So the NBA has NBA Cares, NFL has Play 60, what does the MLB have?

i d0nt pass

Banned
?

I know NBA players mad as hell they basically doing community service while all NFL players have to do is run around and play with fatties

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I thought they did the "make it better" program. I don't know if they have their own official cause though.

RBI program but i dont think its as public as the nba community service stuff. i dont think baseball players have as much free time during the season. impretty sure each individual team runs their own community service programs too.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

RBI program but i dont think its as public as the nba community service stuff. i dont think baseball players have as much free time during the season. im pretty sure each individual team runs their own community service programs too.

Basically.

MLB has several programs. Most of them team driven. Dodgers have the Dodgers Dream Foundation and Think Cure. They usually send players on hospital visitsand community service events throughout the year. I know the majority of teams do this.

They just don't shove it down people's throats like the NBA
laugh.gif

The NFL just started pushing the Play 60 program and that is just to get people, kids especially, to be more active. They have the platform to do so, beingthat it is the most popular sport in America and obesity is an epidemic.

NFL, MLB, and NHL players all do community service. Like I said, no other league shoves it down people's throats like the NBA.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

RBI program but i dont think its as public as the nba community service stuff. i dont think baseball players have as much free time during the season. im pretty sure each individual team runs their own community service programs too.

Basically.

MLB has several programs. Most of them team driven. Dodgers have the Dodgers Dream Foundation and Think Cure. They usually send players on hospital visits and community service events throughout the year. I know the majority of teams do this.

They just don't shove it down people's throats like the NBA
laugh.gif

The NFL just started pushing the Play 60 program and that is just to get people, kids especially, to be more active. They have the platform to do so, being that it is the most popular sport in America and obesity is an epidemic.

NFL, MLB, and NHL players all do community service. Like I said, no other league shoves it down people's throats like the NBA.
And don't think these dudes would do all of this if they didn't have to.

Dudes like Antoine Walker, no way.

Originally Posted by I D0NT PASS

I know NBA players mad as hell they basically doing community service while all NFL players have to do is run around and play with fatties

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
I was definitely joking with my first reply. I hope I haven't started nothin.
laugh.gif

Ummm...Antoine had the exact opposite problem.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by JD617

Not quite...

Toine was financially supporting up to 70 friends and relatives. Not being charitable enough was the least of his issues. He never learned how to say no, andblew through all his money.

And he started his own charity by the way. He did more than the mandatory amount of service.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Not quite...

Toine was financially supporting up to 70 friends and relatives. Not being charitable enough was the least of his issues. He never learned how to say no, and blew through all his money.

And he started his own charity by the way. He did more than the mandatory amount of service.

Buying your uncle Ray Ray a 09 Range Rove aint exactly charity work.

I understand what you're getting at but I think you're being a little naive about the reality of "supporting friends and relatives"

My first post was tongue in cheek, but Toine was known for being way too generous. Of course, gambling sprees with MJ didn't help his situation either.

Back
Top Bottom