* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

So the new Mercurial Vapor has been revealed, anybody got a pic? I'm on mobile
rich boy lol

Come down and scoop ya lil ***** , I know you was down here for Ultra

Nope, didn't go to Ultra this year. May never go again, almost killed myself climbing and hanging off one of the steel bars in one of those domes. :lol:

Trippin balls.
stop hanging with those crazy white people man :lol:

the new commercial is amazing

i'll give credit to nike; their ad guys always bring their A game for the world cup.

lol at eden hazard's kit - if he played for a nike team i'm sure he'd have a bigger role in the commercial. i'm glad they used tim howard as the US representative. he fits in with the elite euro crowd a lot more naturally than dempsey (or, heaven forbid, landon donovan).
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Some previous WC ads from Nike & Adidas.
still remember this one like it was yesterday
my first pair of football boots were a takedown model of the F50 tunit if I remember correctly

Yeezy Vapors?

Please don't lol
right? LOL sounded like a true hypebeast

Last edited:
Magista is up on nike id

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/mens-unstoppable-playmaking-soccer-shoes/7puZdusZbrkZ896

they have the Opus up too in the store for pre order

and calm down i think he was joking with the yeezy super fly comment :lol: eveyrone instantly jumps down your throat. I mean i :lol: at it
so let me get this straight
the Obra and Opus(terrible names by the way) are both premium models. Except that the Obra is the flashipwith the whole flyknit and the built in sock, and the Opus has kanga lite, no fly knit, and comes without that stupid looking built in sock.

Obra $275
Opus $200

:smh: :smh: :smh:

that's the strange part to me. The opus is basically then next CTR. It's kanga lite but no "control" elements that i am aware of? It just says all over texture for better touch.

Either way it's looking like the new superfly's are the winner for me when previously i was thinking the magista could be my next boot. Brining back the carbon fiber sole plate has sold me on the superfly

anybody get their $24 Man U jerseys from WSS yet? still waiting on mine. it said expected delivery today but the tracking info hasnt been updated since being in WV saturday. i live in cali so pretty far away haha

anybody get their $24 Man U jerseys from WSS yet? still waiting on mine. it said expected delivery today but the tracking info hasnt been updated since being in WV saturday. i live in cali so pretty far away haha

My homie got his yesterday, he didnt get the authentic lettering and he lives in NJ if that helps

I'm debating if I wanna get the Authentic Match PSG away kit. everything all together it'll be about 100 Euro. I just picked up a US authentic Bradley kit in a L and that **** fits amazing on the body but hella tight on the sleeves, somerimes I feel like Arjen Robben wearing the kit :lol:. So I don't know what an XL in a long-sleeve authentic Nike kit will fit. I need a Zlatan kit in my collection!!

I'll post up a fit pic if anyone wants to see the difference in the Match kit and the Stadium replica fit.

that's the strange part to me. The opus is basically then next CTR. It's kanga lite but no "control" elements that i am aware of? It just says all over texture for better touch.

Either way it's looking like the new superfly's are the winner for me when previously i was thinking the magista could be my next boot. Brining back the carbon fiber sole plate has sold me on the superfly

I think the Opus is just there to give consumers an alternative to Flyknit.

Flyknit could be the best to ever to happen to footwear and a vocal minority would still throw a tantrum complaining about it.

It could also really really suck, either way the smart move is to offer a more traditional alternative.

Flyknit could be the best to ever to happen to footwear and a vocal minority would still throw a tantrum complaining about it.

It could also really really suck, either way the smart move is to offer a more traditional alternative.
yea the Opus is def an evolution of the CTR360 silo minus the "3d control pads"

I honestly have no idea how flyknit material will react to the touch of a ball. I have a pair of flyknit racers but I don't wanna put them to the test :lol:

The making for the Magista...
posted this already :tongue:

Last edited:
My homie got his yesterday, he didnt get the authentic lettering and he lives in NJ if that helps

I'm debating if I wanna get the Authentic Match PSG away kit. everything all together it'll be about 100 Euro. I just picked up a US authentic Bradley kit in a L and that **** fits amazing on the body but hella tight on the sleeves, somerimes I feel like Arjen Robben wearing the kit :lol:. So I don't know what an XL in a long-sleeve authentic Nike kit will fit. I need a Zlatan kit in my collection!!

I'll post up a fit pic if anyone wants to see the difference in the Match kit and the Stadium replica fit.

my boy in WA got his today. i think mine got lost :smh: estimated delivery date changed from tuesday (today) to N/A and it hasnt updated since being in WV saturday. i hope its good

I completely get this point which made me wonder why they ditched the CTR anyway. I am sure it had something to do with sales or other things i am no privy too. I thought the boot was well liked. And if it wasn't why is some one going to buy the opus? was there hatred for the control elements?

But it seems these days to be fading from "position based marketing" for boots to just material based. Magista Obra vs hypervenom vs Magista Opus? Which do you like better nikeskin or flyknit or kanga lite....otherwise....not much of a difference unless there is a big weight discrepancy or they use a different last and the fit is different.

my man u shirt isn't here yet either...delivery said tuesday though so maybe it will be here today

The making for the Magista...
posted this already :tongue:

Sorry, I missed that....

Here are some detailed pics in spoiler mode of the Opus.

I'm my son's kit man, so I clean his boots just before every game. I can see the upper of these being very hard to clean. Dirt & mud getting trapped...

Got mine today. I live in the Bay.

^ I ordered my son's United shirt for $24 (the Giggs 24 year promo) from WSS on Tuesday 4/22 (with my son's name & number) & received it on Monday 4/28. I live 30 mins north east of Baltimore.

don't care who they sign with, so long as they don't get a billion dollars to do it. arsenal just got financially competitive again with the puma deal. nike completely dwarfing that amount with petro-dollar/russian oligarch level sugar daddy funds isn't good for anybody else in europe.

http://www.soccerbible.com/performa.../nike-superfly-iv-10-things-you-need-to-know/

NIKE SUPERFLY IV | 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW

TEN THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE RADICALLY NEW FLYKNIT NIKE MERCURIAL SUPERFLY IV FOOTBALL BOOTS.

In the whirlwind of the Nike Mercurial Superfly IV launch you may have missed the occasional detail. We've attended an epic launch event in Madrid with Cristiano Ronaldo and spoken to Nike Football Design Director Denis Dekovic. Now we've broken down the Mercurial Superfly IV to the ten most essential points that you need to know.

Availability: The Mercurial Superfly is available to pre-order from May 26 and is on sale from June 12, the same day as the 2014 World Cup kicks off in Brazil.

The weight: A UK Size 8.5 tips our scales at exactly 200g. That's 45g lighter than the previous Superfly and just a few grams lighter than the current Mercurial Vapor IX boot.

The price: The new Superfly IV (FG) will be priced at around £230.00, which is £50.00 cheaper than previous Superfly editions. Nike say they have reacted to customer feedback by dropping the previous £280.00 price-tag of their top-tier speed boot.

The sizing: The Mercurial Superfly IV is a true to fit size. If you're a 9.5 then get a 9.5. On initial fit they don't appear to be ridiculously narrow so players with wide feet will be accommodated.

More blades means more speed: Nike have evolved the Mercurial traction system by adding more blades to the heel for quick penetration and quick release. The heel features two additional blades and the forefoot one extra blade, which was specifically requested by Cristiano Ronaldo during the development phase.

Adapted Brio Cables: The Brio Cables are knitted directly into the upper of the boot and are locked into the outsole. By connecting this tendon-like support to the heel the Superfly acts like a slingshot that helps maximise a players' acceleration.

More flexible carbon fibre: Nike have introduced a new full length, two-layer carbon chassis in place of the three layered chassis used on previous Superfly boots. Based on pro player feedback from past Superfly generations, the reduction has resulted in a softer plate that is more responsive and flexible.

A new three-knit Flyknit weave: Designed to put less materials between the foot and the ball to enhance a players' touch and create a more natural ball feel.

Different to the Magista: The Superfly IV uses a different last to the Magista Obra to ensure the Mercurial Superfly is as close to the foot as possible. Both top-tier boots have a NIKESKIN treatment across the Flyknit upper and use Brio Cable technology, which on the Superfly is applied differently to create a fit that is noticeably more locked-down.

On pitch:
Players are expected to start training in the Mercurial Superfly when they meet up with their national teams ahead of the World Cup. The boots will be in competitive action when the tournament kicks off proper on June 12th but you may well get a cheeky preview of them in the international friendlies leading up to the main event.

Close up pics in spoiler mode.

Last edited:
NTer @SinnerP posted this in the footy thread in the S&T section. Thought it should go in here too. The Nike Football Innovation Showcase 2014 event that was recently held in Madrid Spain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom