** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2011 **

Originally Posted by never wear them

I need to start getting in this thread more often. 
Not really big on cleats, but always appreciate the shoes...

2 of my favorite s.shoes.

6003603429_3958219d20_z.jpg

5986037173_e1171df6e4_z.jpg

will be getting the CR7 streetgatos soon. 

What are the bottom ones?!

My-T.

My-T.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

My-T.

They're the Safari Lunar Gatos from last year.  I've been looking for a pair for a reasonable price for a while now LOL...

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

My-T.

They're the Safari Lunar Gatos from last year.  I've been looking for a pair for a reasonable price for a while now LOL...

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

A new image of the Vapor VIII

14820824939188729519489.jpg

upper looks almost identical to the kangalite elastico finale, without the textured dots on the forefoot and with fewer seams. i'm guessing this "one-piece upper" will be the selling point. the foam around the heel looks thicker tho.... could that be something new? i'm sure the superfly will get flywire treatment - but i don't see how the boot will be significantly lighter or more playable than the current version. based on what this picture shows - really, what it lacks to show - this is far from what the next vapor needed to be if nike's going to challenge the adizero.

A new image of the Vapor VIII

14820824939188729519489.jpg

upper looks almost identical to the kangalite elastico finale, without the textured dots on the forefoot and with fewer seams. i'm guessing this "one-piece upper" will be the selling point. the foam around the heel looks thicker tho.... could that be something new? i'm sure the superfly will get flywire treatment - but i don't see how the boot will be significantly lighter or more playable than the current version. based on what this picture shows - really, what it lacks to show - this is far from what the next vapor needed to be if nike's going to challenge the adizero.

Actually, there isn't going to be another Superfly next year, so no more Flywire in the Mercurial line. The Vapor is once again going to be on top of the Mercurial range. In fact, Ronaldo has already started wearing a disguised SG version (which is really a mixed soleplate) of the Vapor VIII in game:
SB_5F00_Boot_5F00_Spotting_5F00_DEC5_5F00_Ronaldo.jpg

SB_5F00_Boot_5F00_Spotting_5F00_DEC5_5F00_Ronaldo_5F00_Close.jpg

Actually, there isn't going to be another Superfly next year, so no more Flywire in the Mercurial line. The Vapor is once again going to be on top of the Mercurial range. In fact, Ronaldo has already started wearing a disguised SG version (which is really a mixed soleplate) of the Vapor VIII in game:

Is it because of the price point? Aslo, I wonder how the hybrid version the soleplate/cleat actually feels?

Is it because of the price point? Aslo, I wonder how the hybrid version the soleplate/cleat actually feels?

They're removing the elite level boot for every silo, which is why the Superfly is no more. As for why they're getting rid of elite boots, I'm not entirely sure. My guess would be that since not many pros were wearing them and not many consumers were buying them, Nike decided to ditch the effort. I'm not actually sure what the sales of the elite boots looks like so I can't say with certainty that Nike wasn't making a profit off of them from consumers, but I can tell you with a good deal of certainty that many of Nike's top endorsees weren't wearing the carbon fiber elite versions of the Maestri, Laser, or Legend. (Although a decent number of pros who wear the Tiempo range have switched to the Legend IV Elite since its release.)

Adidas seems to have had similar problems with the F50 Prime, adiPure SL, and Predator SL, although they will continue making an SL version for the adiPure line when the 11Pro releases. I don't think we'll see another Predator SL though—especially considering the impending release of the Predator LZ—or a Prime version of the F50 miCoach.

They're removing the elite level boot for every silo, which is why the Superfly is no more. As for why they're getting rid of elite boots, I'm not entirely sure. My guess would be that since not many pros were wearing them and not many consumers were buying them, Nike decided to ditch the effort. I'm not actually sure what the sales of the elite boots looks like so I can't say with certainty that Nike wasn't making a profit off of them from consumers, but I can tell you with a good deal of certainty that many of Nike's top endorsees weren't wearing the carbon fiber elite versions of the Maestri, Laser, or Legend. (Although a decent number of pros who wear the Tiempo range have switched to the Legend IV Elite since its release.)

Adidas seems to have had similar problems with the F50 Prime, adiPure SL, and Predator SL, although they will continue making an SL version for the adiPure line when the 11Pro releases. I don't think we'll see another Predator SL though—especially considering the impending release of the Predator LZ—or a Prime version of the F50 miCoach.

Wow! Great catalog shots. How did you get them?? I'm surprised to see that Nike will retroactively be adding the new SG plate to the Legend.

Wow! Great catalog shots. How did you get them?? I'm surprised to see that Nike will retroactively be adding the new SG plate to the Legend.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I admit that I'm too lazy to browse, but what are those Black ones? ^

Can I still find them anywhere?

streetgato 5.
and the bottom ones like the NTer said, Lunar gatos, safari

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I admit that I'm too lazy to browse, but what are those Black ones? ^

Can I still find them anywhere?

streetgato 5.
and the bottom ones like the NTer said, Lunar gatos, safari

great pics blondsoccerplyr! i wonder if this means the hybrid plate will become more mainstream - i sorta can't see that happening, at least in the US. even soccer-specific retailers like soccer.com are weak with carrying SG options (probably because they don't sell), so i doubt that if nike asks retailers to carry another plate that people are unfamiliar with they'll jump on it. i think the hybrid plate will continue to be a nikeID thing. that being said, i'm excited to see it on a CTR and i'll probably give it a shot if it becomes available on swoosh.

great pics blondsoccerplyr! i wonder if this means the hybrid plate will become more mainstream - i sorta can't see that happening, at least in the US. even soccer-specific retailers like soccer.com are weak with carrying SG options (probably because they don't sell), so i doubt that if nike asks retailers to carry another plate that people are unfamiliar with they'll jump on it. i think the hybrid plate will continue to be a nikeID thing. that being said, i'm excited to see it on a CTR and i'll probably give it a shot if it becomes available on swoosh.

i'm sure nike wasn't too thrilled with drogba switching out of the new vapor coloway into the old (FG to SG - the pitch at white hart lane looks immaculate in HD btw)....
2e4263767443b16c998241dc4788eab295cd4cbc_r.jpg

and just incase you were wondering (i know you were!).... yes, william gallas is still wearing the vapor V's. it makes no sense to me for a big and slow central defender to be wearing these, but i respect players who stick with a particular boot that they like....
d5916b6b481a922bde57db708a891e0324145cc8_r.jpg

i'm sure nike wasn't too thrilled with drogba switching out of the new vapor coloway into the old (FG to SG - the pitch at white hart lane looks immaculate in HD btw)....
2e4263767443b16c998241dc4788eab295cd4cbc_r.jpg

and just incase you were wondering (i know you were!).... yes, william gallas is still wearing the vapor V's. it makes no sense to me for a big and slow central defender to be wearing these, but i respect players who stick with a particular boot that they like....
d5916b6b481a922bde57db708a891e0324145cc8_r.jpg

i've wondered when we would finally see this, and i'm pretty sure i've posted it, but benoit assou-ekotto of spurs is the first player (that i've seen) to wear the same boot in different colorways on each foot. he's been doing it for at least 3 matches, including today....
874363916055419f1645962d28b9d6709eba5553_r.jpg

189365006948402514c392d32c91dd444a9826b7_r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom