* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

praise the lord finally some decent pants! i live in those things once the cold weather rolls around. one of my favorite pairs is more than 10 years old and i treasure them because all the new ones are terrible.

EDIT: i only see them (nike select strike tech pant) on european sites. i doubt nike will makes these available in the states. really annoying.
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/strike-soccer-pants/pid-10216702/pgid-1561734

They also released these 3/4 in the summer
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/s...h-tech-soccer-pants/pid-1476506/pgid-10262628

World Soccer Shop Home USA sale. Price adjusts when in the cart.
USA Home Jerseys 37 Shipped, 44 Shipped with Name and Numbers. The whole WC squad is up.
Good deal, but not really feeling the home. Now if it was the away, I'd double up.

Hi all, I was wondering if you could help me. This may seem like a longshot, near impossible, but it's worth a shot.

I'm looking for leads on ANY of the older FC Real Bristol (SOPH. x Nike) gear. Any season, any year, but I'm preferably looking towards anything from 2009 and older..

I already have a couple of the pieces of the FCRB collection from this season thanks to NikeLab launching, but I'm trying to get more serious about my hunt for more obscure places.

Kits, warmups, jackets, hoodies, tshirts, hats, beanies, absolutely anything.

Any kind of help on anything would be greatly appreciated. 

those nike training pants look nice
pimp.gif

That's all my son wears to school, hard to find him good fitting Jeans for his tall husky body.

^ 'Sup osacrdagrouchla osacrdagrouchla ! Yeah, all my son wears is the Adidas tiro pants, Nike Liberto 14 pants, & skinny jeans with either a footy shirt and/or a Nike hoodie for school.

SB recently posted a feature about footballers cuttin' up their Superflys :x :smh: They need to hooker up their players with the Ronnie low cuts instead of cutting up those beautiful boots...

Ronnie's customized jawns.

View media item 1191733
Sao Paulo’s Alexandre Pato cut up jawns.

View media item 1191741
Hull City’s Abel Hernandez

View media item 1191743
Valencia’s Nicolas Otamendi

View media item 1191745

As stated in this thread its funny that the Indoor boots seem to be kind of a testing ground for nike.  Looks like with the next elastico they are kinda feeling out a low cut collar/inner booty type design

Will be interesting to see if this gets translated to outdoor boots.  

From SB's YT page. Their interview with Nike Director of Football Apparel Design, Stuart McArthur on the new 3rd kits.

Just saw Dekovic's tweet about an hour ago... Didn't realize the THREE were leaving... WOW... That's a coupe by the three stripes...

Seems like Denis Dekovic is going to Adidas. Interesting. 
Adidas has hired away three prominent Nike footwear designers as part of its plan to open a "Brooklyn Creative Studio" in New York City, the company announced Wednesday.

The studio, expected to open in 2015, "will drive design direction for the brand and elevate the company's direct interaction with consumers," says a statement issued by Adidas America, the North American regional headquarters located in Portland.

The three designers Adidas hired away from Nike include:
  • Denis Dekovic  has 20 years of footwear design experience across soccer, women's footwear, snowboarding, basketball and tennis. Sneaker blogs credit Dekovic, Nike's global football design director, with developing the Mercurial 9, the Tiempo 5 and the Hypervenom soccer shoes as well as the Magista, the head-turning, Flyknit-upper soccer shoe developed in time for this year's World Cup in Brazil.
  • Marc Dolce  is a 20-year veteran of the footwear-design industry with experience across basketball, training, running, women's footwear and lifestyle. Dolce's name is familiar to sneakerheads and sneaker blogs. Among other projects, last year he designed the Lunar Force 1, a limited edition of the Air Force 1. A Forbes profile noted that he lived in Oregon but valued his time on return trips to New York City. "The streets here talk to me when I walk," Dolce told Forbes. "Maybe it's just because this is my hometown, but I feel like I can hear it."
  • Mark Miner, also a frequent subject in sneaker blogs, is a footwear designer with experience in running, women's footwear and basketball. Among other projects, he is credited with key design contributions to the popular Nike Free Run+, making that shoe more flexible.
http://www.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2014/09/adidas_hires_three_all-star_ni.html

I knew a couple of the boots Denis Dekovic like the Mercurial 9s, the Magistas, & the Superflys, but when you look at his resume it's impressive. Here's a summary from SB.

[COLOR=#red]Lotto Zhero Gravity Ultra (2011) [/COLOR]- When it comes to boot innovation Denis Dekovic isn't afraid to explore new avenues of design. One of the ballsy-est designers in the game started as he meant to go one when he worked with Lotto on the Zhero Gravity - the world's first laceless football boot. That's how you get noticed by Nike.

View media item 1196118
Nike GS (2012) - Dekovic's first assault on Nike's boot innovation came in 2012 with the launch of the Green Speed, Nike's lightest ever football boot at just 160g. Made of recycled and renewable engineering the GS was a revolution in boot design and another indication of Dekovic's forward thinking. The GS was launched for the 2012 London Olympics and was one of the most sought after boots of the year.

View media item 1196121
[COLOR=#red]Nike Mercurial Vapor IX (2013)[/COLOR] - Dekovic's first influence on the Nike Mercurial line-up came with the launch of the Mercurial Vapor IX in January 2013, which arrived with a completely new upper. Speed Control texture was introduced to wrap around the foot, giving the boot friction to enhance ball feel and a unique glass-fiber lightweight plate that increased flexibility and responsiveness for explosive speed.

View media item 1196122
Nike CR Mercurial Vapor IX (2013) - Dekovic's first mark on the signature CR Mercurial Vapor used a Neon Yellow and Orange Safari print inspired by the print that was first seen on a Cristiano Ronaldo Mercurial in 2010. Horizontal black and neon yellow lines linked the shoe to the collection’s overarching inspiration of speed. and The “love to win, hate to lose” logo on the heel was a nod to Ronaldo’s inspiration as he explodes past his opponents towards goal.

View media item 1196124
[COLOR=#red]Nike FC247 Collection (2013)[/COLOR] - After making his mark on the field Dekovic turned his hand to the court to shake up Nike's futsal line-up. The 'Fives' range was replaced by the FC247 collection packed with design specifications for respective playing surfaces and styles. The range introduced a new material known as NIKESKIN on the Elastico Finale II, a breakthrough technology that formed to the foot for a closer fit and would go on to become the integral feature of the HyperVenom.

View media item 1196125
Nike HyperVenom Phantom (2013) - The Hypervenom arrived in July 2013 with an upper created using the new NIKESKIN system. Dekovic lead the Nike design team in delivering the breakthrough product of the year, explaining; "The HyperVenom upper delivers an amazing level of comfort and feel. The athletes asked us to deliver a boot that gets as close as possible to the feeling of playing barefoot,” Dekovic said. “Mesh takes us a step closer to doing that and the All Conditions Control finish keeps the mesh dry.” Designed for a "new breed of attack", Dekovic and his team worked closely with Neymar who desired a boot to enhance his agility.

View media item 1196126
Nike CR Mercurial Vapor IX Galaxy (2013) - Dekovic's next CR7 signature Mercurial design can be explained best by himself,"We were watching a game, and after Cristiano scored yet another amazing free-kick the commentator posed the question 'Is Ronaldo from this planet?! When we got back to the design studio we got thinking about CR7’s style and how similar it was to the definition of a supernova - a celestial body that radiates energy - and that was it, we had our inspiration." Done.

View media item 1196127
[COLOR=#red]Nike Tiempo Legend V (2013) [/COLOR]- Dekovic was tasked with updating the boot that started it all for Nike, the Tiempo. The Tiempo Legend V was built on the same anatomical last as the revolutionary HyperVenom to bring the foot closer to the ball whilst ACC and K-leather combined to provide optimal touch in all conditions. The fifth generation Tiempo demonstrated Dekovic's versatility, creating one of the finest Tiempo Legend boots in Nike's back catalogue.

View media item 1196128
Nike CR Mercurial Vapor IX Ballon d'Or (2014) - Dekovic got involved in the limited edition game when he was tasked with designing a celebratory Mercurial Vapor IX for Cristiano Ronaldo, a man who he formed a close relationship with as he seeked inspiration for new innovations. Dekovic created a special edition gold plated Mercurial inspired by the Ballon d'Or winner's trophy explaining “Cristiano Ronaldo is such an exceptional player, and we wanted to celebrate all his accomplishments this season with a unique boot to honor his amazing success."

View media item 1196129
[COLOR=#red]Nike Magista (2014)[/COLOR] - The one boot above all that Dekovic will be remembered for; the Nike Magista Obra. The boot worn by Mario Gotze to score the winning goal in the World Cup final pushed the boundaries of football footwear design with incredible innovations. For the first time ever Flyknit technology was used on a football boot along with the breakthrough Dynamic Fit Collar.

View media item 1196130
Nike Mercurial Superfly IV (2014) - Developed alongside the Magista, the return of the Mercurial Superfly was a four year design process lead by Dekovic. Flyknit technology sat on top of a carbon fibre sole-plate to deliver a new generation of Nike speed. Dekovic worked closely with Cristiano Ronaldo and other Nike athletes to develop another game-changing product that re-wrote the book of football boot design.

View media item 1196131

Can anyone give me some on hand experience with the Magistas? Is there really a big difference between the Obra and the Opus besides the Flyknit?

Hows the fit? I've been wearing Tiempos for quite a while, and I've always been a size 9. Seriously debating on getting the hyper turqs in either pair

Can anyone give me some on hand experience with the Magistas? Is there really a big difference between the Obra and the Opus besides the Flyknit?

Hows the fit? I've been wearing Tiempos for quite a while, and I've always been a size 9. Seriously debating on getting the hyper turqs in either pair

I have a pair of indoor Tiempo's and they fit true to size. I tried on a pair of FG Magistas and I have to go a half size up otherwise they were way too tight. The Manistee fit similar to the Mercurials to me.

NIKE TIEMPO LEGEND V SOAR BLUE / VOLT

NIKE HYPERVENOM CLEARWATER / BLUE LAGOON / HYPER CRIMSON

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom