So if Lebron wins tonight, what person in all of sports will be under the most pressure to win now?

Originally Posted by ps2child

It will still be bron imo. Now they know OKC is problems, D.Rose coming back from injury. This winning championships aint finna get easier but harder for them.
Is it finna b harder for DRose since he tore his ACL? Or finna just be harder for Bron?

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Hilarious people are saying Melo.. he has no pressure.. everyone knows he's overrated and lazy.
QFT. Nobody outside of NYK gives a **** about Melo. Dude will always be a great scorer and nothing more.  He lacks leadership, consistent defense and playmaking abilities. He ruins offensive tempo, demands isolations and shoots ill-advised shots. 
Besides LBJ repeating, KD has to be up there as one of the most scrutinized athletes. As the new ESPN/NBA poster child, he's got tremendous pressure to lead the Thunder back to the Finals. Also, doesnt dude have a movie coming out?? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

ALSO JOINING 2 OTHER ALL STARS IN THEIR PRIME FOR A SHORT CUT TO GET THE CHAMPIONSHIP

While being hands down the MVP of the team during the regular season, during the first round, during the second round, during the conference finals and now during the finals. And he didn't even have one of those stars for a solid chunk of the playoffs.

LOL at the revisionist history. Really, no one said **@%? #$#%!% were hammering him EVERYWHERE...even his own fans booed him at home.

They may have said something during that time, during the time when he demanded a trade. But it still doesn't change the fact that it was mysteriously forgotten since then and nobody says a damn thing like it never happened. But yeah, apparently it's LeBron who is the coward of the two. At least LeBron did his time like a man in Cleveland, he didn't try to do a deal to get out and demand a trade like a %!*%%.

167mm39.png

So much hate for Kobe eh? You Lebron's baby mama? Defending Lebron with all of you.
roll.gif

I'm an MJ fan and it simply doesn't mean that LBJ can past Kobe's accomplishments in his career just because they won the title this year man.It happens to most teams and players.You get lucky today,maybe not tomorrow.But at this point,comparing their records and accomplishments is still unriped.Kobe may still play for atleast 3 or less seasons and he could still put some crazy numbers on the stat sheets.So there's no reason for him to be counted out in the game.

As for Lebron,the start of his career was good but fell short when it comes to playoffs and finals.Being criticized to be a standout star player that can't finish and flops when he needs to step it up as most star players are to be. He is an explosive player without a doubt and its good that he finally proved himself worthy of a ring.

But I just despise his monicker "The King" and unconsciously (which is highly doubted) identified himself once to be the next MJ using his number and all.He is arrogant in his own way to say the least.He changed his number because he can't simply handle that number and he can't be like MJ.So spare me the gesture he made about retiring the number 23 for good crap.It was the weakest and s****iest excuse ever made.All you LBJ fans go get fat and rowdy all you want til the start of next season and let us see if he will still stay hungry for another ring.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I think the athlete under the most pressure to win is Leo Messi to win a World Cup with argentina.  He is regarded as the best player in the world (Sorry CR7 i do love you....pause).  But even Pele himself said he needs to win a title for his country to be considered the best ever.
messi-argentina-2.jpg
This is a good choice.

Only thing is he has a shot every four years unlike most the other athletes that have been mentioned in here.

Also the fact that he's on a team of 11 players means he holds less responsibility. He could play like a god and the team could still lose.

Hopefully he gets it done though cause Argentina usually have enough talent in their squad 'on paper' to win a tournament.
OP said "all of sports" so I gotta go with Messi too.  Messi has been outplayed by multiple teammates in the past 2 WCs.  IMO he doesnt look like the "best player in the world" without Xavi and Iniesta behind him.

I love the shortened season argument. Nevermind that every NBA team had to play the same condensed schedule, the playoff format still the same. Every fan would not knock their team had their team won it. Nobody would sit here and complain that the Spurs have two lockout titles, so meh at Pop, Duncan, TP and Manu. Nor would people say, Kobe actually has only 5 rings, this shortened season chip doesn't really count. Another banner for the Celtics, but, put an asterisk on the banner. Lebron got his one, and one alone is enough of a big deal. The Karl Malones, John Stocktons, Charles Barkleys, Patrick Ewings and Reggie Millers of the NBA world would be content with one, and at the end of the day, fans realize great players even without a title under their belt. Of course rings further cement a player's legacy, and Lebron did his part. I don't think there's any pressure on him anymore. Especially considering the numbers he put up during this playoffs/Finals run.

yea...Heat have to prove this wasn't an asterisk or a one-off like the Cs or Mavs with another one next season.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

RG3 has to get 1 in his first 5 seasons IMO.

why do you say that?  if you really believe that then you also believe that cam newton has to get one also very soon.
and has an eagles fan, its not happening
laugh.gif

Shortened season? thats not an excuse.

I'd say Carmelo Anthony has added pressure to win a 'chip now.

Originally Posted by ToroTrigger

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

It's still Lebron.
for many reasons - and the Heat will probably re-up and sign some big names this offseason and crush. again.
If anything its even more magnified now cause hes gonna have to prove everyone wrong AGAIN and do it twice. unfortunate but its the reality

Yo...can ya'll stop PR'ing for this #%+!% already and go back to being fans of your own teams now?

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Yo...can ya'll stop PR'ing for this #%+!% already and go back to being fans of your own teams now?

It's a lot easier for us to do that, then a lot of these other dudes who cried themselves to sleep last night knowing Lebron won one. Rationalizing it to themselves in bed, well, it doesn't really count since it was a shortened season. *. It's still ONLY one championship. These same dudes will be salty for who knows how long, while the rest of us will be cool.
laugh.gif

Tiger Woods.

...and the shortened season excuse is not valid. The back to back to back games if you're a superstar , whether you're Kobe or KD, takes a toll on your body. It's still a tough season for any star/superstars.

Back
Top Bottom