So, J.R. Rider is in love with the glass pipe (mugshot inside)

thefoteenth

Banned
So my boy was working undercover (cant say the department) last week or so, and as normal he gets approached to either buy crack or see if he is selling any.But this time, behold, it's former NBA player J.R. freagin Rider; skinny as hell, on every drug imaginalable, but worst of all, HOMELESS. Dude has ZEROdollars and no house. I'ts very sad but hey, no pitty if you did it to yourself. Oh, and he arrested him.

I didnt believe him until he sent this to my phone today, his mugshot:

I couldnt edit the picture so im sorry for all the extra pics but homie is loaaaaaaaaaaded in that picture lol. Not as skinny as I thought he'd look but myboy said he had a crack pipe on him, had no address, confessed to being homeless and addicted to a handful of drugs.

its
eek.gif
frown.gif
and
tired.gif
at the same time.
edit: for a homeless guy he had a fresh cut lol.

A damn shame....used to be one of my favorite players...esp. since he was from the Bay....but what a waste....SMH....

94rider.jpg

I was going through my sports cards a few days ago and was looking at a couple of his rookie cards...
tired.gif

I'm glad most leagues are starting to make their rookies take money management classes. There really is NO excuse for ANY athlete to go broke after hisplaying days have ended. I guess it's pretty easy to sit here and say "Oh, give me $5 million and I'm set", but I mean HOMELESS?
smh.gif

Very sad indeed. Followed JR's career and always rooted for him because he is from the Bay. Sadly for many individuals who have problems prior to"making it big", making millions of dollars only makes their problems a million times worse. Last I heard, I thought he was in jail for somekidnapping offense. I hope the guy turns it around. I'd hate to see things end tragically for him.

i just read his bio on wikipedia.

after reading his "post NBA career" section, it's apparent dude has serious problems.
tired.gif

Damn...

Was this in cali?

Shame. I just don't see how these people blow through money like that.

You need to have good people around you and I guess he didn't.

Such a shame.

Can't find anything on this but found this from last year...

[table][tr][td]Former NBA player Isaiah Rider arrested[/td] [/tr][/table]
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Former NBA player Isaiah Rider was jailed Saturday for investigation of auto theft, police said.

Rider, 37, was driving a car that failed to stop at an intersection about 2:30 a.m. in the city's Skid Row district, Officer NormaEisenman said.

Officers checking the license plates discovered the car had been reported stolen from South Los Angeles, and Rider was arrested, policesaid.

He remained in the Los Angeles County jail on $25,000 bail, according to information on the website for the county Sheriff'sDepartment.

Rider played at UNLV before reaching the NBA in 1993. He played with the Minnesota Timberwolves, Portland Trail Blazers, Atlanta Hawks,Los Angeles Lakers and Denver Nuggets before ending his career in 2001.

Rider had a string of arrests both during and after his career for drug use, assault and other crimes. He also racked up large fines andsuspensions during his playing days for offenses that ranged from being tardy to practice to spitting at fans.

In January, Berkeley police answering a report of a confrontation between a taxi driver and a passenger arrested Rider on Oaklandwarrants alleging unlawful firearm possession and grand theft.

Last year, he pleaded guilty in Marin County to several charges, including felony cocaine possession, battery and evading a policeofficer. Before sentencing, he told the court his life had spun out of control.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Damn...

Was this in cali?

Shame. I just don't see how these people blow through money like that.

You need to have good people around you and I guess he didn't.

Such a shame.

Damn N_ look like pookie real talk, I was just watching a highlight of him on espn and the dude was like what happened to this guy

Back
Top Bottom