So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

Yall need to relax with the guy who doesnt like the movie. I'd understand the frustration if he came in here and told everyone that its a waste of time and no one should see it, etc, but hes simply saying it didnt appeal to him. Thats his opinion. I know plenty of people who wouldnt like this type of movie simply because its not what they look for in entertainment. People like different things out of entertainment, its normal.

I dont like Halo. I cant stand playing it actually. I tried to and just couldnt get into it. I wont sit there and tell people its a bad game, because by all means its a pretty good one, but if someone asks me my opinion on it, Ill mention its not my cup of tea.  Same concept with this dude and the movie, let him live.

^People without taste shouldnt be allowed to form or express their opinions...simple as that.

^People without taste shouldnt be allowed to form or express their opinions...simple as that.

I thought this movie was worse than Prestige, Batman Begins, and Memento, I'd probably put this on par with Dark Knight. Don't get me wrong, this is better than a lot of other movies, but for Nolan it wasn't up to par.

I feel like he just kept on making up rules as he went along to create suspense.

-You wake up from a dream by dying, OH wait, now you can't do that because you're drugged.
-This is your top, if you have it you know you're in reality, oh but wait, if it keeps spinning forever, it means you're dreaming.
-Oh, you get a "kick" but, if you miss it, you get another backup "kick" when the van hits the water
-Oh don't tell me how a maze works, okay wait, tell me how the maze works
-Oh he flies private, let's just fake maintenance on a plane so he'll take commercial (Yeah right, dude could just buy another cot damn plane or rent one.)

One part that I did question was, if Leo and his girl grew old together, then how were they able to be young and get run over by that train? AND if they were in "limbo" how did they kill themselves to wake up?

I thought this movie was worse than Prestige, Batman Begins, and Memento, I'd probably put this on par with Dark Knight. Don't get me wrong, this is better than a lot of other movies, but for Nolan it wasn't up to par.

I feel like he just kept on making up rules as he went along to create suspense.

-You wake up from a dream by dying, OH wait, now you can't do that because you're drugged.
-This is your top, if you have it you know you're in reality, oh but wait, if it keeps spinning forever, it means you're dreaming.
-Oh, you get a "kick" but, if you miss it, you get another backup "kick" when the van hits the water
-Oh don't tell me how a maze works, okay wait, tell me how the maze works
-Oh he flies private, let's just fake maintenance on a plane so he'll take commercial (Yeah right, dude could just buy another cot damn plane or rent one.)

One part that I did question was, if Leo and his girl grew old together, then how were they able to be young and get run over by that train? AND if they were in "limbo" how did they kill themselves to wake up?

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

I was typing up an explanation, but then I saw you're a Lakers fan.

glasses.gif

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

I was typing up an explanation, but then I saw you're a Lakers fan.

glasses.gif

I've never left a movie more satisfied. I would of paid 50 bucks to see it, it's just that good

I've never left a movie more satisfied. I would of paid 50 bucks to see it, it's just that good

Christopher Nolan's films always makes me re-watch them (multiple times).
Amazing film. My brain is all confused right now.

Christopher Nolan's films always makes me re-watch them (multiple times).
Amazing film. My brain is all confused right now.

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

or this theory:

2. She was the main character who was given a CLUE as to what Cobbs used to judge reality or not (not JUST the totem). We are never shown any other characters being given knowledge that he spun it and would wait to see if it stopped spinning or not. As a comparison, we see 2 other characters' totems - Arthur's die and Ariadne' chess piece. BUT, we are never shown how they judge the totems, only what they are. In one scene, Cobbs actually tells Ariadne how he uses the totem.
As far as Arthur's die I thought he said he was the only one who knew how much it weighed 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

or this theory:

2. She was the main character who was given a CLUE as to what Cobbs used to judge reality or not (not JUST the totem). We are never shown any other characters being given knowledge that he spun it and would wait to see if it stopped spinning or not. As a comparison, we see 2 other characters' totems - Arthur's die and Ariadne' chess piece. BUT, we are never shown how they judge the totems, only what they are. In one scene, Cobbs actually tells Ariadne how he uses the totem.
As far as Arthur's die I thought he said he was the only one who knew how much it weighed 
nerd.gif

By the way, In mythology, Ariadne is known as the goddess of the labyrinth.

"Ariadne is the keeper of the labyrinths, which are symbolic of the many paths in life, and the womb. When our life paths come to a fork, Ariadne is the one we should turn to for guidance."

By the way, In mythology, Ariadne is known as the goddess of the labyrinth.

"Ariadne is the keeper of the labyrinths, which are symbolic of the many paths in life, and the womb. When our life paths come to a fork, Ariadne is the one we should turn to for guidance."

Great film. One of the best i've seen content wise in a while. A great movie that talks about the power of the sub conscious mind. Ironically I watched the Matrix 1 and half of 2 before I went to catch the show. 
pimp.gif

Great film. One of the best i've seen content wise in a while. A great movie that talks about the power of the sub conscious mind. Ironically I watched the Matrix 1 and half of 2 before I went to catch the show. 
pimp.gif

Caught a 6PM showing...

Great all around. Watanabe's acting/speech was bad but seriously...perfect beginning, perfect ending, great script, superb acting.

Cotillard better get a Supporting Actress Nomination for her role.

Caught a 6PM showing...

Great all around. Watanabe's acting/speech was bad but seriously...perfect beginning, perfect ending, great script, superb acting.

Cotillard better get a Supporting Actress Nomination for her role.

Back
Top Bottom