So Unemployment Benefits Are Ending Next Week?

I was on unemployment for a while. Why would i take a job working 40+ hours a week when i can make more on unemployment and help out my family?

Why would a Fortune 500 company hire more people to make a lesser net?

You want it one way..... But it's the other way.

I was on unemployment for a while. Why would i take a job working 40+ hours a week when i can make more on unemployment and help out my family?

Why would a Fortune 500 company hire more people to make a lesser net?

You want it one way..... But it's the other way.

1. Company's do not hire people to make less money.
2. You didn't answer the question

I get what your saying but in no circumstances should you laugh at man WORKING!

I can laugh if your outside life is so pitiful that's all that's important to you. What about family, friends, hobbies, etc

Unless you're working for yourself, you're just busting your *** to make another man rich.

Like my Dad always says, ALL employees are replaceable, killing yourself for a job is silly because in the grand scheme of things you're not important.

I can laugh if your outside life is so pitiful that's all that's important to you. What about family, friends, hobbies, etc

Unless you're working for yourself, you're just busting your *** to make another man rich.

Like my Dad always says, ALL employees are replaceable, killing yourself for a job is silly because in the grand scheme of things you're not important.

Your making some large assumptions son!

I work FOR my family, not to make someone else rich.

What do you and your dad do?

I put in work for me and my child. This whole assumption that "if you don't own your own business your an idiot and a slave" mentality is ******ed.

Your making some large assumptions son!

I work FOR my family, not to make someone else rich.

What do you and your dad do?

I put in work for me and my child. This whole assumption that "if you don't own your own business your an idiot and a slave" mentality is ******ed.
you work for your family?

Naw... You work for the rich man... He compensates you so you can hand that over to the family.

Can someone explain how ratchets can live off welfare and stamps and 8?

I need am itemized list.

exactly. I claim zero on my w-2 so all that OT, 5% in 401k, health and dental benefits took a chunk out of my check. im just earning back in unemployment what I paid taxes. yet people in here crying rivers they hate people milking the system. be mad at the people milking welfare who can clearly work but decide to spend it in drug money

Your federal income tax withholding, 401(k) deferrals, and insurance premiums have nothing to do with paying unemployment taxes.

Your employer pays the unemployment taxes.

I need am itemized list.
well section 8 takes care of housing.

they probably charge 100 bucks in rent a month.

they receive cash aid, which is how they can afford the rent.

depending on how many kids they have, they can collect a nice lil sum.

they also receive WIC or  EBT cards for food and whanot, that leave extra money for ciroc shots.

they probably have an obama phone too...yup people get cell phones from the government.

also medicaid that pays for them plan b pills and trips to planned parenthood.

they also receive WIC or  EBT cards for food and whanot, that leave extra money for ciroc shots.

they probably have an obama phone too...yup people get cell phones from the government.

Not sure why folk call them Obama phones when that program was started by Dubya. The phone program was started by Reagan in the 80s and is not funded by tax revenue. But, Fox News.

But yes, if you want to have a bunch of kids and live in poverty, you, too, can live off of government assistance.

Last edited:

Not sure why folk call them Obama phones when that program was started by Dubya. The phone program was started by Reagan in the 80s and is not funded by tax revenue. But, Fox News.

But yes, if you want to have a bunch of kids and live in poverty, you, too, can live off of government assistance.
Maybe because the cost of the program has nearly tripled under Obama.
[h1]Obama Phone Program Costs Govt. Over $2 Billion[/h1]
 Nearly half of the 6 million people who received free cellphones and communications services through the government-funded Lifeline program last year apparently were ineligible or did not respond to certification requests, a new report shows.
Payouts for the program increased from $819 million in 2008, after wireless carriers persuaded regulators to let them offer the service
By my math, that's over $300/mo. it's costing consumers to subsidize the program.

So I have a part time job where I do about 28 hrs a week. I work off tips so I only get 5/hr ..

I just got another job, its on call, 15/hr .. I've worked 24 hours in a week but ive also not worked at all..Would i qualify :nerd:

ive been there about a month and a half.. live in MA

Last edited:

so how much welfare per kid are we talking?

so how much welfare per kid are we talking?
I knew a few girls on section 8 paying $12-16 a month for rent and getting utility bill vouchers. they had +4 kids so ebt/snap benefits was damn near a rack a month. you put child support with that and finding  job was never a priority 
mean.gif

Last edited:
you work for your family?

Naw... You work for the rich man... He compensates you so you can hand that over to the family.

Can someone explain how ratchets can live off welfare and stamps and 8?

I need am itemized list.

Lol, you can justify it all you want, I've unfortunately never have spoken to this rich man your referring to.

You ask my daughter and my mother who and why I work for.

currently living the unemployment life after being fired in July...i'm not "milking" it per say, but i have been enjoying my free time...i get to work on perfecting my craft...i'm still looking for a job, but unlike when i didn't have one before and wasn't receiving UI, i'm not just filling out applications anywhere, only jobs that actually interest me...still not getting call backs :smh:

UI really isn't enough to live off...i make enough to pay my rent, phone, and CC and not much else...and they always playin around...i'm supposed to be able to file online and get direct deposit, but i haven't been able to these past 2 weeks and it's impossible to get through to a rep on the phone...i'mma send my paper claim in tomorrow and hope i get paid by the 1st so i can pay my rent...

honestly, knowing that my last job is paying for it makes me feel better about it...they tried to lie on me and say that i quit n the first place, so that makes me want to run it til the end, but i need to get back on a regular schedule...ironically, sleeping all day can be tiring...

I remember when I had my hearing against my previous employer. Leading up to it I started sending requests for information via certified mail and emailing people in management and the HR department.

They didn't even show up. Won by default.

currently living the unemployment life after being fired in July...i'm not "milking" it per say, but i have been enjoying my free time...i get to work on perfecting my craft...i'm still looking for a job, but unlike when i didn't have one before and wasn't receiving UI, i'm not just filling out applications anywhere, only jobs that actually interest me...still not getting call backs :smh:

UI really isn't enough to live off...i make enough to pay my rent, phone, and CC and not much else...and they always playin around...i'm supposed to be able to file online and get direct deposit, but i haven't been able to these past 2 weeks and it's impossible to get through to a rep on the phone...i'mma send my paper claim in tomorrow and hope i get paid by the 1st so i can pay my rent...

honestly, knowing that my last job is paying for it makes me feel better about it...they tried to lie on me and say that i quit n the first place, so that makes me want to run it til the end, but i need to get back on a regular schedule...ironically, sleeping all day can be tiring...

I respect that your getting on your grind while your off but can you actually call this funemoloyment? I was on unemployment multiple times.

Free time is overrated when it's forced upon you.

I respect that your getting on your grind while your off but can you actually call this funemoloyment? I was on unemployment multiple times.

Free time is overrated when it's forced upon you.

i'd love to be back on a regular schedule with regular people, but i'm not gonna force myself into a job that i would hate again...hopefully something works out with one of the ventures i got going on...

there needs to be more accountability for the welfare recipients.
our tax dollars are paying for their drugs, brand name clothes, luxury car, a good portion of their rent as well, etc.

Back
Top Bottom