** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2012 **

anyone know any good stores i can go to for a wide selection on boots? im looking for turf, and im kinda weary about coppin online. really wanna try them on first.

depends where you live - there really isn't a national chain that has top-level boots. dlcks sporting goods doesn't carry a lot of footwear over $100. there are a lot of smaller stores that do a great job; in southern new england a lot of people i know drive 2+ hours to go to 'we got soccer' across from gillette stadium because they do a great job stocking all kinds of product.

don't forget that NDC and a lot of online stores offer free return shipping. a lot of times i'll buy the same product in different sizes so that i can try them on at home, and then return the sizes that didn't fit.

anyone know any good stores i can go to for a wide selection on boots? im looking for turf, and im kinda weary about coppin online. really wanna try them on first.

depends where you live - there really isn't a national chain that has top-level boots. dlcks sporting goods doesn't carry a lot of footwear over $100. there are a lot of smaller stores that do a great job; in southern new england a lot of people i know drive 2+ hours to go to 'we got soccer' across from gillette stadium because they do a great job stocking all kinds of product.

don't forget that NDC and a lot of online stores offer free return shipping. a lot of times i'll buy the same product in different sizes so that i can try them on at home, and then return the sizes that didn't fit.

Our ***** Sporting Goods just started stocking top end boots. So you may want to check it out. They have Pred LZ's and Vapor 8s but they don't keep them out on the floor other then the display model. (Our ***** has just shoe display and boxs under them to pick out yourself so you actually need an associate to get the top end boots).

But on another note SoccerBible has a nice little article on the Vapor 8s having 3 different upper and how Nike really hasn't addressed it. Mango - suede microfiber upper, Clash+Seaweed - Teijin leather-like upper and Retro/Orange - Suede Microfiber with the ACC coating. Will be exciting to see what the next colorway or CR7's get.

allegedly the next tiempos.... i hope this isn't the final product! looks a lot more like an american football/baseball cleat than a football boot.

Im in NYC. might just go out and check some stores. dont really wanna end up just going to footlocker though.

heads up to everyone that "for the time being" (read: never again), the CTR360 maestri and mercurial vapor with the SG-PRO plate will not be available in the US (some US websites still have stock of the launch colorways). only the trequartista and miracles will be carried in the future.

i don't really understand it bc the vapor SG PRO sold out everywhere really quickly, but it seems like retailers aren't willing to take the risk of being left with too much expensive backstock. i think the SG-PRO plate is great for many/most surfaces, not just soft ones - but nike and retailers market it as being strictly soft ground, which alienates a lot of potential buyers. another thing that doesn't help is the ignorance surrouding metal studs - i'm always surprised that so many people think they're banned (they're not in the vast majority of leagues). if anything, conical metal studs are much safer than molded blades.

anyways, what this all means is that i'm going to have to order the white/volt maestri from the UK. it'll cost me about $190 shipped, which is lame because i have a swoosh account, but US retail price on the maestri SG PRO is $199 - so definitely not too bad.

copped the new white/volt maestri SG-PROs off startfootball.co.uk (preorder, they ship on the 15th). paid $180 shipped; they have a 10% off code OLYMPIC10. if anyone needs SG boots, their selection is massive and since we (in the USA) are not charged VAT, prices are similar/better to what we would pay from soccer.com or other domestic retailers.

you can get the new ACC vapor SG-PRO for $185 shipped (the FG version is $198 on soccer.com if you have a goal club membership).

just remember that their footwear sizes are UK sizes when ordering!

new CTR colorway - i'm guessing these drop around christmas. credit to siamboots.

I LOVE this color combo. Came close to buying the Predators that dropped in this cw a year or two back more than once.

I've been a good boy in 2012, only bought one pair of cleats the this whole year. These will be had. :D

Last edited:
I ordered the ctr360 librettos. Any feedback? Ill be playing on turf once or twice a week

If you play once a week on turf I'd give them a lifespan of 4 - 6 months.

Expect separation of the toe and the sole plate within the first 2 months.

Nike really does not construct their low end boots very well.

Last edited:
really good article on how ozil will be forced to wear non-branded boots for the next 180 days

http://soccerreviews.com/news/nike-mesut-ozil-lawsuit/

Nike Wins Lawsuit Against Mesut Ozil

By Isaac Abraham on October 23, 2012

A judge in Amsterdam has ruled in favour of Nike after the American sportswear giants took legal action against German international, Mesut Ozil, following the midfielder’s sudden switch into adidas boots.

The decision by the Dutch judge brings a bit of clarity to one of the most intriguing sponsorship sagas we’ve seen in a long while.

Ozil had eagle eyed boot spotters confused when he was spotted in the adidas Predator LZ over this summer, mainly since he was one of the main endorsers of Nike’s Vapor series. According to reports coming out of the Netherlands, Ozil was under contract with Nike until this July, after which no new contract was signed. Despite Ozil’s contract ending, a ‘matching right’ clause means that Nike holds the right to match any new sponsorship offer the player receives. For example if adidas decides to offer Ozil a sponsorship contract, Nike has the option to match this contract.

Contrary to what most people thought, Ozil has said that he has not signed any deal with adidas, and therefore is not contracted by any manufacturer. The Dutch court found this claim unlikely, and stated that it was unlikely that Ozil decided to wear the adidas Predator LZ without receiving any form of compensation. As a result, Ozil has been told that he must present Nike with any new offer he receives from other companies, so that the American company can consider whether or not they are willing to match this offer.

In the meantime, to prove that he does not in fact have a contract with adidas, the court has demanded that Ozil play in boots without a brand name for 180 days. Failure to abide by this rule will result in a 150,000 Euro fine. It’ll be extremely interesting to see if Ozil opts for a Nike, or adidas ‘brand-less’ boot, as it will give us a clue as to the direction he will be moving in. If Ozil’s boot choice before the court ruling is anything to go by, it could be that he’s switched back to Nike boots as he was spotted in the Mercurial Vapor VIII.

It was the same with Diego and he is now endorsed by adidas.

Also not a very good idea to sue someone you will work with.

So those white boots are also new Tiempos? They look fantastic

And is that the new vapor? I thought they were going to change the upper to the dimple pattern? I guess that was a sample

Early leak from soccer reviews. I can't tell what the upper is. But i guess they are sticking with the ACC stuff they have on the current blue vapor VIII

[h1]Man United line up whopping £1bn Nike extension to boost the coffers[/h1]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Manchester-United-line-1bn-Nike-kit-deal.html

Manchester United will be looking to negotiate sports merchandising giants Nike's biggest-ever sponsorship deal when they begin renewal talks over Old Trafford kit supply in February.

The 13-year Nike agreement with United that expires in 2015 is worth £303million, plus a profit share on retail sales.

And United chief of staff Ed Woodward, who presides over the club's extraordinary commercial operation, is looking for a 'major increase' from Nike.

I need some new indoor shoes for my new indoor team I'm starting with my friends. I can't wear my cleats, so what are some good shoes that have good touch mainly. 

I need some new indoor shoes for my new indoor team I'm starting with my friends. I can't wear my cleats, so what are some good shoes that have good touch mainly. 

what kinda surface are you playing on? concrete/hardwood, basic turf (concrete with green carpet over it), 3G turf?

What are the best cleats I could pick up for like 40 bucks? My ctr 360 librettos tore from my hs season, and im pretty broke being in college... the librettos are only torn on the outside part of my right foot which is odd... I know 40 bucks isn't alot, but i need some new ones anyway..

What are the best cleats I could pick up for like 40 bucks? My ctr 360 librettos tore from my hs season, and im pretty broke being in college... the librettos are only torn on the outside part of my right foot which is odd... I know 40 bucks isn't alot, but i need some new ones anyway..

if you have a Ross store near you check them out, nike boots range from 20-35. It's usually last season's models.

^it's really ticking me off that they're not releasing them in half sizes. they did the same thing with the original GS.... i hope this doesn't become a "thing" because i can't fit into anything from nike other than a 10.5.

I'm not a fan of the Vapor/GS2, never fit me well. CTR and T90 on the other hand, delicious on my feet

Back
Top Bottom