So, why is GM big oversized SUV’s so darn expensive?

The issues I have had with my Tahoe are largely superficial, but still issues.

Things like the rubber seal around my sunroof coming apart and having to be replaced or the LCD screen in the dash cutting in and out. Mostly little things that are annoying, but make it seem cheap. My current issue is with the paint. I take care of it and wash/wax regularly, but my clear coat is gone and the paint looks 15 years old. When I called GM to talk about solutions, they said this has been a common problem on 2015-2020 Tahoe’s and Suburbans. The other day I hit the button to bring my side view mirrors in and a piece of paint the size of a quarter chipped off of the mirror when it moved. My vehicle is a 2016 with 55k miles. These things shouldn’t be happening. Just feels cheap.
Sounds exactly like my the condition of my sis Tahoe. Could've sworn it looked brand new last I saw it a couple years ago. Saw it on July 4th weekend and that thing was falling apart everywhere.

The issues I have had with my Tahoe are largely superficial, but still issues.

Things like the rubber seal around my sunroof coming apart and having to be replaced or the LCD screen in the dash cutting in and out. Mostly little things that are annoying, but make it seem cheap. My current issue is with the paint. I take care of it and wash/wax regularly, but my clear coat is gone and the paint looks 15 years old. When I called GM to talk about solutions, they said this has been a common problem on 2015-2020 Tahoe’s and Suburbans. The other day I hit the button to bring my side view mirrors in and a piece of paint the size of a quarter chipped off of the mirror when it moved. My vehicle is a 2016 with 55k miles. These things shouldn’t be happening. Just feels cheap.

Talk to them fam. Same miles the impala had when stuff started breaking. The real kicker is GM DGAF... my infiniti, my dodge, etc.... the service ppl were a dream. Hey bruh hes ur rental while we make this right. My G was lowered on racing springs and they fixed the wheel hub assembly faulty bearings on all 4 wheels no questions asked in 2-3 hrs. I called a Chevy the first time fore something at like 38k miles... they told me the warranty was 36k miles for the issue tough ****.

For my next SUV I want either a Land Cruiser or a G-Wagon. They have to redesign the Land Cruiser though. Right now they look too much like a beefed up Sequioa. With the trend of retro styling, maybe the next gen will be a throwback. Have thought about grabbing a 90’s Land Cruiser and restoring it, but I just don’t think I could live with the old interior.
I love the FJ80 series but ppl are taxing on them crazily over the past yr or two. $13k for 300k miles :rofl: I've seen this one guy on ebay europen-cars i think his name is, just buying old ones on craigslist and listing them for $18000 on ebay smh. 100 series you can still get a decent deal on since theyre still seen as an old soccer mom car.

Talk to them fam. Same miles the impala had when stuff started breaking. The real kicker is GM DGAF... my infiniti, my dodge, etc.... the service ppl were a dream. Hey bruh hes ur rental while we make this right. My G was lowered on racing springs and they fixed the wheel hub assembly faulty bearings on all 4 wheels no questions asked in 2-3 hrs. I called a Chevy the first time fore something at like 38k miles... they told me the warranty was 36k miles for the issue tough ****.

I know I’ll get it taken care of, but it’s going to take some complaining. My friends own the dealership, but I don’t like playing that card unless it’s my last option.

A few years ago I was having issues with one of my lights. Service department told me they could replace, then the guy told me he talked to his boss and they couldn’t do it. We kept going and he told me the owner would fire him if he replaced it for free. I told him I’d call the owner right now so he could tell him to do it. He didn’t believe me so I called him. Got my light replaced for free that day.

Back
Top Bottom