So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

I'll say when Nike and JB started dropping packs is when the hype escalated even though it's always been around. The Yeezys hype didn't help either. I say packs like the DMPs held lots of resell value and is when people began profiting off this petty game.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I indirectly Murked Megatron... FEELSGOODMAN.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^^ This.

Like many of you said, Nike was able to make "shoeheads" Nike-heads specifically. Adidas had a cool lil run of customized kicks (remember the JMJ's, day-glow, city series) that was overshadowed by the Nike hypebeast. I grew tired of all the sad SB/GR Dunk designs after Dunkles, they became not even worth mentioning. Finding GR's that look just like the ones people camp for.....EFF that.

I bought these HUFs because there's not too many cars are around with them spinnin' rims....still. I dont want to be the guy with "Sprewells" next to spinning hubcaps; makes my rims wack (the "game" weak) because of those knock offs.

JB and Nike are still doing a good job of varying older versions, but some designs seems to be a turn for the worse.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

theres a reason why you don't have an HOH

they spent thousands on research.

I am going to have to disagree with you on that one. I am from Denver, CO. We have zero HOHs. And Denver is a huge city. We have a nice sneaker following. They even closed down Nike Town Denver in favor of an H&M. I mean some should throw us a bone.

Now I live in Charleston, SC. A huge tourist city with high traffic. Makes no sense not to have one here.
Nice sneaker following =/= revenue, I'm pretty sure Nike was losing alot more than they were making in Denver. The intent of Niketown was to target the fashion capitols across the world, I can't recall ever hearing anyone say "Thats what they're wearing in Charleston now, I gotta get one". 

I agree with Steezy, Nike is trolling it's younger consumers and I have no doubt that they know they aren't as bright despite better technological tools in our world that are supposed to aid us and make us smarter. Think about this, they are maximizing their profit even more with retros, quickstrikes etc. by increasing the price while making them with cheaper materials in addition to not spending any advertising dollars to actually get you to pay attention. I also find it amazing that people now are standing in line for a shoe that they don't even know the name of.  Also, don't y'all find it ironic that being a sneaker fiend used to mean searching various spots for shoes to have an obscure (now known as exclusive) shoe? Now, Nike got hip to that, cut out the search, made them limited and jacked up the price.That being said no more shoes for me.

The best way to beat Nike is diversify your Purchases and chastise them for poor quality .Show them that your willing to leave them if the quality is bad.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

The best way to beat Nike is diversify your Purchases and chastise them for poor quality .Show them that your willing to leave them if the quality is bad.

^ Or just stop buying any Nike product whatsoever. I see people complain all the time, but they don't stand by their frustration and withold their purchasing power. Like I said in another thread here, our voices are heard in their bottom line, not NT message boards.

Taj gibson wrote:
jhobson5 wrote:
ThunderChunk69 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

theres a reason why you don't have an HOHthey spent thousands on research.

I am going to have to disagree with you on that one. I am from Denver, CO. We have zero HOHs. And Denver is a huge city. We have a nice sneaker following. They even closed down Nike Town Denver in favor of an H&M. I mean some should throw us a bone.

Now I live in Charleston, SC. A huge tourist city with high traffic. Makes no sense not to have one here.
Nice sneaker following =/= revenue, I'm pretty sure Nike was losing alot more than they were making in Denver. The intent of Niketown was to target the fashion capitols across the world, I can't recall ever hearing anyone say "Thats what they're wearing in Charleston now, I gotta get one". 

I understand what you are saying. But for a release like this Nike was going to make revenue regardless. Charleston never had a NT but I think if they did it would be a big thing here. I mean we have all the major luxury stores here Gucci, LV, all those brands. So we do have some fashion since here. Yes those stores are more for the tourist which Charleston has a lot of but why not capitalize on it like these other stores are. In addition some the DMV has like 4 HOHs within like a 20 mile radius. I mean come on

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

I don't understand the contempt and disdain for these kids standing in line for these kicks. We all value certain things more than others. Personally, I don't agree with it but I'm sure they disagree with some of the things that I value. Different strokes for different folks.

And Nike makes a volitional choice to relinquish sales figures by limiting a shoe to build brand loyalty and marketing. Nike is a company that understands long term brand impact takes precedence over short term gains.

you make alot of sense with your view on Nike, but how much more brand loyalty they want to build, this company has been around what? 30+ years??...they have different clientele, they approach different age groups, how much bigger can this company get, what about making these releases so limited, causing such havok and making people go crazy over them benefits them so much?....specially when the people actually going through the hassle and acquitring these are not about loyalty, but about flippin them in the reseller's market....
Because it's not so much a "game" to us as it is to them in all sense of the word. I swear, these dudes have such a crack PR team, they must've come from the school of Edward Bernays. That's where most of their money is spent, because obviously the amount of outsourcing they do is more than enough to make them huge profits alone, even if their shoes are half the prices listed now...but they gotta pay their PR people somehow. In light of this event in FL, I'm sure they're all sitting back looking like

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

This is the same reason I wear a pair of beat-up vans day-in, day-out now.  I'm cool on being a consumer slave, standing in line for  apiece of exclusivity that isn't going to make my life any better.  A lot of y'all need to reevaluate your lives if you really care about a shoe this much.  No man should ever care that much for a piece of clothing, that ain't masculine b. 

because these clowns don't have lives
in their head they step out thinking they are fly as hell in their Foams when the normal consumer looks at their feet and 
roll.gif
at them
If you're wearing something because you care about other's input, you're doing it wrong.

Its business. Get over it. At the end of the day its always going to be about that money. I am never going to blame Nike for how they conduct THEIR business or how they are ruining the "game." They're in it to make money, and they are doing it exceptionally well.

Every person in here whining about them will be trying to cop the next big release so I don't see why you are even trying to front.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Every person in here whining about them will be trying to cop the next big release so I don't see why you are even trying to front.

oh really?

2009 Space Jam release.
It's pretty damn annoying how nowadays you can't even buy a pair of shoes you like anytime other than the release day. The days of going to FL during the weeks after the release, after class/work and finding multiple pairs still there for sale are gone. If you want the shoes,you're either gonna have to camp out for them or you're gonna have to pay an absurd price for them online. It's a damn shame what all the hype has done. Actual people who want and are gonna wear a shoe can't even get them because some scumbag re-sellers are already camping out waiting to buy multiple pairs of something they don't even like just to flip on ebay 
indifferent.gif
. The Galaxys are prob my fav pair of Foams ever. I'm absolutely obsessed with space, galaxy's,gas formations so I obviously wanted a pair but then I saw that Nike decided to make them limited and decided to just say +*$! it. No way in hell am I gonna camp out outside a store in this Winter weather for a pair of shoes but sadly that's the only chance to get them for retail price. It seems that it's only been getting worse. I thought that nothing would top the Concord release this past December in terms of hype and hysteria but these foams surpassed it and I'm sure the Yeezy 2's are gonna be even more hyped than them. All this hype coming from kids seeing their fav rapper wearing a shoe and immediately wanting it to mimic them to have "swag" and spreading the news of a shoe around the internet and it gains steam and for some insane reason,Nike or whatever company, decides to only sell a limited amount of a shoe they know the public wants. 

Coming from a strategic stand point it makes no sense why they make these shoes limited. They see how much people are willing to drop for the shoes and how many people want them so the logical move would be to mass produce and make them a general release. They'd get to make more money and everyone that wants the shoes would get them, Unfortunately they don't but they're going to learn their lesson soon enough. One day there's going to be something bad that'll happen at one of these releases. People might get hurt,injured or even killed in the stampedes for the shoes and people might get robbed and this will finally bring attention to the issue and show the dark side of the "sneaker game" and these companies are finally going to have pressure on them to stop risking peoples lives by releasing limited numbers of a shoe that everyone wants. 

It's sad that our society has gotten so materialistic that a persons life isn't even worth more than a pair of shoes but it's the reality now and these companies are going to have to change their rules because of it to avoid tragedy.

One big 
30t6p3b.gif
 @ how things have become

So the problem is that people in this thread are confused. The majority of people aren't camping out for the sneaker, they're camping out for the $ that they can make off of the sneaker

I think that Nelly AF1 song contributed to putting the average consumer onto sneakers. I live in the Orlando area, and there was no "game" here until about 04-05. Ive been buying sneakers here since 1996. OGs XII and up, 2000 Vs and VIs, 00-01 XIs, 02 VIIs, 03 Cements, etc, and I never saw a line until the Olympic VII in 2004, even then it was only about 5-6 people.

It used to be, get there around 10 when the mall opened, pick a store, ask for your size, try them on/check them out, pay, go home. EVERYTIME. 12/13/2000, I was the only person there for the Space Jams...

Back
Top Bottom