So.... John Gruden

Joined Aug 20, 2003

nothing against the guy.... but I've been watching him with the QB draft picks on ESPN's Gruden's QB Camp and I'm just wondering what he's doing there? I mean statistically anyone can say, well Brandon he won a superbowl as a head coach... but did he not inherit that from a team that Tony Dungy built? I think he seems like a nice guy personally but....

Gruden: "Where's your weight distributed"!?
Tebow: 80-20!
Gruden: "Well thats what I like to hear..."

I do like the show because it gives a little insight into these QB's coming into this years draft but some of the stuff he says... I don't know. Your thoughts...

Joined Apr 28, 2005
the show was good

i liked how he was tough with all four

btw u might say he inherited a superbowl team, but the team he left also made the same superbowl

Joined Feb 21, 2005
Too much goes into gameplanning to inherit a superbowl squad...One that Tony Dungy failed to get over the hump repeatedly. And what have the Raiders really done since he left except the squad that was "inherited" by Bill Callahan that he beat in the super bowl.

I thoroughly enjoy these segments.

Joined Sep 5, 2003
I think he's like 75% BS'n with these guys because he can.

These guys seem mad awkward though. Bradford was leant back in his chair on some Top Gun @$% like "Yeah I'm getting drafted #1, can't tell me nuthin..." Gruden had Colt & Tim shook, and Jimmy seemed like the only one that was relaxed and ready to learn. Just sayin....

Joined Jul 14, 2003
Haven't seen the show but as to your question, Gruden's been known around the circles as a "QB guru" and obviously does know the game... this show is I'm sure nothing more than another ESPN prop for them to hype the draft, Tebow and MNF. We all know that. Gruden is the guy picked to do it cause he's already on the payroll. And he wants the exposure.

Joined Jul 27, 2005
Originally Posted by RetroBaller

ill take his word over yours
Saw the season recap for the Bucs on NFL network, this guy buries himself in x's and o's. Wish the Lions would've grabbed him instead of Schwartz.

Joined Feb 9, 2009
The only one I seen taking notes was Clausen.

It may have been a for TV thing but I liked it.

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Originally Posted by Statis22

The only one I seen taking notes was Clausen.

It may have been a for TV thing but I liked it.
except when Clausen was writing notes it was after Gruden was talking about not making mistakes.... lol

Joined Feb 9, 2008
I think Gruden is on point with the things he's saying to the rookie QBs. After watching these segments, Gruden needs to be a head coach asap.

Joined May 5, 2009
Thought it was offcial, Coach Gruden went well into what they should expect there intro to the League to be. I think the four QB's generally took to the liking of what they hear over and over on a regular basis and were ready to answer. They passed that test pretty easily.

My fav parts were how coach was explaining how the WR's ask for the ball on certain plays and how the QB's gotta make the team everything go in the right flow.
Also, the Drew Bree's appreciation story about how they razored to John Abraham knowing exactly what was gonna be open and make something happen. Real in depth and made me appreciate the NFL and its players much more.

Joined Mar 4, 2007
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

even though hes not a Rookie i would love to see him and JaMarcus in film room
Chuckie - "what would you do with what this defense is giving you...?"

Jamarcus - "...."

Chuckie - "....?"

Jamarcus - "....."

Chuckie - " Son put down the doughnut"

But on the reals, he caught a bad break in TB, he didnt have a QB/RB and the defense was gettin older.... give it a year or 2 and hes back in the league....

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now