** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2011 **

That'd make a better ad for United -kanye shrug- 
laugh.gif

pretty sick regardless, kinda makes me think they'll put a collar on the new kit

I'm hoping for something classy rather than something really forward, I love both types of looks but France deserves something timeless imo especially if the ad has Cantona in it.

That'd make a better ad for United -kanye shrug- 
laugh.gif

pretty sick regardless, kinda makes me think they'll put a collar on the new kit

I'm hoping for something classy rather than something really forward, I love both types of looks but France deserves something timeless imo especially if the ad has Cantona in it.

somewhat off-topic....

for the longest time, watching footage from training sessions i've noticed that players were wearing what i initially thought were pinnies.... but i figured they were too small to be pinnies (see pics), and thought they might be something to improve posture (like adidas techfit powerweb). then, watching sky sports news this morning, i noticed rio ferdinand in a black training top with a black vest (because it's black on black, i knew that they weren't pinnies). i also noticed writing on the vest - gpsport.

i google the company, and what they do is pretty interesting. the vests have GPS receivers, g-sensors and other electronics built into them. they can collect an impressive amount of data, here's how arsenal uses it....

“This is tracking literally from satellites in space, the training movements on the training field of every player.

“It gives you a lot of information. It tells you not just how far the players are running and how fast they are running and what levels of intense activity they have in training.

“It also measures ­something called ‘the load’ – and this is literally the amount of time a player’s foot is on the ground while he is running.

“You can see if you have a player coming up to a risk of injury in a subsequent game because you can see two things in general: one is that their work-rate comes down in training and secondly their ‘load’ increases. In other words, their foot stays on the ground for longer when they run.

“When you are feeling good and feeling active you are more on your toes. When you’re not, you’re more on your heels. That can help you to predict when players are in a dangerous situation.

1f726256d344713d9d52dfd3b1f00fcb2406d250_r.jpg

d8936e13622a4ca818e792722702d125d2c90024_r.jpg

01a162644d119e29d92f5018e8f6f4212d7f2175_r.jpg

somewhat off-topic....

for the longest time, watching footage from training sessions i've noticed that players were wearing what i initially thought were pinnies.... but i figured they were too small to be pinnies (see pics), and thought they might be something to improve posture (like adidas techfit powerweb). then, watching sky sports news this morning, i noticed rio ferdinand in a black training top with a black vest (because it's black on black, i knew that they weren't pinnies). i also noticed writing on the vest - gpsport.

i google the company, and what they do is pretty interesting. the vests have GPS receivers, g-sensors and other electronics built into them. they can collect an impressive amount of data, here's how arsenal uses it....

“This is tracking literally from satellites in space, the training movements on the training field of every player.

“It gives you a lot of information. It tells you not just how far the players are running and how fast they are running and what levels of intense activity they have in training.

“It also measures ­something called ‘the load’ – and this is literally the amount of time a player’s foot is on the ground while he is running.

“You can see if you have a player coming up to a risk of injury in a subsequent game because you can see two things in general: one is that their work-rate comes down in training and secondly their ‘load’ increases. In other words, their foot stays on the ground for longer when they run.

“When you are feeling good and feeling active you are more on your toes. When you’re not, you’re more on your heels. That can help you to predict when players are in a dangerous situation.

1f726256d344713d9d52dfd3b1f00fcb2406d250_r.jpg

d8936e13622a4ca818e792722702d125d2c90024_r.jpg

01a162644d119e29d92f5018e8f6f4212d7f2175_r.jpg

Wow that is really interesting

I wonder if this will be embraced by other sports aka American Football and basketball.

I hope in the future they some how get this tech into jerseys for games. It would allow fans to log on and see all of this information about their favorite players. Not to mention if this could be tracked real time it would be cool to see the tactics at play mid game. Just watching digital balls moving around the real time field as a game is going on to see the different type of tactics each team is using.

Could also make all off-sides penalties exact if every player has a this tech in their jersey and they can have a referee on a computer call the off-sides so that every call is perfect.

Wow that is really interesting

I wonder if this will be embraced by other sports aka American Football and basketball.

I hope in the future they some how get this tech into jerseys for games. It would allow fans to log on and see all of this information about their favorite players. Not to mention if this could be tracked real time it would be cool to see the tactics at play mid game. Just watching digital balls moving around the real time field as a game is going on to see the different type of tactics each team is using.

Could also make all off-sides penalties exact if every player has a this tech in their jersey and they can have a referee on a computer call the off-sides so that every call is perfect.

^i know that during champions league matches and a lot of bigger EPL ones, 'actim' stats will pop up on screen (especially when somebody is substituted for) and show how many meters the player has run. if you check out http://www.fifa.com/world...rs/distanceandspeed.html they have distance and speed for all the players in the world cup (xavi hernandez's stats are unreal; chicharito was the fastest player but wears legends instead of superflys haha) - but i don't think the players were wearing a chip. there must be another way that they get all that data.

nike debuted the france kit today. i like it a lot better than the mock-ups, but it's still gonna take a while to get used to les bleus not wearing adidas. on the plus side, it's great that the kit isn't based off of a cookie-cutter design!

9be361cf659242301e379cfd2478d7363e0e384d_r.jpg

55736f8b607a4d8813ff9081227bd24ed088601c_r.jpg

c1c26fa6bb44f1de94f20ed4042f1104c086758c_r.jpg

^i know that during champions league matches and a lot of bigger EPL ones, 'actim' stats will pop up on screen (especially when somebody is substituted for) and show how many meters the player has run. if you check out http://www.fifa.com/world...rs/distanceandspeed.html they have distance and speed for all the players in the world cup (xavi hernandez's stats are unreal; chicharito was the fastest player but wears legends instead of superflys haha) - but i don't think the players were wearing a chip. there must be another way that they get all that data.

nike debuted the france kit today. i like it a lot better than the mock-ups, but it's still gonna take a while to get used to les bleus not wearing adidas. on the plus side, it's great that the kit isn't based off of a cookie-cutter design!

9be361cf659242301e379cfd2478d7363e0e384d_r.jpg

c1c26fa6bb44f1de94f20ed4042f1104c086758c_r.jpg

^that's exactly the sort of cookie-cutter design i was talking about. i know nike can't put a team of designers on every single project, but you would think they'd put a little more time into a national team kit of a powerful/wealthy country like saudi arabia. i can design a better kit with a 10-minute phone call to my team rep from eurosport!

EDIT - pretty interesting video from nike that includes an interview with laurent blanc discussing his coaching philosophy. it's a bit more than the generic marketing hype that they usually put on youtube. nike's trying to combine their sponsorship of the team with a broader transformation of les bleus, jumping on the coat tails of laurent blanc - who's much more loved than domenech. i think nike realizes they need to (at least try) to escape the shadow of zidane/adidas, and the motto on the inside of the badge "nos differences nouse unissent" (our differences unite us) is probably a conscious strike against the sort of black/white anelka/gourcuff infighting that has happened as recent as the world cup. they want this to be a fresh start.

EDIT2 - they're claiming to use totally different materials for the actual shirt; the inside is lined with cotton. it's interesting to hear the designer talk about the reasons why certain features were added. not sure about the jersey yet, but the warmup jacket he's wearing will definitely be copped!

^that's exactly the sort of cookie-cutter design i was talking about. i know nike can't put a team of designers on every single project, but you would think they'd put a little more time into a national team kit of a powerful/wealthy country like saudi arabia. i can design a better kit with a 10-minute phone call to my team rep from eurosport!

EDIT - pretty interesting video from nike that includes an interview with laurent blanc discussing his coaching philosophy. it's a bit more than the generic marketing hype that they usually put on youtube. nike's trying to combine their sponsorship of the team with a broader transformation of les bleus, jumping on the coat tails of laurent blanc - who's much more loved than domenech. i think nike realizes they need to (at least try) to escape the shadow of zidane/adidas, and the motto on the inside of the badge "nos differences nouse unissent" (our differences unite us) is probably a conscious strike against the sort of black/white anelka/gourcuff infighting that has happened as recent as the world cup. they want this to be a fresh start.

EDIT2 - they're claiming to use totally different materials for the actual shirt; the inside is lined with cotton. it's interesting to hear the designer talk about the reasons why certain features were added. not sure about the jersey yet, but the warmup jacket he's wearing will definitely be copped!

riphamilton wrote:

The kit looked rather boring until i saw this picture.  Looks very clean and professional on. 

Really wish nike would make italy jerserys

riphamilton wrote:

The kit looked rather boring until i saw this picture.  Looks very clean and professional on. 

Really wish nike would make italy jerserys

If the socks weren't high, the french team would look like country club waiters. Can't say I dig it even though it is unique. The new ManU is crap too as much as I like the flat track jacket like collar, It looks identical to this years minus the color. jesus christ nike s f'in up ManU's kits.The chevrons were awesome and last years grew on me even though I prefer the away more due to no collar, but damn have some ingenuity for the worlds most visible club.

If the socks weren't high, the french team would look like country club waiters. Can't say I dig it even though it is unique. The new ManU is crap too as much as I like the flat track jacket like collar, It looks identical to this years minus the color. jesus christ nike s f'in up ManU's kits.The chevrons were awesome and last years grew on me even though I prefer the away more due to no collar, but damn have some ingenuity for the worlds most visible club.

I didn't want to leak the France stuff, but now that it's out there, here are some samples of the apparel and catalog photos at the bottom. Sorry for the bad iPhone pics. When I was in Paris last month, the people that worked at the PSG Store on the Champs Elysees were going nuts for the jacket. Hope you enjoy fellas.

I didn't want to leak the France stuff, but now that it's out there, here are some samples of the apparel and catalog photos at the bottom. Sorry for the bad iPhone pics. When I was in Paris last month, the people that worked at the PSG Store on the Champs Elysees were going nuts for the jacket. Hope you enjoy fellas.

i can't see the pics either - i'd love to see more shots of the warmup gear.

here's copypasta from an online chat with a NDC rep. i'm guessing it's really 2011, not '10....

The home (blue) jersey will hit NikeStore.com on 02/05/10, along with other FFF-themed performance and Nike Sportswear items

Back
Top Bottom