So who's wallets are feeling the burn from all these releases?

January- Chicago 10
February - 2 pairs of White Cements
March - I'm chllin
April - Playoffs
May- I'm chill in
June - Military Blues
July - Olympics (both)

planning to just cop the playoffs and beat the hell out of them and call it quits. im already starting sell my js.

the first half of the year is free for me.  i got my hands on a bunch of concords and flipped em.  i thik i am still going to spend like a grand by the end of the year. 

As much as I want to get every release, I thought of different things if every shoes are really worth it.

Money isn't really a big issue for me,but I don't want my money to go JB every release.

They don't make it like they used to be.

Let's see I've copped

white/cement 4
Chi 10
white /red low 11
playoff 12's
olympic 6
white /red 14

that's close to $1,000 over a little over . just guestimating.

i wouldn't say my pockets are hurting . I'm a adult who makes a pretty good living but I am very aware of how much I'm spending . My thing is where are all these "kids" getting this money from ?

Let's see I've copped
white/cement 4
Chi 10
white /red low 11
playoff 12's
olympic 6
white /red 14
that's close to $1,000 over a little over . just guestimating.
i wouldn't say my pockets are hurting . I'm a adult who makes a pretty good living but I am very aware of how much I'm spending . My thing is where are all these "kids" getting this money from ?

I'm sure some of them work, most of them mommy and daddy....

So far I've only copped the Oly 6s & 7s. Debating about the Red 4s now since the black 4s drop in November. May cop the Raptor 7s and chill until November. I don't have to cop ever J that drop just the ones I personally like.

Well lets see. The Fireberry Lebron 9s and the Fire Red IVs come out this weekend. I can only afford one since I am getting another tattoo soon. That means I have to decide which will have the highest resell value so I can cop those and grab the other one as cheap as possible down the line.

Hell I won't really have any extendible income till october and I also want to grab the GMP VIs pack split off ebay, which will probably end up costing as much as the pack, but I won't have the money in time for the pack.

This is after grabbing all the IVs this year, the Olympic VIs, passing on the Oly VIIs, and needing to pick up the Oly AF180s at resell price off eBay.....

As you can see I have a lot of decisions to make as I can only afford 3 of those shoes listed above assuming resell prices aren't crazy.

And to think I thought I would have breathing room to pick up the IIIs that I wanted but couldn't afford cuz my phone broke. (TB and BC) But they steady raping dudes with the prices on those on eBay.

Nike can eat a ****, because since 2010 this has been ridiculous.
EDIT: and I just got reminded the Obsidian 7s are coming out this weekend too.... :smh:

Last edited:
I don't have to cop ever J that drop just the ones I personally like.

Same, but the IVs, Vs, and VIs are my favorites plus I don't only cop Js. So it has been rough for me since 2010. And I have only recently been able to afford shoes again. Missed out on so many releases in 2010 and 2011 that I simply can't pay resell prices for on eBay

And even tho they managed to only have 1 "confirmed" V that I like and want to cop next year, they are managing to bust out the only two VIIIs that I like, and a few 1s that I like too :smh:

So I have to grab em, as they won't be out for another decade. Half decade at the very least

Last edited:
Dont go broke over shoes, If you miss a release, on to the next. JB is putting out some good stuff but make sure your baby got pampers and your rent is paid. I know alot of you guys that stay at yo mama's house with the little part time job can snag every release then thats cool! But if your like me, a grown *** man with Rent, Electricity, Water, Child care, Gas, Food, Car note, Court Fee lol! ect. Then you have to make some decisions. Fortunally for me I've only had to pass because I wanted to, not because I had to. I did miss the pippens because I wanted the Oly 6's , couldnt afford both. I also passed on the Oly 7's because I'm not a fan of the CW. Still of the fence for the FR IV's. Dont sweat it man! We know resellers are making it where you cant go to the mall and cop even 3 days later so if you have to pay resell prices, please dont get raped! Research! Research!

Dont go broke over shoes, If you miss a release, on to the next. JB is putting out some good stuff but make sure your baby got pampers and your rent is paid. I know alot of you guys that stay at yo mama's house with the little part time job can snag every release then thats cool! But if your like me, a grown *** man with Rent, Electricity, Water, Child care, Gas, Food, Car note, Court Fee lol! ect. Then you have to make some decisions. Fortunally for me I've only had to pass because I wanted to, not because I had to. I did miss the pippens because I wanted the Oly 6's , couldnt afford both. I also passed on the Oly 7's because I'm not a fan of the CW. Still of the fence for the FR IV's. Dont sweat it man! We know resellers are making it where you cant go to the mall and cop even 3 days later so if you have to pay resell prices, please dont get raped! Research! Research!
That made me :lol:

Last edited:
That made me :lol:

Hopefully you wouldn't need to tell anybody this but good info for you youngb's out there .

These past couple of months, yes. But after tomorrow, I am done until the XIs in December. Thank god, I need a break.

From Jan-present kind of but as of today I am passing on everything(except for Fire Red 4s) until Nov/Black Friday.

My pockets will be gonorrhea free :D

Last edited:
Hopefully you wouldn't need to tell anybody this but good info for you youngb's out there .
I actually found just the pamper comment amusing. The rest of your post was dead on. Its easy to fall in the trap of buying every release and being poor especially now a days since jordan is dropping every single retro ever.....

^I don't mind being broke, cuz that's the condition I grew up in. I've really only been fortunate to buy more than 2 shoes a year since late 07.

Last edited:
ive only wanted the KOs which i got both and i want the Speed turf (miami colorway) and im good until the black blue 1s next year so i have plenty of time to save up, now ebay gets my money with older releases but im not buying this new JB quality garbabge

Back
Top Bottom