SoCal Snowboarding New Season!

Yo went up to Mt High this morning. It was pretty epic. There was a break in the storm so for about 3-4 hours it was nothing but sunshie and powder. One ofthe funnest days at high ive had in a looong time.

Originally Posted by CityByTheSea

Bump.

Perfect weekend to hit up the slopes. Planning to head up to snow summit, however I'm scared my is300 won't make it up there. I've never driven up big bear while it's snowing, so im kinda nervous. Any tips?

your is will make it- why wouldnt it? just make sure you have chains on (which you could get at the wal mart) if snowing conditions require it

Damn, mad icy at Mt. High last night... A week before it was snowing... The most powder I've seen there ever...

I was up at Summit yesterday for an afternoon session. It wasn't bad. There was still good coverage everywhere.

Yeah today's weather killed it. It was over 80 degrees in downtown LA. I'm going to try to go up as many times as possible before the end of theseason.

just came back from Mammoth again this past sunday. coverage was amazing. I really think theyre going to stay open till july again this year. Its snowingall this week up there too. Gotta hit that up again before season ends. Oh yeah, come March 22nd , im flying up to Canada to ride Whistler/Blackcomb. Cantwait.

Just came back from hitting up snow valley... 2 lift tickets for 44 bucks on wednesday... Snow was coming down pretty good today too... It's gonna be abusy weekend... Not sure what I'm gonna hit up, but I'm for sure gonna be boarding this weekend...

Originally Posted by bright nikes

2 lift ticket for $44 at high? (all day passes?)

thats a good deal
Nah, Snow valley is 44... High is 54.... Both of them on Wednesday. Still a good deal though.

Originally Posted by Jeuce

just came back from Mammoth again this past sunday. coverage was amazing. I really think theyre going to stay open till july again this year. Its snowing all this week up there too. Gotta hit that up again before season ends. Oh yeah, come March 22nd , im flying up to Canada to ride Whistler/Blackcomb. Cant wait.

Man I can't wait to hit Mammoth after I get back from Spring Break.

just came back from Mammoth again this past sunday. coverage was amazing. I really think theyre going to stay open till july again this year. Its snowing all this week up there too. Gotta hit that up again before season ends. Oh yeah, come March 22nd , im flying up to Canada to ride Whistler/Blackcomb. Cant wait.

is this jerry?

haha yeah it is. Whattup Devin? Whens the next time ur riding man? I havent been to High in a while. I wanna roll up. Oh and on the real if Mammoth staysopen in May and July, im going to plan a NT trip. Would anyone else be down? I have hookups on a condo up there.

haha yeah it is. Whattup Devin? Whens the next time ur riding man? I havent been to High in a while. I wanna roll up. Oh and on the real if Mammoth stays open in May and July, im going to plan a NT trip. Would anyone else be down? I have hookups on a condo up there.

hahah what's up man i think i'm going up friday and saturday when are you planning on riding? and i'd be pretty down unless it's early july. ihave jury duty haha

I went up to Summit yesterday. Coverage was okay. It's been getting way too hot and a lot of the snow is gone.

cam back from Vancouver yesterday. Got to ride Whistler / Blackcomb . It still boggles me how immense that resort is. Met some workers who were off duty andthey took me to some untracked stuff. We had to hike for about an hour knee deep snow. (Which might I add is the most tiring and grueling activity I have everdone) Reached our spot, smoked some BC
pimp.gif
and rode on quite possibly thefunnest run of my life. Overall great trip, this season has been pretty fun for me. Sad to see it end very soon.

l_b63e1b4f2014407d8971cb483469bee5.jpg

The cornice we went down. Un-tracked and steep as hell
laugh.gif

l_d51c36a231e94419ac5a8e182079edf9.jpg

Pic from the summit.

Hey Jeuce, where exactly is whistler at in canada? how much for the airfare, if you happen to have the info as well. Looks fun man. Just got back from mt.high, making use of my season pass til it ends. slush and hard ice is bad quality but just as long as i can ride my before before the 7 month hiatus.

Whistler is on the West coast of Canada. Its about a 3 hour drive from Vancouver. 5 hour drive from Seattle. Last time I checked airfare was around $270 fromLAX round trip which is ridiculously cheap. They also have shuttles and buses that take you directly to the resort from the airport for about $100 bucks roundtrip. Once your at the resort pretty much everything you need is over there. Hotels, condos, houses, bars, clubs, stores, supermarkets. Its like a minicity. Everyone is friendly as hell and the mountain is bigger than anything you could ever imagine. I honestly believe you couldnt ride it all in a week. Whistler mountain + Blackcomb mountain is like 8x the size of Mammoth and im not even counting all the backcountry stuff. If you have any other questions,feel free to ask.

i spent less than $400 for the trip it was really cheap. Drove up with my homegirls family and then we just stayed at her relatives place. It was about $80for the lift ticket to Whistler and then $150 for a one way flight from Vancouver to LAX . I really want to go back next year for the Olympics. Vancouver isgoing to be nuts

Back
Top Bottom