SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

The story is crazy to me in that he took the T90 and made it a tiempo :lol:
Like you didn't like the synthetic so you got Kangaroo Leather
You added a different sole plate
You added an external heel counter
You took off the shooting pods...

You basically never played in a t90

Anyway to add a little, after 2 games in my superfly 7s....yeah these are it. There is ever so slightly more room in the toe box and the upper is softer. So the pain i had from my superfly 6 of toe pressure at the front of the boot is non existent. The touch itself is great out of the box. It took way too long to break my superfly 6s in.

Those articles are awesome...

...and simultaneously make me cringe at how much money I've spent over the years trying to track down the "perfect" boot when all of these pros are able to basically do whatever they want and slap a colorway over it.
That's why I never been one to drop crazy money on a pair of boots. It's been years since I've paid more than $85 for a pair. Most of my boot purchases have come from ebay. And to this day no other boot has been able to live up to the HV Phantom 1 in my opinion.

The story is crazy to me in that he took the T90 and made it a tiempo :lol:
Like you didn't like the synthetic so you got Kangaroo Leather
You added a different sole plate
You added an external heel counter
You took off the shooting pods...

You basically never played in a t90

Anyway to add a little, after 2 games in my superfly 7s....yeah these are it. There is ever so slightly more room in the toe box and the upper is softer. So the pain i had from my superfly 6 of toe pressure at the front of the boot is non existent. The touch itself is great out of the box. It took way too long to break my superfly 6s in.

Man you remember that whole Neymar fiasco with him wearing the HV Phantom 2. Or what it appeared to be on TV cameras, until the internet got a closer look? He was wearing a Vapor 10 with HV2 graphics and a Tiempo soleplate. He only fooled the gullible average joe, which is the majority of people. The general population is not like us when it comes to footwear.

jking0821 jking0821 El Argentino El Argentino Armada Armada dragicon dragicon salacious crumb salacious crumb Bosa Bosa geezus geezus AZwildcats AZwildcats

Check out this article on Coutinho's boots, he doesn't have any plastic heel counters :wow:

The more fascinating ones to me are Rooney and Bale adding padding under the forefoot. You'd think with all the marketing hype it's all about foot-to-ball feel.

EDIT: I will never get over the bust that is Coutinho. The guy had a whole Nike silo launched around his move to Barça (see the Phantom Vision 1 ads), and he's playing in Vapor12s less than half a season later. What an ingrate. Oh, and the fact that's he's genuinely not a world-beater and has ripped off so many teams bouncing back and forth... (BRING ON THE HATERZ)

The more fascinating ones to me are Rooney and Bale adding padding under the forefoot. You'd think with all the marketing hype it's all about foot-to-ball feel.

EDIT: I will never get over the bust that is Coutinho. The guy had a whole Nike silo launched around his move to Barça (see the Phantom Vision 1 ads), and he's playing in Vapor12s less than half a season later. What an ingrate. Oh, and the fact that's he's genuinely not a world-beater and has ripped off so many teams bouncing back and forth... (BRING ON THE HATERZ)

The padding isn't really directly all over the forefoot, it's placed under the tongue so it's positioned on that bone on top of the foot. I would guess it's for a little bit of protection when getting stepped on and when striking the ball thru the laces with power.

And most of that marketing hype is just that....hype.

Ain't no boot gonna help you with ball control or make you faster, you get better at those things with practice and repetition.

MLS 2020 Kit leaks.

1580338661734.png

1580338675016.png

1580338681426.png

1580338689402.png

1580338713087.png

1580338724202.png

1580338731634.png

1580338740118.png

1580338775133.png

In the early 90s Adidas had that same shoulder design. Not a big fan of it.

Definitely won't be buying that SKC kit this year, bleh.

was hoping to grab a DC united kit this season...but they need to black out those shoulder stripes like the LA FC kit. The white stripes look super tacky

I actually think they look decent. I appreciate the consistency across the league for a singular brand identity (the perils of the MLS-entity structure), and think each kit has enough distinction to make it unique amongst the lineup. I like the big90s shoulder stripes the same way I appreciated them running the 3 stripes down the trunk of the body a few years ago, as opposed to just going over the shoulder/sleeves like always.

In the early 90s Adidas had that same shoulder design. Not a big fan of it.

Definitely won't be buying that SKC kit this year, bleh.

Very disappointed in SKCs. Only solace is everyone’s looking terrible this year :lol:

I need to find the light blue with white button down collar SKC kit from a couple years ago, was a fool for not grabbing at the time.

I actually don't think those MLS jerseys are that bad, didn't know Cincinnati and Minnesota had teams

Upcoming look at the Nike retro inspired pack.

I am highly offended they put the HV1 colorway on the phantom vsn's :smh:

Nice little saturday morning pick-up run earlier 🏃🏽‍♂️💨⚽

Elite pack vapor 11s

IMG_20200201_083123.jpg

IMG_20200201_104237.jpg

Massively underrated colorway. Had the Magista Obras after blowing out the toes of the TL6 in that pack.

My daughter loves the phantom venom. Had worn Tiempos her whole life, but now they won't make a low-cut elite boot for kids, so I sprung for the Venom for her for Christmas.

EDIT: If more people are down and doesn't come across as spam or flexing, I say we open up the thread to boot pics on feet when people play.

Anyone in here have a spot where they play in Tampa & Miami? Looking for an after work league..

Massively underrated colorway. Had the Magista Obras after blowing out the toes of the TL6 in that pack.

My daughter loves the phantom venom. Had worn Tiempos her whole life, but now they won't make a low-cut elite boot for kids, so I sprung for the Venom for her for Christmas.

EDIT: If more people are down and doesn't come across as spam or flexing, I say we open up the thread to boot pics on feet when people play.

I don't think it would come across as flexing or spam if we started doing that.

And yea the elite pack was a nice colorway and IMO the magista had the best colorblocking.

Anyone in here have a spot where they play in Tampa & Miami? Looking for an after work league..

What part of miami? I know kendall soccer park has weekday leagues at night.

It has to be a USSF thing, there's no way that Nike could only muster up that crap for the US kits. We literally see how amazing South Korea and Nigeria's stuff is and then they come with that boring US crap.

Back
Top Bottom