So Jay-Z may have made $50 million from Ace of Spades...

Sorry but I dont get why Jay-z is
pimp.gif
for his business ventures. Most of them only succeed because of his name not because of good business skills. Dudes business game is lacking for how much hype he gets for the money he makes.

to be fair....nas has turned down SO many endorsements.....back in da day it was considered corny to sell out....

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

pimp.gif
for his business ventures. Most of them only succeed because of his name not because of good business skills. Dudes business game is lacking for how much hype he gets for the money he makes.

You serious?

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

pimp.gif

You serious?
shoot if that's the case i'm dropping out of school and changing my name to Jay-Z

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Jay-Z could start promoting Cook's and it'd start selling for $1500 in the club. Champagne prices are just dumb.
roll.gif
Cooks

Ridiculous, that Ace of Spades stuff was proven to be a fake "prestige" champagne. What a joke. Moet, Cristal, etc... real champagnes.

pimp.gif
Oh.

Spoiler [+]
Jay-Z-Ace-of-Spades.jpg
He won.

"Ya'll thinking Blake Carrington I'm thinking more like Ming"

LOL @ Nas turning down SO many endorsements. I don't call declining to pay child support turning down an endorsement ninjahood but if you do more power to you champ.

pimp.gif

You serious?
Dead serious. He is marketable like Justin Bieber people will eat up anything they attach to themselves. Does that make them business savy and good business men? no. Look at how well Jay-Z ran Def Jam....

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

Originally Posted by ninjahood

to be fair....nas has turned down SO many endorsements.....back in da day it was considered corny to sell out....
nas_graf_wall_.jpg

Made by 310 Motoring

nas.jpg

sick.gif
c'mon man...look at da 310 motoring...even he knows they fugly
laugh.gif

im talkin back in da 90's

pimp.gif

You serious?
Dead serious. He is marketable like Justin Bieber people will eat up anything they attach to themselves. Does that make them business savy and good business men? no. Look at how well Jay-Z ran Def Jam....
Not sure if serious 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Tony Goalie

I remember Nas turning down a beer comercial on MTV Diaries but look at him now.

tired.gif

and thats the "down SO many endorsements." Ninjahood is talkin bout

Ace of spades is ok....you can get better for much less.

Which is why I give Jay-Z props. Marketing at its finest.

My boy had it and said it wasn't worth the price. Props to hov for making the dough tho

pimp.gif

You serious?
Ok check it..If Jay came from a rich background and was born into fame like Paris Hilton I would understand your argument..But the fact that he came from NOTHING and made his name an household name that can sell products is pretty
pimp.gif
to me..I mean come on, you gotta give props where props are due. On top of that Armadale had jay-z's name behind it and that failed..miserably....His name helps, I would admit..but thats not the main factor that sells the product.

You serious?
Ok check it..If Jay came from a rich background and was born into fame like Paris Hilton I would understand your argument..But the fact that he came from NOTHING and made his name an household name that can sell products is pretty
pimp.gif
to me..I mean come on, you gotta give props where props are due. On top of that Armadale had jay-z's name behind it and that failed..miserably....His name helps, I would admit..but thats not the main factor that sells the product.
Why even argue w/ dude. If the person's name aint Steve Jobs, he gon hate. 
But Jay's marketing of Ace of Spades came at a time where there wasn't really a big marketing in the Hip Hop community for champagne.  After the Cristal boycott, there wasn't really anybody w/ enough clout to market something so he def won.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

pimp.gif
Why even argue w/ dude. If the person's name aint Steve Jobs, he gon hate. 
But Jay's marketing of Ace of Spades came at a time where there wasn't really a big marketing in the Hip Hop community for champagne.  After the Cristal boycott, there wasn't really anybody w/ enough clout to market something so he def won.
Exactly...You're talking about the Cristal boycott that Jay Z constructed right? The same boycott used to shotput Ace of Spades? Oh but Jay z has no business sense

laugh.gif

Yall gonna seriously act like Jay boycotting Cristal was some marketing plan. The fact of the matter is that after years of free promotion, Cristal turned around and thanked him by saying we don't want you buying our product, it isn't intended for ppl like you. Who in theyre right mind would continue to plug something like that. If anything yall should be giving props to the ppl at AoS for picking up on that and using Jay as a tool to work that situation in their favor.

Back
Top Bottom