So why is Natalee Holloway such a big deal?

I never understood it. I figured she was somehow famous in another way but she isn't. She's just your average loose blonde who got too drunk, went home with a bunch of dudes(choo choooo), and is now dead. RIP to her but why has this been on the news for so long? 

I never understood it. I figured she was somehow famous in another way but she isn't. She's just your average loose blonde who got too drunk, went home with a bunch of dudes(choo choooo), and is now dead. RIP to her but why has this been on the news for so long? 

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ missing white woman syndrome

I was going to say because she's a pretty white girl...

But I can't believe that that Wiki page is for real
roll.gif

I was going to say because she's a pretty white girl...

But I can't believe that that Wiki page is for real
roll.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome#cite_note-4
While the disappearance of Laci Peterson (see list below) became a huge news story, a pregnant black woman named LaToyia Figueroa disappeared from Philadelphia at around the same time and attracted no national attention, despite efforts by her family to enlist the media to help find her. (Figueroa was later found murdered.)[sup][6][/sup] Some observers also saw contrasts between the attention received by Peterson and Evelyn Hernandez who was nine months pregnant when she disappeared in 2002.[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup]

Wow...never knew about this...
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome#cite_note-4
While the disappearance of Laci Peterson (see list below) became a huge news story, a pregnant black woman named LaToyia Figueroa disappeared from Philadelphia at around the same time and attracted no national attention, despite efforts by her family to enlist the media to help find her. (Figueroa was later found murdered.)[sup][6][/sup] Some observers also saw contrasts between the attention received by Peterson and Evelyn Hernandez who was nine months pregnant when she disappeared in 2002.[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup]

Wow...never knew about this...
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

moonmaster3 wrote:

truth. 
I get mad every time I see this story. C'mon, how many years has it been?

moonmaster3 wrote:

truth. 

Originally Posted by MaxSwoosh713

moonmaster3 wrote:

truth. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MaxSwoosh713

moonmaster3 wrote:

truth. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

Missing_white_woman_syndrome

roll.gif

it is true though. Cute white girls are targets for rapists.

all types of women are targeted by rapists and/or murderers...just young white women get more media attention...

my freshmen year of school some girl went missing w/in the first month and my mom back home heard about it before i did it was that big of a deal...i lil 8 year old black girl went missing at the same time in the same city i go to school in and i'm still not sure what happened w/her...i want to say they found her alive but i might be confusing that w/a case in Philly

Back
Top Bottom