So...when did you fall out of your "sneaker collecting" phase?

I still cop kicks...don't get me wrong....but I'm nothing like my 01-05 yrs. I'd say now I only buy what I REALLY want...which are a few kicks ayear. Good to see the young kids are carrying the torch now...I'm an old man...even though nike/jb have been putting out trash/exploiting consumers.

December 2006, 2 months before I left my job at Finishline. The last pair of Js I ever bought were '06 Fire Reds. Since then I've just copped a couplepairs of Vans, and some white ups.

maybe for like one or two summers back in 03-04 i was in that phase but for the most part Ive always just bought what I like

About 3 weeks into college when I noticed I was wearing my New Balance 992s almost everyday.. Right now, it takes A LOT for me to buy a new pair.

Im like you. I only buy what I like and I wear ALL my kicks. Now Im just trying to find and buy older retro's.

This year (jordan wise) I've only bought 3 packs, 1 pair of the strap high top 1's, and some OG last shot XIV's. Im only waiting on the 11/12 pack.

Senior Year of high school. I was only a sneaker fiend for like one year (junior year) then i quickly realized that i no longer had the funds to keep buyingshoes so i just stopped

I started collecting in '02 and i stopped after I got the black toe structures. There was a period in '06 where I wasn't buying anything and Ithought I was done then but then Nike started bringing back some OG's so I came back in.

Right now I'd say i'm finished with the whole sneaker culture phase of my life. I only really rock timberlands and air max 90's right now.

I went from having 120+ pairs of sneakers to just 25.

I'd like to say after the 2nd year of college. Good thing too because the resell point was pretty much at its peak back then, lol. I now wear 6 pairs ofsneakers in the rotation. Black, red, blue pairs of low top Chucks and black, red, blue pairs of high top Dunks for the cold rainy days.

After my first year of university..So 2006 @%*. Couldn't do the urban street wear and didn't care for limited ediiton anythings. LRG died around thattime and my care for that kinda clothing ended.

Its not like I was ever a loser lining up for shoes in the morning but like rwfanatic said, it was great having a nice rotation of shoes during high school..

After my junior year...other things were more important and I wanted to switch up my style

I bought the Mars IV, back in Nov. 07. I'll probably start collecting again when I build enough cash

never really went through a sneaker collecting phase.

im just a guy who really like his shoes.

i just started playing basketball again within the year after about a 2 year absence. shoes and basketball pretty much go hand in hand. ive found myself buyingmore these days than ever before. only nike basketball though.

im done w/ my jordan phase. before the motorsports and aqua retro i havent copped a pair of jordan in years. lost its priority.

once i go to university come september ill probably put the whole shoe thing on hold.

I was always the type to cop kicks to WEAR them. Like I rather get a pair of 95s for $120 that I could rock a lot and crush easy then some exclusive SBs or some rare OGs. And my bread just don't stack tothe point where it would even make sense to cop pairs and keep them in the closet.

By the time you my age (20), you realize how unimportant kicks are in the scheme of things. Example: instead of spending $250on ONE pair of sneakers which are gona most likely be appreciated solely by men, you could use that money to go bowling, movies, take some shorties out, go todinner, pay for a cab, cop some bottles, cheif, party, get wifey that pearl necklace lol whatever. It just puts everything in perspective for me when I thinkof things like that.

Probably within the last year or two...though it probably has to do with a lack of money than actual desire.

Originally Posted by zona0924

I was always the type to cop kicks to WEAR them. Like I rather get a pair of 95s for $120 that I could rock a lot and crush easy then some exclusive SBs or some rare OGs. And my bread just don't stack to the point where it would even make sense to cop pairs and keep them in the closet.

By the time you my age (20), you realize how unimportant kicks are in the scheme of things. Example: instead of spending $250 on ONE pair of sneakers which are gona most likely be appreciated solely by men, you could use that money to go bowling, movies, take some shorties out, go to dinner, pay for a cab, cop some bottles, cheif, party, get wifey that pearl necklace lol whatever. It just puts everything in perspective for me when I think of things like that.

I agree with this statement family....... I grew out of this phase about 4 months ago

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

I was never a "collector" I just like having a nice rotation of shoes to wear.
Yup, me too. A very nice rotation....I have about 40 pairs of shoes, but I still have shoes that I bought when I was in the 11th grade[2003-2004]. I keep my shoes in good shape, but I'm not anal about them, I wear them with the intent not to %$%+ 'em up.

I stopped buyin' as much last year tho. This year I only bought the 10/13 pack, the 7's from the pack, Ferris Bueller SB's, Steel 10's, andBlack 10's. Nothin' spectacular.

When I stopped having money to buy them
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom