So I'm Reading An Article About President Obama in the NYTimes...

and this specific sentence jumped out at me.

Two of Mr. Obama's potential Supreme Court nominees are openly gay
Link to the Article.

I'd like to know how many of you feel about this? Do you think it is good/bad? I think this would be a monumental step and would help bring much neededdiversity to the court.

Discuss.

Originally Posted by YUNGRICH 702

bad...they should read the bible
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I don't think it should matter that much, as long as their credentials are good...

Not a big deal as long as they use their position to INTERPRET THE LAW and not advance their agenda

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

I think this would be a monumental step

However I also agree with this completely,
Originally Posted by JinKazama

Not a big deal as long as they use their position to INTERPRET THE LAW and not advance their agenda

Honestly, what group doesn't do this though? When the justices affiliate with one political ideology over another, interpreting the law evenhandedly goesout the window.

Say that to all the elder Supreme Court Judges ...
nerd.gif

advancements in civil rights have been made by dragging the opposers kicking and screaming towards the lines of equality.
the US has not changed one bit.

with gay rights.... it will be the same.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

advancements in civil rights have been made by dragging the opposers kicking and screaming towards the lines of equality.

Wut?

i think it's completely irrelevant to how successful they are as judges. it really doesn't/shouldn't matter.

are u doin your part to advance equality?

whens the last time you've dragged anybody anywhere? huh? huh?.......huh?!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by MrBigBusiness2

Wut?
it took forever for civil rights to get to where they are now (i.e. no segregation, anti-discrimination laws/policies, etc) and it will takeforever for gay rights to get to that point as well.

i dont like this....it'll prob lead to them approving all gay marriages
smh.gif
....this is the only subject that i can agree with conservatives about

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

Originally Posted by MrBigBusiness2

Wut?
it took forever for civil rights to get to where they are now (i.e. no segregation, anti-discrimination laws/policies, etc) and it will take forever for gay rights to get to that point as well.
So what though ?

You have to start somewhere .

Back
Top Bottom