So who's wallets are feeling the burn from all these releases?

Are you guys really going crazy over these wack a**, horribly made J's? The only decent quality releases so far this year have been the cement 4s and the playoffs. The only decent quality release left is the bred 11's. If you spent more than a G on all new releases (including other lines and brands) this year, you're a hypebeast plain and simple.

thats the mind set that will haunt you for the rest of your life :smh:
How so? I am taking my CPA exam soon and thoroughly looking for an accounting job. The position I am looking for pays 53-56 starting. And I am pretty close to starting my a good career. I am just saying, being broke is not the worst thing that could happen to me

Last edited:
Are you guys really going crazy over these wack a**, horribly made J's? The only decent quality releases so far this year have been the cement 4s and the playoffs. The only decent quality release left is the bred 11's. If you spent more than a G on all new releases (including other lines and brands) this year, you're a hypebeast plain and simple.
I am a beast because I want to grab the shoes I couldn't get as a child :stoneface: okay. And like I said I don't get all the kicks I want. Not even half. I am fine with missing out on shoes. I just try to grab the ones I REALLY want.

Besides hypebeast is such an overused word, when I get called that im just like

Last edited:
And now that I calculated my pickups I would be at $800 after this Saturday and as much as I want to grab at least another pair by before black friday, it may not happen. So i guess that doesn't even apply to me. But if it does I could end up spending 2 stacks on kicks this year. Dont care about your definition of a hypebeast

Last edited:
Exactly ^^^^ These J's this year are horrible. I refuse to spend money on them
Then you might as well stop wearing Js altogether, they all suck compared to the OGs. Back then Nike was doing whatever it could to make the shoes flawless as Jordan was their ticket out of bankruptcy and to become a major player in the industry. Now they are on top and will never try to appeal to anyone.

How so? I am taking my CPA exam soon and thoroughly looking for an accounting job. The position I am looking for pays 53-56 starting. And I am pretty close to starting my a good career. I am just saying, being broke is not the worst thing that could happen to me

Good luck on that exam, and getting the job bro.

I'm starting to get older (and wiser) to the point where I got other things that I'd rather spend my money on than sneakers (golf, clothes, etc). I'll pretty much go on random splurges where I'll buy a pair a week. But other than that, I almost never buy new releases unless I really want them and I'll regret not getting them later down the line. 

My wallet is definitely feeling it. I just came back to the scene 2 months ago and already copped 7 pairs of sneakers. I'm trying to keep up with the current releases and catch up with the ones I missed. Been trying to get the releases I missed last year. Just grabbed a set of DS Bords (grails) for $250. I missed out on so much heat. :\

Cement III's!! Need both black and white pairs. :nerd:

This year had me splurging and looks like 2013 will do the same. But not splurging to the point where I can't pay bills or eat.

I thought accountants can manage their finances correctly, no?

^ yah but the job i have right now pays $600 a month and gives me a tuition waiver. It is technically supposed to be 20 hours a week, but few weeks have me working more than 5 :lol:

Until i get my accounting job im pretty broke.

The releases this year have definitely put a dent in my wallet. JB has really released a lot of the heat in 2012. I haven't bought every release but definitely more than half. So far this year, i've picked up Chicago X, Playoff XII, Obisidian XII, Cavs IV, AJ KO (both pairs), XI Low, Olympics VI and Fire Red IV. I would have gotten the White Cement IV too but I struck out on those.

This doesn't even include the couple of Kobe, KD and Lebron's I've bought this year. Luckily for me, after the Fire Red IV's, I can go on a little break until the Black/Red IV come out.

More of an all out collapse. The company is dropping what we want though , can 't win

Next year is supposed to be close to how good this year was. 5s, 1s, 17s, 8s, etc. if we went broke this year, next year is going to be the end of my funds lol

All I've bought in terms of new releases this year have been the White Cement 4s and Playoff 12s, absolutely couldn't pass on those but most everything else I already had or didn't want to deal with. I'll probably go back and pick up the Military 4s and Olympic 6s but its no pressure.

yeah man, tryna keep up wit these student loans then find some dough for these releases been crazy. luckily they been having limited availability and i haven't been able to grab some pairs due to no sizes. i knew i shouldn't have been spending that money anyway

i have been spending ridiculous amounts on these new releases and sometimes i regret it but then i wear my shoes and im like :nthat:

i have been spending ridiculous amounts on these new releases and sometimes i regret it but then i wear my shoes and im like
nthat.gif
I feel the same way.  I've been copping two of each for the past few releases, and paying the price of the shoe + CA sales tax + shipping it comes out to about $180 per pair.  It adds up quick!

^I don't mind being broke, cuz that's the condition I grew up in. I've really only been fortunate to buy more than 2 shoes a year since late 07.
wow....if you dont mind being broke, you have never really been broke before... theres a big difference between "not having a lot of money" and being "broke"..

wow....if you dont mind being broke, you have never really been broke before... theres a big difference between "not having a lot of money" and being "broke"..
That's why broke people stay broke. Instead buying the stuff they need. They rather buy the unnecessary material stuff

College kids blowing away their financial aids and student loan for jordan, foam, etc.

Back
Top Bottom