~~~So NT Whats a Good Credit Card Company For a..~~~

..Young college student, since I started college i ran into a lot of emergency situations where dat plastic would've been much appreciated, any advice asto which company I should check into?..

If it helps, with my income now, I make about $280 a week, with my bills being only a car note of $190, insurance $225, and phone bill of about $65.

You might wana start at a credit union. They helped me a lot when I was getting started.

Originally Posted by socluis90

You might wana start at a credit union. They helped me a lot when I was getting started.

If you don't mind.. how exactly did they help you?

Check with your local college bank/credit union.
Each college usually has at least one that helps their students out.

Originally Posted by kidKiDd

Originally Posted by socluis90

If you don't mind.. how exactly did they help you?

They give you credit (small amount) when no one else will. They'll keep your interest rate low/acceptable and aren't really out to get you like regularCC companies. After a few months of having credit with them you can move on to a real CC since you now have credit history. After that it's all smoothsailing and you better learn how to manage those 10k limit CC's or it'll bite you in the !@#.

School Credit Union, or local one around your way..

Chase, and Bank of America are pretty good for student cards..

Watch out for APR's above 15%, and AF aka Annual Fees. Always pay you balances off in full every month as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom