So, ya boy is an official NIKE EMPLOYEE! What to expect? Swoosh acct!?

What's good, fellow NT'ers? Been a while since I last made a thread ('06 I think?) but due to recent events I think it's appropriate.
OFFICIALLY ON NIKE'S PAYROLL! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just wanted to gather tips for starters from anyone who's been around the business for a while.

I don't work for corporate or anything like that. Just an athlete position at the local outlet (2nd job, 18.5 units this semester) but nonetheless, I'm juiced. This is a top-rated store and I'm def. gonna try and work my way up.
Orientation is next Monday.

My main question is Swoosh.com
What goes on it? How much are discounts? Anything I should/shouldn't do?

Any advice on any subject is much appreciated so thanks fam.
happy.gif

Expect the normal *%#!#%*% that goes along with the job u will also end up feeling like shoes ain't that big of a deal since u will see first hand the business aspect of it. At least that's what happened to me I actually got less shoes when I worked for Nike then before I was an employee. U get 40% off at Nike stores/niketowns and 30% at outlets u can get the phone number for the employee store that does phone orders hit me if u want it u can also use nikefind a database that tells u where any shoe that is still in stock in there system where it is like there are a FEW concords still in the database as well as cool Greys lol. Besides that just enjoy it

Congrats. Nike jobs are hard to come by.
Just don't mess up like selling swoosh invites.

congrats
pimp.gif

Don't do anything stupid or grimey and you'll be alright.

Don't be like that scamming NTer who got kicked out of Nike too.

You dudes ain't getting jack squat from me unless a deal comes my way.
laugh.gif

Anyone know what's on Swoosh though? I'm all hyped up for it but I'll be disappointed if it's all trash on there.

LaunchPadMcQuack wrote:

Expect the normal *%#!#%*% that goes along with the job u will also end up feeling like shoes ain't that big of a deal since u will see first hand the business aspect of it. At least that's what happened to me I actually got less shoes when I worked for Nike then before I was an employee. U get 40% off at Nike stores/niketowns and 30% at outlets u can get the phone number for the employee store that does phone orders hit me if u want it u can also use nikefind a database that tells u where any shoe that is still in stock in there system where it is like there are a FEW concords still in the database as well as cool Greys lol. Besides that just enjoy it
Good look on the tips man. I'm more into performance shoes right now rather than retros since I ball regularly, but hopefully kicks for every day wear will grow on me because of discounts.
I'll hit you up for the NES # in a bit.
Midnight Hype wrote:

Congrats, how did you get the job?
 I just scoped out their usual hiring times, sent in an application and called them 2 weeks later for an interview at the right time, then called me back a day later.

^That's the boring story. HERE'S THE REAL S***!! 
These 2 random #%$%!! walked up to me at school trynna play dumb and cute while I was playing Magic The Gathering with some of my nerd homeboys.

Yea that's some geeky %#%@ but I like feeling out of my element sometimes.

Check this. One of 'em was a hot one; Caucasian, dressed nice, well done up. The other one was.. hella round and not my cup of tea. Guess which one worked for Nike? 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

So my friends are just sitting there laughing it up because that one HAPPENS to show more interest, while I'm bustin' my a** off trying to network since she mentioned she worked there.
roll.gif

Nonetheless, I succeeded and she put in a good word for me then boom, got hired.

Now I'm the butt of every joke saying she gon' rape me in the stockroom.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
sick.gif

One of my boys plays magic the gathering on xbox we clown him all the time
laugh.gif
congrats though my mans
pimp.gif

NOW SWING THAT SWOOSH INVITE @$#@!%%^$@

Back