So this Nigerian scammer is trying to scam me. Vol: i want to screw him over

so here's the deal, i put an iPhone 4 up on craigslist. this dude msgs me interested in the item and the conversation goes as follows:

(red) him, (blue) me

Hello,

i will like to know if this item till available for sale? let me know

ur best price and the present condition...

$600 or best offer. Shoot me one

Condition is 9.9/10

Thanks,

Alex

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for the mail, am out of the country but i will i can only pay
you with PayPal..so  will like to offer you 730 include the shipping
charges..so i want you to send me your PayPal money request if my
offer was accepted so that i can make the payment to your account....

waiting to read from you soon...

[font=arial, sans-serif]sure it's *********@gmail.com[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks for the mail, i will make the payment to your account now...and
i will let you know the delivery address..
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
paypallol.png

[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]hello, i want you to know that i have just done with the payment
now..and i hope that you have been received the conformation from
PayPal as well....so i want you to get the item shipped to the address
they gave to you by PayPal and get back to them with the shipment
tracking number for verification so that they can get your account
credit..and also get back to me as well..

[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Ok I will ship the item tomorrow or Thursday.

Can you let me know when you receive it?

Thanks,

Alex
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]OK SO... I have this address and his phone number. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I wanted to send a package to him, put the cost of the phone at $1000 and make this %$#+@* pay a bunch of money for duty/taxes or whatever and he gets NOTHING. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Who wants to help me out? [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I need about $50 (according to Canada Post cheapest shipping option WITH dilevery! so i'd keep this thread updated). Asking some friends to help donate and hopefully you guys can help out too. If this isn't allowed, then remove this part, don't lock the thread i'll just collect money from friends and hopefully still be able to go through with it.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]His address:[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Name: Busura Shola Rasaq  
roll.gif
 *dead*
Address:DKL apha photo building
City: Ibadan
State: Oyo
Postal Code: 23402
Tel: +2347085882694
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]His phone number is there... anyone with an international Skype credit? go ahead and call it. report back[/font]

so here's the deal, i put an iPhone 4 up on craigslist. this dude msgs me interested in the item and the conversation goes as follows:

(red) him, (blue) me

Hello,

i will like to know if this item till available for sale? let me know

ur best price and the present condition...

$600 or best offer. Shoot me one

Condition is 9.9/10

Thanks,

Alex

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for the mail, am out of the country but i will i can only pay
you with PayPal..so  will like to offer you 730 include the shipping
charges..so i want you to send me your PayPal money request if my
offer was accepted so that i can make the payment to your account....

waiting to read from you soon...

[font=arial, sans-serif]sure it's *********@gmail.com[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks for the mail, i will make the payment to your account now...and
i will let you know the delivery address..
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
paypallol.png

[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]hello, i want you to know that i have just done with the payment
now..and i hope that you have been received the conformation from
PayPal as well....so i want you to get the item shipped to the address
they gave to you by PayPal and get back to them with the shipment
tracking number for verification so that they can get your account
credit..and also get back to me as well..

[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Ok I will ship the item tomorrow or Thursday.

Can you let me know when you receive it?

Thanks,

Alex
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]OK SO... I have this address and his phone number. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I wanted to send a package to him, put the cost of the phone at $1000 and make this %$#+@* pay a bunch of money for duty/taxes or whatever and he gets NOTHING. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Who wants to help me out? [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I need about $50 (according to Canada Post cheapest shipping option WITH dilevery! so i'd keep this thread updated). Asking some friends to help donate and hopefully you guys can help out too. If this isn't allowed, then remove this part, don't lock the thread i'll just collect money from friends and hopefully still be able to go through with it.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]His address:[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Name: Busura Shola Rasaq  
roll.gif
 *dead*
Address:DKL apha photo building
City: Ibadan
State: Oyo
Postal Code: 23402
Tel: +2347085882694
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]His phone number is there... anyone with an international Skype credit? go ahead and call it. report back[/font]

Yo I have a cool idea. Reply that you are conducting an experiment on handwriting. Tell him each page handwritten is 10 bucks. Suggest big books that would provide the most bang for the buck. Something like Harry Potter, LOTR,  etc.!!! 

Yo I have a cool idea. Reply that you are conducting an experiment on handwriting. Tell him each page handwritten is 10 bucks. Suggest big books that would provide the most bang for the buck. Something like Harry Potter, LOTR,  etc.!!! 

Question. How would they do this scam over paypal? I mean i understand checks and stuff. But couldn't you just make sure the money is safely in your bank before you ship out?

Question. How would they do this scam over paypal? I mean i understand checks and stuff. But couldn't you just make sure the money is safely in your bank before you ship out?

Originally Posted by hieu23

wait, how is he trying to scam you? didn't you get the payment?

wow. 

no lol. it's not a legit paypal email. there's no money in my account. even if it was 'pending' it would show pending in my account.

also:

- the email is not addressed to my full name.

- the email is from shipmentlinks@consultant.com

Originally Posted by hieu23

wait, how is he trying to scam you? didn't you get the payment?

wow. 

no lol. it's not a legit paypal email. there's no money in my account. even if it was 'pending' it would show pending in my account.

also:

- the email is not addressed to my full name.

- the email is from shipmentlinks@consultant.com

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Im pretty sure you got that idea from another topic on this site or from another website.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Im pretty sure you got that idea from another topic on this site or from another website.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

he's trying to.. i don't have the payment or anything. all the emails are fake. 
the thing is... these people hope that you don't check your PayPal account. they try to attack the computer illiterate and before it's too late the item is already sent out. 

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

he's trying to.. i don't have the payment or anything. all the emails are fake. 
the thing is... these people hope that you don't check your PayPal account. they try to attack the computer illiterate and before it's too late the item is already sent out. 

keep bugging him and he will send you a real payment. only thing is later its gonna get reversed.

keep bugging him and he will send you a real payment. only thing is later its gonna get reversed.

Back
Top Bottom