Socal NURSES

any nurses in NT if so anybody know whose hiring new grads right now?? job market is wack right now if you're new to the scene :/

Whattup homie.

New grad here too, are you LVN or RN?

The scene is really scarce right now even for RNs, it always depends on who you know, blame the #!#$@%* recession.

Hit me up

I'm an rn and I just passed my nclex a couple months ago. Gah all the places I've applied either cancelled their new grad program or I have to waittill 2010! Screw that mess... Oh yeah I'm from the Los Angeles area. My only hope right now is Glendale memorial. If that don't pop off I think Ima dopsych, but I really want that medsurg/tele/icu exp so I could go from there. Where do u work and what unit do u work at brightnike?

my gf got hired at the ucla medical center but it's pending her passing her test next month

Originally Posted by rowbot626

I'm an rn and I just passed my nclex a couple months ago. Gah all the places I've applied either cancelled their new grad program or I have to wait till 2010! Screw that mess... Oh yeah I'm from the Los Angeles area. My only hope right now is Glendale memorial. If that don't pop off I think Ima do psych, but I really want that medsurg/tele/icu exp so I could go from there. Where do u work and what unit do u work at brightnike?

Apply at Cedars Sinai. They are always hiring.

it's the summer, so low census = hiring freeze. on top of that, the fiscal year has 50% of the hospital operating in the 'red'

but you should have no problem finding a job. apply on kaiser's website, post your resume, and you should hear from them. the hospital im working at rightnow has had 3-4 registries for the past week. maybe its due to the fact that much of the workforce depleted because of our pending sale these past 2 years andwe finally got sold...good luck.

Real talk, I need to know your experiences if you want to work at an outpatient surgery center

yeah man cedars was my first choice, but the thing is their next New Grad Program starts March 2010!! i couldnt even get a hook up and my gf and a couplefriends work there Frank i graduated Fall 08 my exp from school is gero, med-surg, adv med-surg, peds, ob, med-surg 3, tele, icu, ER, and my preceptorship wasat kaiser. My school had a major focus in Med-surg i think we had around 5 quarters of it. its not hard to get a job as a RN its just harder to find a jobbecause im a new grad RN with no actual RN work exp. i could easily get a clinic and psych job, but i want that big hospital exp haha, but i guess i have tosettle soon if things dont pop off bc time is $$$

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i came in here to say that i bet bright nikes is a nurse due to his flipness.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Got my RN-ADN @ 24, not bad
smokin.gif

I got a long way to go left in nursing school but I didn't know it was hard to get a job at hospitals I always hear and see of places hiring

^sup homie, what school are you going too?

One of the best advices I can give you, is when you start your clinicals - make connections!

Know everyone from the bottom to top, and once they're comfortable with you make sure you get it in their mind to help you out once you graduate. It neverhurts to know as many people as you can.

Like Sha77er said, plenty of facilities are in hiring freezes, which is not a good look.

Places who are hiring .. who would you rather hire a new grad or someone with expierence?

Its tough right now, !%+##!# recession, but things will settle down.

Goodluck.

i'm going to school at CSUSB yeah man i know after this 3rd quarter i can work as a student nurse and so many hospitals have put a freeze on that program.The catch was when i got into the nursing program i pretty much signed a contract to work for Riverside Community Hospital because of some deal they have withmy school, but now i find out past graduates aren't getting hired and having to wait for spots to clear up. So i don't know i got 7 more quarters to goso we'll see what happens hahaha. Oh and definitely i always talk to all the nurses and all the filipino nurses always come up to me and start talkin alltagalog and @+*+ im like thats cool haha. But ya thanks for the advice homie

Whattup rowbot, keep looking... I went through the same thing earlier this year.... Went from August 2008 through January 2009 to find a job. Let me know ifyou find something cuz I'm ready to get out of the hospital I'm in right now, haha.

avy check, but yea i live near henry mayo and they are hiring, im also in nursing school but for LVN, planning to go into Rn once i get some experience in thefield

update found a job and finished my orientation in a couple of weeks at a psych facility. not quite the nursing experience i was looking for, but so far itspretty good and better than doin' the "dirty" hospital stuff. however, ima still look out for a new grad program.

my gf has been applying everywhere she can, but she's also tellin me about the freezes and some not having new grad programs

It's nice to know that there are a handful of NT heads who know where the money is at. Haha!

I'm really curious.. How are the female nurses lookin' up north?
laugh.gif

I'm actually looking to move up in that direction when I have enough money saved up. San Diego will always be home, but I'm over living in the area andcould use a fresh breath of air.

I'm actually going to start school soon for Vocational Nursing in San Diego at Kaplan College and am well aware of our country's economic situation andeven for us aspiring to be nurses, jobs might not be as readily available for us like before.

I'll be starting school next month. I'm pretty stoked.. this will be a big experience for me. Any tips or advice for handling my business as a nurse?

I just graduated from high school this year (young cat, I know) but I already started occupational school down here in San Diego.

So far, my plan is to take a few certificate classes, Im taking MA right now and plan on taking CNA and Health Essentials after. After I get thosecertificates, I plan on going to community college to work on my Associates and transfer to a university to get that bachelors.

But I've also heard that you don't necessarily need to transfer to get your bachelors or it would take less then 2 years after community to get thatbach.

Is this true?

Originally Posted by jp since 88

It's nice to know that there are a handful of NT heads who know where the money is at. Haha!

laugh.gif

I'm actually looking to move up in that direction when I have enough money saved up. San Diego will always be home, but I'm over living in the area and could use a fresh breath of air.

I'm actually going to start school soon for Vocational Nursing in San Diego at Kaplan College and am well aware of our country's economic situation and even for us aspiring to be nurses, jobs might not be as readily available for us like before.

I'll be starting school next month. I'm pretty stoked.. this will be a big experience for me. Any tips or advice for handling my business as a nurse?

My advice is to try to get your EMT cert and work in the hospital as an ER tech so you can have some experience. Plus the experience you'll get in the ERis probably way better than a nurse thats just been in the medical floor their whole life. Trust me, when you get in that program and you carry thatexperience, you'll be way ahead than most students...CLINICALS WILL BE A BREEZE FOR YOU.

Originally Posted by TIMBSJFORCE1

Originally Posted by jp since 88

laugh.gif

I'm actually looking to move up in that direction when I have enough money saved up. San Diego will always be home, but I'm over living in the area and could use a fresh breath of air.

I'm actually going to start school soon for Vocational Nursing in San Diego at Kaplan College and am well aware of our country's economic situation and even for us aspiring to be nurses, jobs might not be as readily available for us like before.

My advice is to try to get your EMT cert and work in the hospital as an ER tech so you can have some experience. Plus the experience you'll get in the ER is probably way better than a nurse thats just been in the medical floor their whole life. Trust me, when you get in that program and you carry that experience, you'll be way ahead than most students...CLINICALS WILL BE A BREEZE FOR YOU.
I'll definitely take that into consideration. Thanks a lot for the advice breh.

Back
Top Bottom