over 7+ times)
I need my license because I drive to class then work everyday. I CANT have them suspend my license.

Advice please.
frown.gif

im pretty sure they allow u to use some kind of "license" for school and work only, possibly grocery shopping - but #*% do i know, ive never beenpulled over

you shouldnt be driving
gettin pulled over 7+ times
that @@$# is ridiculous.
jus cop yaself a bus pass

^ Most of the time its because im at the wrong place at the wrong time.
$100 ticket for 49 on a 40? fk is that?!?

But ill admit that 1 time i got stopped for 80 on 55 on the highway coming back from NY.

Im 18 btw.

EDIT*
Out of all the times i've been pulled over, I've only gotten 2 tickets and 3 points. It aint as bad as it sounds.

Originally Posted by termanology27

So yeah I have a court case where they're deciding on whether I can keep my license or if they're suspending it for a month.
Only reason im going through this is becuase I got two BS tickets & I still have my provisionals. (even though i've been pulled over 7+ times)
I need my license because I drive to class then work everyday. I CANT have them suspend my license.

Advice please.
frown.gif

indifferent.gif

you deserve to have your license taken away to teach you a good lesson

getting pulled over 7+ times and you only have your provisionals?
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

hope you like ridin metro...

a REAL good lawyer prob couldnt save your license

you must really hate the law huh?

7 times? you dont really get pulled over for small things so you must not be a good driver.

away with his license!

Judging from your avy and the fact you've been pulled over 7 times; getting your license suspended might not be the worst idea

laugh.gif
The only time i've been pulled over for really speeding, I didn't even get a ticket.
I have been pulled over for some BS reasons. Yeah its sounds bad that I said 7+ times, but it aint even like that.
I've been pulled twice for doing 10 over the limit, once because my temp tags were going to expire, once because my tail light wasnt working, and 1 moretime.

I don't believe im a bad driver. Yeah I speed at times, but who doesn't?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by termanology27

laugh.gif
The only time i've been pulled over for really speeding, I didn't even get a ticket.
I have been pulled over for some BS reasons. Yeah its sounds bad that I said 7+ times, but it aint even like that.
I've been pulled twice for doing 10 over the limit, once because my temp tags were going to expire, once because my tail light wasnt working, and 1 more time.

I don't believe im a bad driver. Yeah I speed at times, but who doesn't?
eyes.gif

Doing 10 over the speed limit is not a BS reason fro you to be pulled over. You're still speeding and breaking the law. Same goes for your tags andtail lights. So the cops had all the right judgement when they pulled you over. Its not like they were out there doing it just to get you

i got a ticket when a lady hit ME and it said i was going 5 mph only in a 40 and i got a ticket for going 5 -_- hhahaha and i got a letter that said my licensewas suspended and i just threw it away and kept driving....who cares they take your license but not your car.

termanology27 wrote:

Advice please.
frown.gif

Was in the same exact position as you a couple months back.

Its not really the type of court you are thinkin of. Its just going to be you and a representative of the state in a room. EVERYTHING is being audio recordedso keep that in mind. You will state your name, he'll ask a couple questions asking you to verify via yes or no. He'll ask about your tickets and ifyou tried to contest them, if you have any pending tickets, if you've been to driver improvement, if you are in school and if you have a job. You'llbe given a chance to explain why your license shouldnt be suspended and after that he'll give you his verdict.

I went in with tickets for Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road (long story...) and Speeding ("39" in a 30). I explained to him the nature of bothtickets and I also pointed out the dates on each ticket. They were over a year apart so I obey the laws for the most part. I explained I didnt contest thembecause I was a fairly new driver and I didnt know how that system worked. I went to driver improvement after the first ticket. The speeding ticket was whenI was in my Dad's car ('03 745i). I explained to him going from a 93 Civic (RIP) where I had to floor it to accelerate to a car that went from 0-60with a toe tap was a big transition. There was no accident. It wasnt in a residential area. When I passed the officer, I had to come to a 3-way stop so itwasnt like I was driving crazy. But after explaining both tickets he said during his verdict that "...I see no reason to throw out either ticket...blahblah... but the defendent is employed, is enrolled in school, seems to be very responsible..." and I wasnt given the suspension. BUT if I got anotherticket (which I did
smh.gif
) my license could be suspended up to 6 months.

So now, Im going to court to contest the new ticket (failure to stop at a stop sign) in hopes the officer doesnt show. If he does, I'm throwin myself onthe mercy of the court and hope all goes well...

Back
Top Bottom