So my grandma passed away last night...

I was just wondering if you guys had any advice on how to deal with a death in the family. My first instinct is to smoke weed or drink but I know that that isprobably super unhealthy. I'd ask my friends but I'm not the kind of guy that likes people giving sympathy to so I thought I would ask a bunch ofrandom strangers instead..

Hmm, so you don't like sympathy... I was gonna say go hang out with your friends or do some productive things to keep your mind off the pain. If you hangout with your friends though, then it's hard not to receive any sympathy. I'd agree to stay away from the drugs and alcohol though.

It sucks. I lost a grandparent on each side within nine months of each other. Even though both deaths were expected, it was still hard. I didn't get to seemy grandfather buried because he lived in Israel. But when we had the viewing for my Nana, I couldn't even approach the casket. I still get sad today.

Ultimately you just have to realize it's a part of life. And often for those who are older, it's much more peaceful to be deceased than living.

Too much death going around. My ex's cousin got shot around 1 pm today over some bull. She died shortly after.

I'll pray for ya'll man.

What Brooklyn said, just pray my dude. I lost an uncle back in August. Losin a loved just releases all ur emotions at once. Just pray, try not to talk abouthow u feel or the situation til u feel ready and strong enough to. Another thing that helps me is realize that they no longer have to suffer and u justremember the good times u had w/ em.

RKO2004 I'm sorry to hear that RIP. and thanks for all of the advice. I have never been much of a prayer but maybe it's time I have a talk with the bigguy truth is I don't even know how I would start. My Grandma was a devout Catholic so she would probably be really happy if I did that.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

It sucks. I lost a grandparent on each side within nine months of each other. Even though both deaths were expected, it was still hard. I didn't get to see my grandfather buried because he lived in Israel. But when we had the viewing for my Nana, I couldn't even approach the casket. I still get sad today.

Ultimately you just have to realize it's a part of life. And often for those who are older, it's much more peaceful to be deceased than living.
So true.

RIP.

My grandmother passed away 5 years ago. Im gonna visit her along with my favorite uncle who passed away last year in Peru this summer. I know im a shed tearswhen I do get there. Im almost sheding tears just typing this and thinking about it.

Stay on your grind fam .. It aint a easy thing to take in .. But at least you know she in a better place .. R.I.P

I just have sleep deprivation for 3 days which was just saddening looking at it now. It wasnt that bad cause we all knew my grandfather wasnt gonna be aroundlong because he battle cancer for years and was really weak, Helping him that week changed my life.

although you might not feel it now, its going to hit you HARD depending how close you were to her

my advice is to just LET IT ALL OUT, dont hold that in...i held it in for the first 4-5 days when my grandpa died 2 years ago, and felt much better when i letit out

most importantly, be there for the fam..

RIP
tired.gif

I send my condolences. Its been almost three years since my grandmother passed away. I cherished all the time we spent to together, and the only words ofadvice i can offer is just remember the good times, don't ever forget them..

Angel

Celebrate her life instead of mourning her death. Take all the things that you've learned from her and apply it to your life instead of thinking about howit's unfair. Just find a way to let her values and morals live through you. I'm sure any grandmother would want their grandchildren to go on with theirlife instead of sulking in depression. And like most other people have said, prayer is key. I don't know if you practice a religion or whatever, but justpray.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

- Pray man, just pray.

I lost both of my Grandmothers in one year, and praying really helps.

what do you pray for?

When my gma passed away....family gatherings helped because that's when i would usually visit my gma so being surrounded by loved ones were good...SO idont know how you remember your gma but it really helps.

Originally Posted by Rightguard

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

- Pray man, just pray.

I lost both of my Grandmothers in one year, and praying really helps.

what do you pray for?

When my gma passed away....family gatherings helped because that's when i would usually visit my gma so being surrounded by loved ones were good...SO i dont know how you remember your gma but it really helps.
I'm not going to tell you what I prayed for, that's personal.

And I don't have a family like yours, "Only my parents and sister", so praying really help get through the difficult times.

Back
Top Bottom