SO my grandma passed away and...

My grandma died last year but I'm okay with it because she live a happy life till age 97.

my g-pa died on my bday 2 years ago
frown.gif
but yeah...my mom didn't stop crying and stuff for a couple months. time is the only thing that will help her moveon....but still just tell her you're there if she needs a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to.

try to make her happy....ask her if she needs anything wen ur getting food or helping out or something...
rip to ur grandma...

My dad was also the same when my grandma passed away. I wasn't affected at all. But it really hit him because that was the last peice of his childhood tohold onto so we was really down.

I just gave him his space till he was back to his own self. Took about a year.

Good luck.

R.I.P. if you are the type of person to joke around and make people smile and your mom enjoys your ways do that (did that when my grandpa died.. I was tryingto hold in my grief (wish I didn't messed me up to this day but I was concerned with cheering people up and making life better for those around me) . Ifnot just spend time with her.. I mean the best way to help is show your mom that you can be strong and that she has you and you will be there for your mom.

Sorry to hear that man.

Best thing to do would be to ask your mom if she needs anything, or if you want to give her options, ask her if she wants to talk about it or if she just needstime to herself.

Death is a tough process for many people around it and some people will handle it differntly than others. Sorry for your loss though.

R.I.P. Try to comfort your mom. Imagine what it would be like to lose the person who raised you.

It's alright my dood. Listen to what Rilla says.. and don't forget that your grandma did live a good life for your moms so there's always a lot ofmemories for her to go back on.

My pops lost his parents in this decade, really hit me cause this dood has been through so much. My mom's momma came to visit us for a couple months,I'm still a little sad she's back in her home country, and the last time I saw her before that was when I was in 5th grade.

time heals all wounds. Just let her be, My mom been through that phase when both my grand parents died and so did my dad.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

my grandmom passed away on my sister's wedding day, totally out of the blue, got a call in the morning and my sister cancelled the wedding, worst day of my life
wow

My grandma (mom's mom) died about 4 years ago, & the only thing you can do is be there for your mom. It was the same for me, the death didnt reallyaffect me, I dont know why, I guess I expected it to happen. But just be there for your mom, time will heal, but not completely. There are sometimes when mymom will still cry at night. The worst was when she called her my grandmothers number on accident after it happened. I wish you and your family well in thissituation.

Tell your mom she doesn't need to be strong in front of you if she doesn't want to.

Tell her to express herself however she feels.

I am lucky that longevity is strong on both sides of my family. All of my grandparents are alive and well and when I was born two of my great grand motherswere alive. However, time has been taking its toll and in the last two years, both of my great grandmothers have died at the ages of 99 and 103, respectively.Although I knew them fairly well since one died when I was 22 and the other when I was 23, I was still sad but not nearly as said or grief stricken as mygrandparents or even my parents.

I think it really hits harder the closer you are to that link in the generational chain. In both cases, my mom, who was really attached to both, was crying andluckily I was not crying and she was able to old my arm and cry on my shoulder as is the routine at most funerals we attend. I have been lucky because none ofmy closest relatives have died during my life time or if they did, I was very young when it happened. It will be tough when my grandparents and my parents die,but hopefully it will be far into the future.

Rest In Peace for your grandmother and I concur with most people here and tell your mother that she does not have hold back tears or her feelings with you. Hermother just died and it is completely appropriate for her to be overwhelmed with grief for a while.

give her time, she just needs to cry it all out and get through that phase. dont comfort her, jus let her have her alone time.

wen my grandma died my mom was so upset cuz she left mexico in 89 my family went to visit her on dec 2000 and she died march 01 so my mom was really upset andi couldnt do anything bout her i left her and told her i love her made her a lil better and told her i was always gonna be there 4 her r.i.p 2 ur grandma

Back
Top Bottom