...So Jay-z wants MORE of that Liquor money v. $$$$$

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
these dudes know how to GET IT

ace of spades money coming in...ciroc just basically printing money for alot of heads...now a cognac...

jay1.jpg

By Miranda Johnson

Jay-Z is constantly expanding his list of endorsement deals, and now the rapper-mogul has added a new Bacardi Cognac to his massive portfolio. On Wednesday night (May 9) Jay attended a private event in New York City to help introduce Bacardi‘s D'ussé, a new VSOP Cognac that will be launched later this year.

NY Post Writer Defends Racist Story On Jay-Z, Brooklyn Nets

D’ussé is targeting a younger consumer market that will compete with brands such as Hennessey, Rémy Martin and Courvoisier. Being that Jay-Z dominates this designated area, it makes the Brooklyn native the perfect candidate to assist in marketing the product. Bacardi's new Cognac will launch in June and will be available nationwide in September. The Cognac will cost consumers $45 for a 750mL bottle and will be sold in other various sizes as well.

Mr. Carter has previously endorsed prominent brands like Reebok and HP computers, and Jay currently promotes Armand de Brignac aka Ace of Spade champagne.

Jay and his wife Beyonce recently attended a book launch party for L.A. Reid's wife Erica Reid in New York City on Tuesday night. The two openly expressed some rare displays of affection with Jay even getting snapped while playfully cupping his wife cheeks.

http://
NY-BQ484_JAY_G_20120510221857.jpg

Nicholas Hunt/ Patrick McMullan
Rapper Jay-Z

"Is that Jake Gyllenhaall?" asked a partygoer on the 18th floor of the Standard Hotel Wednesday night.

Indeed it was, although a number of people weren't sure. A security guard told Mr. Gyllenhaal he'd need to check in, directing the movie-star toward a cadre of young women in pink dresses.

Holding clip-boards, the women were guarding the entrance to a fete for the launch of D'ussé, a cognac from the liquor company Bacardi, produced at the Chateau de Cognac in France. Recognizing the actor at a glance, the young women did not need to check Mr. Gyllenhaal in under "G," after all; they ushered him through the swinging doors leading to the storied Standard Hotel bar.

Enlarge Image
NY-BQ488_JAY_G_20120510222244.jpg

Nicholas Hunt/Patrick McMullan
DJ Jus Ske

One couldn't fault a few guests for failing to identify the "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" star, whose famous face was hidden behind a scruffy beard, a black baseball hat and a zip-up hoodie, "Donnie Darko" style. But the rapper and businessman Jay-Z, who greeted the actor from behind a VIP rope by the bar, did not mistake Mr. Gyllenhaal, an apparent friend of his, for anyone else.

On one side of that rope, the actor and rapper watched the Knicks versus Heat game, rapt. Joining them were the singer Solange Knowles and musician Pharrell Williams.

On the other side were the party reporters, plus-ones, photographers and publicists, who were denied an actual interview with the higher-profile guests but toasted cognac glasses nonetheless.

Enlarge Image
NY-BQ487_JAY_G_20120510222106.jpg

Nicholas Hunt/ Patrick McMullan
Musician Solange Knowles

A spokeswoman for the event said Jay-Z and his guests had requested a television set, tuned to the Knicks game. (They lost.)

Alain Allegretti, the chef behind New York's La Promenade des Anglais, had cooked for foodies and editors the night before, at a preview party for the brand. What does one serve for the editors who eat everything? "Foie-gras, roasted rhubarb glazed with the cognac, soft-shell crab, rack of lamb with cognac sauce and chocolate mousse!" he said.

Mr. Allegretti had also recently dined with Jay-Z and Beyoncé, when they swung by his new Atlantic City restaurant, Azure.

Enlarge Image
NY-BQ486_JAY_G_20120510222017.jpg

Nicholas Hunt/Patrick McMullan
Actress Adrienne Bailon

"We had a lot of fun!" Mr. Allegretti recalled. "They are very humble."

A few glasses of D'ussé in, a reporter asked how this drink differentiates itself from all the other expensive liquors on the market.

"A lot of cognacs have been around for hundreds of years," said Christine Molle, who works at Bacardi and helped create the product. "This is a new take on it." Ms. Molle added, "Jay-Z is known to be a cognac drinker."

A glance at the VIP section, from all the way over by the other bar, confirmed her assertion. "Cheers!" she said.

bottle is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
we'll see what it tastes like...

dusse.jpg

Got to taste if first.

I can't believe how many poeple drink Ciroc. Its like kiddie alcohol. The flavors are too sweet.

No one will ever dethrown Grey Goose and Hennessey.

Yea Jay being from BK hs to know that Henny won't be dethroned but he will be seeing a few extra mill from this.

Bottle looks like royalty lol

Brown liquor is for thugs and women that want their panties removed immediately, I'll pass. But be ready for this to be everyone's go to
drink now i.e. rose, ciroc, ace of spades

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Got to taste if first.

I can't believe how many poeple drink Ciroc. Its like kiddie alcohol. The flavors are too sweet.

Watch the Thrown?

Got to taste if first.

Unflavored ciroc is good. I honestly don't see much of a difference between goose, ciroc, belve, or even ketel 1

Don't really get down with the brown, but then again i've never really given it a try. What are even brown mixers
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by youngdoc

Got to taste if first.

Unflavored ciroc is good. I honestly don't see much of a difference between goose, ciroc, belve, or even ketel 1

Belve and Grey Goose are practically the same thing(Goose maybe a little smoother). Truth be told, I dont mess with Kettle 1, if I'm going that route, I drinking Stolies.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Don't really get down with the brown, but then again i've never really given it a try. What are even brown mixers
laugh.gif

thats the thing.  good brown doesnt need a mixer.  why ruin good alcohol with some sugary BS.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

laugh.gif

thats the thing.  good brown doesnt need a mixer.  why ruin good alcohol with some sugary BS.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Sprite is the best way to go. Coke will work, also.

Got to taste if first.

Naaaa Chief...Goose is just Rubbing Alcohol in a fancy bottle...Hennessy on the other hand though.....and its a VSOP too, can't wait to cop....oh and dethrone*

My boys have been on Henny Black lately, y'all recommend?
pimp.gif

I do it's smooth as hell, now I might have to grab a bottle this evening

I prefer to get right on that white(no blow). I definitely like Henn, but that brown usually puts me to sleep in someone's recliner.

Back
Top Bottom