So, I just bought a MacBook Pro. Should I return it?

I bought the $1499 MacBook Pro and thinking about returning it. I'm hearing rumors that there will be a new MacBook Pro coming in February with the newIntel Processors. Is this true???

Should I return it and wait? Or just keep it

I have an old Toshiba laptop that i'm using right now from 2005 and the screen cracked on me, so now I have it hooked up to a monitor and am using it thatway.

[pc user] Buy a windows machine that cost $1000 less and has 2x the processor and ram[/pc user]

The story is that the chips that Intel wanted to put into the new Macbooks aren't like by Apple. So they will probably custom design them chips like theydid for the Air. That's the rumor that spread on Macrumors which is fairly credible. But take it for what it's worth.

New @@!+ will ALWAYS be coming out.

If you don't think you'll enjoy it or feel "jipped" because a new one drops next year, then wait.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

see every ipod I've ever bought...

See the ps3 dropping like 200$ after I got it..

Technology is a big practical joke on my wallet

i was just looking at a new macbook pro 2day but if there is a new one coming in feb ill just wait

i'd wait for the intel arrandale which comes out next month....dont know if apple's going to implement it though.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I bought the $1499 MacBook Pro and thinking about returning it. I'm hearing rumors that there will be a new MacBook Pro coming in Febuary with the new Intel Processors. Is this true??? Should I return it and wait? Or just keep it.
I would return it. The Macbooks launching early 2010 will have Core i5 / i7 processors which are way faster than the current Core2Duo chips.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

see every ipod I've ever bought...

See the ps3 dropping like 200$ after I got it..

Technology is a big practical joke on my wallet
This.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by derventa

[pc user] Buy a windows machine that cost $1000 less and has 2x the processor and ram[/pc user]
^^its still true though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

I bought the $1499 MacBook Pro and thinking about returning it. I'm hearing rumors that there will be a new MacBook Pro coming in Febuary with the new Intel Processors. Is this true??? Should I return it and wait? Or just keep it.
I would return it. The Macbooks launching early 2010 will have Core i5 / i7 processors which are way faster than the current Core2Duo chips.
That's what I'm hearing as well. Would the prices still be the same though?? Do you know in what month they will release?? For the past 2years...there has been an updated MacBook Pro every February, June and October. I'm only assuming that Apple will follow this trend and release the newcomputer in March.

That's what I'm hearing as well. Would the prices still be the same though??
Doubt it. This about sums up the performance though.
[h1]"Hands-on with Intel's Blazing Core i7: It'll Rip Your Eyelids Off"
http://blog.laptopmag.com...tll-rip-your-eyelids-off
http://www.gizmodo.com.au...t-laptop-processor-ever/
[/h1]
I'm guessing only the 15' and 17' models will have the i7 processors in them. The 13' will have the i5. I cant see the 13'with an i7.

For all the people telling me to get a Windows PC...I'm going to use Logic Pro for this computer. There is no way I can run Logic Pro on a PC. I alsodon't want to learn Reason either.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2009/09/i...nchmarks-prove-fastest-laptop-processor-ever/
[/h1]

[/h1]
I'm guessing only the 15' and 17' models will have the i7 processors in them. The 13' will have the i5. I cant see the 13' with an i7.

For all the people telling me to get a Windows PC...I'm going to use Logic Pro for this computer. There is no way I can run Logic Pro on a PC. I also don't want to learn Reason either.
I'd return it, I heard from credible sources that a new line w/updated processors is dropping SOON.
& im in the same boat, I HAVE TO use final cut pro, gotta go with Macs..
grin.gif

Originally Posted by sunny559

[/h1]
I'm guessing only the 15' and 17' models will have the i7 processors in them. The 13' will have the i5. I cant see the 13' with an i7.

For all the people telling me to get a Windows PC...I'm going to use Logic Pro for this computer. There is no way I can run Logic Pro on a PC. I also don't want to learn Reason either.
I'd return it, I heard from credible sources that a new line w/updated processors is dropping SOON.
& im in the same boat, I HAVE TO use final cut pro, gotta go with Macs..
grin.gif
Do you know how soon?

i doubt you will see i7 on an of the macbooks...they run extremely hot and are a huge drain on the battery. the new i3 is a better bet, but there is noinformation saying its coming to the macbook line.

if your credible source works at apple then throw anything he said out of the window.

you are getting a good machine, but if you can return it no problems..macworld 2010 is on FEBRUARY 9th and thats when we will hear whats coming down the linefor apple.

So, after doing a lot of research. All sign point to the fact there will be a new MacBook Pro refresh after January 3rd, 2010. Looks like I'm going toreturn the one i bought today.

Back
Top Bottom