So i start AA again for 2 months again

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

think is ya'll tell me to find another hobby, but most of my drinking starts after i come from the  gym after playing basketball, after 6pm, i start drinking and don't stop til 3 or 4 in the morning. its harder than u think. my addiction is pretty bad, spending $150 a week on alcohol alone,  i think the worst i spent  was $325 for 2 weeks straight just because it  was the holidays and was off the next weekend. honestly i just don't want to be reported again, cause if so..... they gonna kick me out the Air-Force, i'm already getting divorced and losing my son and stationed at a crappy base, can't go through any more stress. seems like drinking is my only outlet right now to take away my pain.
Geez man. I really hope you get better. I dont even know what to say

start watching rescue me on netflix. i really mean it, i think youll be able to relate to the main character a lot.

Originally Posted by MECKS

start watching rescue me on netflix. i really mean it, i think youll be able to relate to the main character a lot.
i started watching it at first seemed like a really good show,  does he go through the same problems i go through

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Call of Duty or Battlefield.
pimp.gif

think is ya'll tell me to find another hobby, but most of my drinking starts after i come from the  gym after playing basketball, after 6pm, i start drinking and don't stop til 3 or 4 in the morning. its harder than u think. my addiction is pretty bad, spending $150 a week on alcohol alone,  i think the worst i spent  was $325 for 2 weeks straight just because it  was the holidays and was off the next weekend. honestly i just don't want to be reported again, cause if so..... they gonna kick me out the Air-Force, i'm already getting divorced and losing my son and stationed at a crappy base, can't go through any more stress. seems like drinking is my only outlet right now to take away my pain.
Bruh, you need to realize you aren't drinking away your pain. Your drinking is the root cause of your pain. I know its easier said than done but you won't get better until you realize, deep down in your heart of hearts, that alcohol is going to ruin your life man. Those couple hours of inebriation are slowly causing your life to crumble. Theres alot to be said about a man who takes his problems at face value and deals with them as they come. No hobby or activity is going to do a damn thing for you until you realize drinking IS NOT taking away your pain, not even for a second. Its that false belief that fuels alcoholics to keep drinking even though they know its only making it worse. I'm sorry man but once you said you have a son, all that "find a hobby" stuff went out the window. You know what kinda problems you're gonna cause little man as he grows up knowing his pops is an alchy? We've all heard stories and they all suck. Do it for him, thats all the motivation you should ever need. If I had son, I'd stop blood from pumping in my veins if I knew it meant he wouldn't grow up with issues.

Originally Posted by MECKS

i started watching it at first seemed like a really good show,  does he go through the same problems i go through

yes. reading your little paragraph there. its crazy the similarites. he has a drinking problem because of the death of his close cousin in 9/11 (im about to spoil it for you, but its in good intention) he then loses his marriage, and starts losing his kids, and its all about how he deals with all these problems in his life the wrong way. they threaten to kick him out of the fire house if hes caught drinking and working again. and basicly how is life revolves around whisky.

but really bro, you have to attack the underlying problems of your alcoholism. its not just "oh let me stop drinking" you need to find a new way to deal with your issues, something constructive rather than destructive. you need to remember that it hurts your kids as much as it hurts you. i lost a grandfather (aged 55) to complications from liver transplant (he was an alocohlic). basicly , what im saying is, find the underlying problem, and attack that, stay motivated. take it one day at a time. dont see it as "OMG i have to be sober the rest of my life" its "today i WILL stay sober" and wake up and set a goal for yourself. and work towards that. its the only way to do it until you tell your mind AND BODY YOU NO longer need that substance in your system.

frown.gif
 cj i hope you feel better, dear. You know we're here for you! <3333

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

frown.gif
 cj i hope you feel better, dear. You know we're here for you! <3333

beatriz <3

Suffering from the same addictions myself, I advise you to hit up at least 2 meetings a day and develop a network of friends who all know what you're going through and who will be supportive in your time of need. Does the air force have any resources that you could perhaps check out that can help you with your addiction?

Stay strong, my man... you're not alone. 

smile.gif

Try not to drink one night..then the next day you can say "If I did it last night why cant I do it again?"

That kind of stuff always works for me

Be strong!! Good luck

i heard prople who are addicted to alcohol start hallucinating when trying to quit. think about it get trippy, sounds like fun.

I'm not empathetic because he made his choice; more than once. How you in the Air Force but don't have the discipline to quit drinking. I have an addictive personality myself but waking up blank and vomiting the rest of the day is enough to make the light go off in my head that I do not want to continue "drinking".

It is what is. You need medical help...not NT.

Originally Posted by ezcheese

i heard prople who are addicted to alcohol start hallucinating when trying to quit. think about it get trippy, sounds like fun.
this
Nothing better than a trippin balls 
pimp.gif

win win

Telling the OP to work out is terrible advice.

A good workout is going to have him craving a few beers. They go hand in hand.

Man, I know it's tough, I have a sister in rehab right now, and I know I drink too much myself. Just have to focus on pleasurable activies other than drinking.

We all want to be happy, we just have to find that outlet. I hope you can find it, outside of controlled substances.

since sept ive consistently spent $2000 minimum a weekend on alcohol/drugs/cover/tables/other nonsense
but i can control myself and thats from clubs etc....$150 at the liquor store on cheap stuff is a ton of alcohol. do something else man i dunno. i feel gross if i drink too much for too long.

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Proud of you bro, cheers.
indifferent.gif

You have obviously never been friends with, known,  or worked with anyone who has alcoholism.

Pretty lame response towards a fellow member of the board who is struggling with something that has the potential to completely ruin his life and potentially kill him.

Great work showing empathy
Damn, the internet really is serious business
eek.gif
, chill out
grin.gif

On the real though, GL OP.

Fix your life. Most people drink to cope with some aspect of their life that sucks. Same goes for people who stay smoking all day. Figure out your internal and external issues, and then drinking can turn back into a social thing. Don't replace one vice with another. Solve the problem.

Best of luck!

OP, i work at a drug and alcohol rehab. have you ever tried in-patient rehab? worked through the steps? got a reliable sponsor?

Ive seen the best and the worst of this disease man. Hope it all works out for you

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

since sept ive consistently spent $2000 minimum a weekend on alcohol/drugs/cover/tables/other nonsense
but i can control myself and thats from clubs etc....$150 at the liquor store on cheap stuff is a ton of alcohol. do something else man i dunno. i feel gross if i drink too much for too long.

That's disgusting.2000 min a weekend on that... I could never do it, especially on someone else's dime. Wow.

I feel you bro....Ive been trying to stop drinking myself. But it's difficult when most of your friends drink and they all hang out. Sometimes it's all about making sacrifices for yourself. If you know you have a problem, then stop. Drinking wont make it better obviously. AA is great its helps you out as a person, sets goals for you own life. Feel bless that atleast you have money to spend, go out and do the things you need to do. Your pain will pass bro, it always does. Don't keep chasing the wrong things, you wont have time to let the right things catch up to you. You don't want be a 50 year old man and be like "okay today I'm going to change and stop drinking". DO it now while your young. You got your whole life ahead of you bro. Don't let life bring you down. Me personally bro, I lost my Job. Got 2 DUI's, license suspended.... still is. Got in several fights while drinking. Fought my own cousin and beat the crap outta him, which i had no idea of I also destroyed his car in the process. Made my whole family turn against me and tell me I'm a drunk, I'm in  3,000 dollar debt right now. Lost possession of my car. ALL because of drinking. Now I tell myself was it worth it? NO. There comes a point in your life where you tell yourself I gotta change, I just have to. For the sake of my own self. You got any question's dont hesitate to PM me. Stay up bro. ONE

Good luck OP

The sheer thought of dropping 150 on alcohol scares me. That's over 7k a year.

Hope you can make it out. A trick is to run a lot of miles so that you can replace the endorphin high with the alchohol high. Who knows tho.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

That's disgusting.2000 min a weekend on that... I could never do it, especially on someone else's dime. Wow.
lol i know a saudi kid who spends 10k+/night fri and sat and doesnt even drink. its all relative. im not hurting anyone.

Damn, i'd tell you to smoke weed instead but you say youre apart of the air force..

Just get yo priorities straight and youll be fine

Originally Posted by Boi

Damn, i'd tell you to smoke weed instead but you say youre apart of the air force..

Just get yo priorities straight and youll be fine

this.

also maybe work your way down by drinking wine, beer or w/e and then stopping altogether.

Back
Top Bottom