SO.....I have knee surgery this afternoon

I have knee surgery this afternoon.  I tore my ACL playing basketball a little over a month ago.  This is my first real surgery and I am a bit nervous. I feel it is normal but I think the "being knocked" out for the surgery is more strange to me than the actual surgery.  
Have any of you had ACL surgery to share experiences?

I am just sitting here in bed and can't eat or drink and watching this clock tick like a condemned man. 
laugh.gif

i tore my acl,mcl and patella tendon. you'll be alright. when i woke up from the sleep, i was dizzy as hell and i felt like throwing up. couldn't even move my head even a bit. they'll make you drink a lot of water and teas so you can pee. as soon as you pee, you can get the #*%* outta there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

i tore my acl,mcl and patella tendon. you'll be alright. when i woke up from the sleep, i was dizzy as hell and i felt like throwing up. couldn't even move my head even a bit. they'll make you drink a lot of water and teas so you can pee. as soon as you pee, you can get the #*%* outta there
laugh.gif
appreciate it.  They are fixing my ACL and Meniscus.  

when i had surgery a few years back i threw up during the ride home...must be an after effect of the anesthesia.

Surgery isn't too bad. I've torn both ACL's, one twice. All three surgeries went fine.ike said above they will give you a ton of water/clear pop to make sure you don't get sick. After that it's just a lot of Laying in bed and rehab. One thing I will warn is that after surgery you have to keep your leg elevated. The pain from the blood rush when u pi ur leg down is one of the worst feelings I've ever had.

Originally Posted by rpjgator

I have knee surgery this afternoon.  I tore my ACL playing basketball a little over a month ago.  This is my first real surgery and I am a bit nervous. I feel it is normal but I think the "being knocked" out for the surgery is more strange to me than the actual surgery.  
Have any of you had ACL surgery to share experiences?

I am just sitting here in bed and can't eat or drink and watching this clock tick like a condemned man. 
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I tore my ACL, MCL, and Medial Meniscus...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The surgery is no big deal... the aftermath is. Make sure you have something to piss in on the side of your bed or wherever you are laid up. While your leg is numb it's tough to be on crutches and get around. The worst pain i've ever felt was when my leg woke up from that numbing shot. Might not be the same for everyone but it hurt a lot. A lot of Ice, on and off all day. Also As soon as you can, move it back and forth (knee to chest, straighten leg, repeat.) and straight leg raises. Get that in Asap. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]good luck man.[/color]

You wont be able to move your leg off of the stabilizer for like a day.. #%%+ will hurt so bad youll think they didnt fix anything. Surgery is cake, youll wakeup flushed and confused, but pain free.. till you get home and on crutches. ugh.. aftermath was is painful.

And best wishes sir.  youll be hooping again, with a lil less quickness and bounce, in no time

As soon as I woke up from the anesthesia I threw up and they said I was free to go. ACL isn't too bad you should be fine, hope you get back on that basketball court soon. 

I had Achilles surgery a couple months back...
Just have ur mind focused on something good WAY prior to goin under... Because they put u to sleep quick almost without warning.

Feels like... Lil Wayne- I feel like dying

I am back home and recovering. I was very nervous because the docto was late. It was all easier than i thought but at the time never had this before. Thank you all very much for the best wishes. I posted pics on twitter if you all want to check out. I am all drugged up now but thank you all!

I had surgery on my patella tendon like 2 months ago and the days after are def the worst part. Hope you recover fast.

Good luck and hope you have a quick recovery op. I have full ACL reconstruction and meniscus surgery coming up in September. Right now I have over 16mm of free motion in my knee
sick.gif
Can't wait to get my surgery done so I can get to my rehab and back to sports asap.

Back
Top Bottom