So your starting a record label...

Let's say your the head executive at a new record label. You have to sign two artists that will help you establish your brand. You get to chose from this group:

Rapper A, has a straight to the point with no regard for your feelings approach to his music. Has a knack for making club tracks/street anthems. The buzz surrounding him is growing by the day, but you question his longevity.

Rapper B, is the everyday type of dude. You can relate to him, almost as if you yourself wrote the song. The buzz surrounding him isn't as extreme as Rapper A, but his fan base is solid.

Songstress A. Charismatic and youthful. Average vocal ability, average songwriting ability, great performer. Her buzz is equivalent to Rapper A.

Songstress B. Socially aware and secure with who she is as a person/artist. Great vocal ability, great songwriting ability, average performer. Her buzz is equivalent to Rapper B.

I'm sure this topic has been done plenty of times, but it's interesting to hear what ya'll think when it comes to this type of thing.

Originally Posted by that WAVE

I'll take rapper B and singer A

My exact thoughts, I need someone to bring in some chop
laugh.gif

Rapper A Singer B...cake off rapper A for the short term...build a lasting following wit songstress B...somebody from another label can create a better A easily

Rapper B + Songstress B

I wouldn't expect a multi millionaire type Label, but as long as it's stable.

Back
Top Bottom