SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

I’m sure they were comfortable, but I couldn’t wear those things. Same with the Phantom Venoms

1620898646462.jpeg

This year's kit w/ the herringbone pattern was so good. Hard to even look at that.

Problem is, it has a way of looking better on pitch than in marketing photos.

This year's kit w/ the herringbone pattern was so good. Hard to even look at that.

Problem is, it has a way of looking better on pitch than in marketing photos.

After the FA Cup Final, can’t get on board w/ the new home kit. The contrasting patterns are just an eyesore. Gonna have to pass on this one.

1621233045448.jpeg

I love the patterns the vertical yellow stripe is my only complaint.

I actually don't mind the yellow highlight - classic club color. But the checkerboard + zigzag just does not vibe with me. Have it all one or all the other, or maybe integrate them more or something, but the abrupt cutoff down the lefthand side of the shirt from one to the other is just odd.

NBY pair arrived this afternoon, and they made up beautifully. Only about 3 weeks from order to delivery.

4D470D69-5BAD-42B6-B292-4615DF72A47D.jpeg

Wore these out for pickup for the first time in advance of a league game later this week to break them in. The upper is significantly more stiff out of the box than the Vapor 13, which I didn’t expect based on the marketing, and I didn’t particularly like, at first impression. I think the Vapor 13 was just about the perfect modern football boot. Hitting the ball did feel “pingy “ and akin to older vapor models. I still think I prefer the 13 and the 10, specifically, but the 14 is a good boot. I’m confident once they break in a bit they should be up there comfort-wise as well.

Traction and the “snap-back” sensation of the sole plate is great—you really feel like you fly out of the blocks. Got appreciative nods from the other guys as far as looks go.

I still regret not grabbing another pair of HyperVenom 3's or the F-50's while I still could. Won't be making that mistake with the Vapor 13's. My teammate had the same impression you did.

I still regret not grabbing another pair of HyperVenom 3's or the F-50's while I still could. Won't be making that mistake with the Vapor 13's. My teammate had the same impression you did.

depending on your size and color preferences, you can snag BNIB vapor13s on eBay forjust over $100. Model update always depreciate the previous models in the short term, and then you’ll see an influx of nostalgia after 2-3 years when prices start creeping up again.

Wore these out for pickup for the first time in advance of a league game later this week to break them in. The upper is significantly more stiff out of the box than the Vapor 13, which I didn’t expect based on the marketing, and I didn’t particularly like, at first impression. I think the Vapor 13 was just about the perfect modern football boot. Hitting the ball did feel “pingy “ and akin to older vapor models. I still think I prefer the 13 and the 10, specifically, but the 14 is a good boot. I’m confident once they break in a bit they should be up there comfort-wise as well.

Traction and the “snap-back” sensation of the sole plate is great—you really feel like you fly out of the blocks. Got appreciative nods from the other guys as far as looks go.

Want to pick up a pair of these, but its so hard to decide on the color combinations. I low key want to go all purple. Is that purple on yours? For the skin upper did you choose black or clear? It looks like it hardly makes a difference online and I'm not sure what it's modifying.

Want to pick up a pair of these, but its so hard to decide on the color combinations. I low key want to go all purple. Is that purple on yours? For the skin upper did you choose black or clear? It looks like it hardly makes a difference online and I'm not sure what it's modifying.

Yeah, my upper is Grape mesh with clear skin. The render on NBY isn’t super detailed; they come out much more visible in hand. My mudguard/band is white, toe cover pink, light blue midfoot, electric green swoosh outline, tonal Grape swoosh (which shows up much better in hand than on the site). Silver outsole.

there’s various NBY jobs floating around IG that show the depth of color variation in the various components and skin details.

Go for it. the customization process is fun and the anticipation is worth the premium, imo

That Bomb Pop makes me miss the days of finding it along with the Where's Waldo and navy with white sleeves gamedays at Ross and Marshall's/TJ Maxx for cheap.

But yes, I completely agree that the Denim one from 94 is the best.

That plain white centennial one is trash imho

Back
Top Bottom