So I won a Macbook Air 11inch....Need advice APPLE heads pls chime in!

NT,

I just won one of the biggest prizes of my life; an 11inch macbook air from A&F...  It was a drawing that they had a couple of months ago and I was surprised that they emailed me this late; but oh well its nice and free.  However, I knew that an 11inch would be too small so i went to the store and asked about a 13inch air.  However, the lure of the dvd drive actually forced me to pick the pro over the air (and pocketed the 100$ price difference).  Will I regret this decision?  I don't need a laptop right now, and I think I would be better off waiting for a 2012 version with the new quad core ivy bridge processors. 

Anyone have an idea when the new macbooks are coming out?  March?

did they give you a gift card to apple or something? i don't understand how you won a macbook air and got a pro instead and was able to pocket the difference.

the latest macbook air's came out this past summer and the new macbook pro's just dropped.. but that was ahead of their usual annual refresh.

I went there and had them check my macbook air and told me they can take it in for an exchange. the air was worth $1200 the pro 1100 so i got a $100 gift card...

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

the latest macbook air's came out this past summer and the new macbook pro's just dropped.. but that was ahead of their usual annual refresh.

Yup they did a very minor refresh but the rumors point to a complete overhaul next year, and probably the demise of the pro (doubt it though) in favor of more Air like macbooks.  Would definately appreciate the ivybridge I7 on the next macbook Airs but I want to know how long the wait is going to be
happy.gif

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

did they give you a gift card to apple or something? i don't understand how you won a macbook air and got a pro instead and was able to pocket the difference.

He probably just exchanged it, not that hard

I'd probably go with the Air, since you wanna wait till next year to pick up a MBP.  You could always use the MBP then just sell it when the new ones come out...

In my opinion, I'd get the Pro only if I needed a screen larger than 13". The Air line has great specs for how tiny it is. I haven't used the DVD-drive for like 3 years, and they're eventually going to get pulled off of all MacBooks

I'm not understanding what you're actually regretting? Trading your Air for a Pro or keeping the laptop at all? Would you have sold it otherwise?

Oh, and congrats
pimp.gif

No regrets, but I do like the macbook air a lot more than the pro; its just that the pro is more practical and is $100 cheaper. I just like how light and portable the mac air is; and eventually, all macbooks will get thinner next year. I think I will return my macbook pro and wait for next year..not really needing a new laptop right now my HP is still going strong anyway.

Back
Top Bottom