SoCal Food/Grub Thread

Had Milk for the first time.

That Thai tea ice cream sandwich was something else.

And also ate at Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong. Arguably the best Korean BBQ I've ever had.

Wassup SOCAL!!! just moved here from the bay area 3 weeks ago

I will be looking through the thread but does anyone have any good taquerias recommendations?

Willing to travel to any place :lol:...I'm staying in Alhambra

Wassup SOCAL!!! just moved here from the bay area 3 weeks ago

I will be looking through the thread but does anyone have any good taquerias recommendations?

Willing to travel to any place :lol:...I'm staying in Alhambra

These are all in Los Angeles
Compitas- TJ style tacos. Bomb
Taurino/ King Taco- nice lemony carne Asada. Food is OK but the SAUCE IS FIRE!!! Best I've had
El Parrian- Huge Tacos and bomb Birria. You can quote me on Bomb Birria

I also just moved here from the bay a few months ago, and I was wondering what are some must eat restaurants/foods in LA? So far, I've had things like AYCE Korean bbq, Roscoe's, King Taco, and a couple ramen joints. Any good  places you guys can recommend? 

I also just moved here from the bay a few months ago, and I was wondering what are some must eat restaurants/foods in LA? So far, I've had things like AYCE Korean bbq, Roscoe's, King Taco, and a couple ramen joints. Any good  places you guys can recommend? 

Start reading on page 1.

These are all in Los Angeles
Compitas- TJ style tacos. Bomb
Taurino/ King Taco- nice lemony carne Asada. Food is OK but the SAUCE IS FIRE!!! Best I've had
El Parrian- Huge Tacos and bomb Birria. You can quote me on Bomb Birria

That birria better be goat...the authentic way

chiva, you have to post the locations on your pics :lol:

also, we need these last W's to get some damn points on the board :smh:

That birria better be goat...the authentic way

chiva, you have to post the locations on your pics :lol:

also, we need these last W's to get some damn points on the board :smh:

The locations are on the descriptions of the picture. Click on the pictures, and it'll take you to my flickr account. I always have the name of the meal, name of the restaurant, and most of the time the address or intersections...

Can anyone recommend me a good place to eat around Staples Center? Preferably something cheap and in walking distance. I'm going to the game tomorrow and I'm not tryna pay for overpriced food inside Staples lol. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Can anyone recommend me a good place to eat around Staples Center? Preferably something cheap and in walking distance. I'm going to the game tomorrow and I'm not tryna pay for overpriced food inside Staples lol. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Lawry's Carvery doesn't have ridiculous prices and is fast. It's right across the street.

Lawry's Carvery doesn't have ridiculous prices and is fast. It's right across the street.
I'm pretty late but thanks for the recommendation. I just ended up going to Yard House lol, but there were a bunch of other cool places around.

BTW, does anyone know any good rooftop bars/lounges in LA that play good hip hop and aren't too expensive? I'll be having some friends visiting from out of town and they want to get that LA rooftop bar experience 

:pimp: those high res pics are always appreciated. Have to check that place out. BTW what you shooting with?

I'm pretty late but thanks for the recommendation. I just ended up going to Yard House lol, but there were a bunch of other cool places around.

BTW, does anyone know any good rooftop bars/lounges in LA that play good hip hop and aren't too expensive? I'll be having some friends visiting from out of town and they want to get that LA rooftop bar experience 

The Standard downtown. Nothing comes close

Yessir...

I'm sure you prob don't care what people think but when you first started taking pictures, did everyone look at you like "wtf is that guy doing ?" I take my camera everywhere and I'm slowly getting over that phase where I could care less what people think. I just wanted to see if I was the only one who felt like that at first.

I'm sure you prob don't care what people think but when you first started taking pictures, did everyone look at you like "wtf is that guy doing ?" I take my camera everywhere and I'm slowly getting over that phase where I could care less what people think. I just wanted to see if I was the only one who felt like that at first.

I carry my camera in my backpack, and pull it out whenever it's needed. I Don't really care what people think, if anything most are intrigued by what I'm doing, or why I'm doing what I'm doing. Some even ask. I'll tell you this much, if you're single and trying to talk to girls, it's a great ice breaker lol

Sometimes it gets weird whenever I'm trying to take a pic of what shoes I'm wearing. I guess that comes off as showing off or something. You eventually forget people are looking...

It be dope if more people posted in here more often. Anywho, last night's "dinner"... I got the hot dog, my girl got the burger. No lie, that hot dog was so good, my girl ended up eating almost both meals by herself... :smh:

LAX Burger by chiva1908, on Flickr

Downtown Dog by chiva1908, on Flickr

Hot Dog was wrapped in bacon and had grilled and caramelized onions :nthat:

And today:

Jicama by chiva1908, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom