** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet - 2010 **

Joined Feb 24, 2010
With the World Cup only a couple months away I wanted to get an "official" soccer boot/gear thread going. The annual MLB/NFL/NBA threads are legendary, and I figure that we should get a head start before all the heat that comes out during the WC.

And so, it starts....

Wayne Rooney debuts a new T90 colorway (30 March v. Bayern Munchen in Champions League play)

Possibly outdone by teammate Patrice Evra in the same match?

Arshavin looks like he's traded in the old for the new; Silvestre has friends in common with Rooney

Clint Dempsey (IMO the best American outfield player) rockin the Superflys with (RED) laces - at first glance I thought he had switched to adidas....

Jose Mourinho (The Special One) wearing an ill ACG-branded Internazionale vest

Landycakes gets a special CTR colorway (I don't understand why he doesn't wear the Superflys, same with Fernando Torres who wears the T90)

And a glimpse back at some of my favorite PEs that Beckham wore in international play (notice he had both an England and USA flag during the friendly between the two countries at Wembley)

Joined Feb 23, 2008
ive seen those 2 t90 colors like 2 weeks ago in the mexican league and this weekend in the MLS.

Landon with the 360's with the superfly soleplate

Joined Mar 10, 2008
I like the the blue cw of the T90's over the red version. Jose Altidore needs to leave adidas and go to nike.
Also hope Rooney's injury doesn't keep him from playing in the World Cup.

Joined Oct 9, 2006
Yep, I saw Rooney wear that colorway a week or two ago...
He rolled his ankle, but dunno really how severe it was. Plus Utd have Chelski this week. If Rooney goes down, thats the end for Utd. and England this summer.

Thanks for posting the pics peeps.

Joined Jul 21, 2004
Yup, nice idea to open up a Soccer edition especially with the hype of the World Cup round the corner...and SinnerP England is doomed as far as I see it...Beckham already out now possibly Rooney...sucks

I probably wont be an extreme regular like I would be in the NBA/NCAA thread but here's my lil contribution of some recent pics till I poke my nose in again at some point...maybe closer to World Cup

Donovan against Brazil in Confederations Cup
 @ friendly against Egypt at Wembley Stadium

Team Nigeria

Joined Jun 5, 2007
Originally Posted by SinnerP

Yep, I saw Rooney wear that colorway a week or two ago...
He rolled his ankle, but dunno really how severe it was. Plus Utd have Chelski this week. If Rooney goes down, thats the end for Utd. and England this summer.

Thanks for posting the pics peeps.
[h2]Sky sources say that Wayne Rooney is expected to be out for betweentwo and four weeks, after injuring his ankle in last night's Champion'sLeague tie.[/h2]

Joined Aug 4, 2007
Hope Waynes ok...

Here was a while ago at training: All black SG Lasers with silver swoosh

Charlie Davies back at training already 

Stu Holden At Bolton, Hooked up with the Nike contract

Fabio Cannavaro out of 90s and into 360s

Found this pic from 06.  That Gold Italy collection was so sick

Joined Feb 24, 2010
ronaldinho in the summer of 2006 on barcelona's US tour (this was in the early days of the now-dead 10R line). notice that he's rocking the jordan brand headband. as far as i know (i searched getty for almost an hour), he only wore JB while on the US tour that summer.

Joined Nov 1, 2006
Originally Posted by xlebroniv23

Charlie Davies back at training already 
ive always been a fan of the Vapors and these just make the case for me more.

-Tyler

Joined Feb 24, 2010
^phenomenal. i knew nike had something up their sleeve for the WC. i don't think i'd personally wear a colorway that gaudy, but it'll be exciting to see flashier players in the elite line.

Joined Mar 8, 2007
Always impressed with how forward-thinking Nike is. The bright orange on the heels to help teammates spot you easier is brilliant.

Joined Jul 9, 2003
some old pics, but landon was rocking blacked out 360's for a minute while on loan at everton.

these are one of the sickest looking boots i've ever seen!

Joined Jan 15, 2007
With the Superflys, has Nike remedied that tearing problem? I only remember that back when players were wearing the first model, they were liable to tear.

And how is that "adaptive stud" tech panning out? Gimmick or not?

mike francesa

Banned
Joined Oct 27, 2009
are there any other pics of other superfly colors other than the purple/orange, navy blue/light blue, world cups?

Joined Feb 24, 2010
^great pics of landon's all-black heat. it's odd that nowdays players who wear traditional black boots are the ones who stand out. when kanu came on for pompey in the FA cup final, i was staring at his feet for a few minutes just because he was rocking straight black.

here are some shots of the elite series in action at the pre-training camp for the USMNT. the totals on hahnemann look niiiiice....

and this is what the reigning FIFA player of the year will wear all over the pitches of south africa....

i'll try to get some puma gear posted soon - they've been a huge supporter of african football for years, and they're going all-out with some wild colorways that have made some appearances in domestic leagues over the past couple weeks.

Joined Feb 24, 2010
^great pics of landon's all-black heat. it's odd that nowdays players who wear traditional black boots are the ones who stand out. when kanu came on for pompey in the FA cup final, i was staring at his feet for a few minutes just because he was rocking straight black.

here are some shots of the elite series in action at the pre-training camp for the USMNT. the totals on hahnemann look niiiiice....

and this is what the reigning FIFA player of the year will wear all over the pitches of south africa....

i'll try to get some puma gear posted soon - they've been a huge supporter of african football for years, and they're going all-out with some wild colorways that have made some appearances in domestic leagues over the past couple weeks.

Joined May 4, 2010
i'm loving the yellow vapors. I'm a defensive midfielder/fullback so vapors don't realli work well for me.

Joined Feb 24, 2010
here's nike's blockbuster 2010 ad - the elite line is out in full force. i'm thrilled they put ronaldinho in there, because he's still the most exciting player in the world (imo). hopefully they make another "mas que nada" brasil ad!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now