SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

Nike taking their sweet time putting more of those GX’s out :smh:
DSG 16th they start releasing the packs. The White/Blue GX's will be out this month. The Gold ones will be sometime around April. Maybe the Black/Orange pair is part of the "Black Pack" which will also release this month. I'm not sure, there's a "Disruption" pack on for the beginning for February, could be the Black/Orange as well. Not long though, they definitely wanna capitalize off of the World Cup.

Puma has turf specific MG which they don't sell in the US for some reason

s-l1600.jpg

FWIW, I got the PumaxUnisport Ran Out Of Ink Futures for winter here, playing on dead ground / dirt / AG. Marketed as a FG/AG boot (so warranty is good) and so far it has been way above expectations, and actually to the point where I really really enjoy wearing it.

FWIW, I got the PumaxUnisport Ran Out Of Ink Futures for winter here, playing on dead ground / dirt / AG. Marketed as a FG/AG boot (so warranty is good) and so far it has been way above expectations, and actually to the point where I really really enjoy wearing it.

I had a pair of those and got rid of them, again the half conical studs I wasn't a fan of, and they were way too long.
Oddly enough i didn't know that Adidas made AG specific boots. But they seem to use the same studs they might be shorter? But there are more of them on the AG version then the FG.

I have said it before but i only play on AG and some of the turfs i play on are very shallow and hard. I am going to keep my Vapor 14s in my bag for all games along with the new coming superfly 9s which have the AG-Pro plate. When i used my superfly 7 with the AG-Pro plate on trash AG pitches id get bad stud pressure on the big toe and ball of big toe stud. I am probably the only person out there that is sad they switched back to the AG-Pro plate.

Yeah I noticed that too, and they don't do it for every boot. Studs are exactly the same but would be nice if they were shorter. I'm guessing whatever the plate material is/bonding is different to stand up to playing on AG in the heat. Other than that I'm sure it's just for warranty purposes. I play on some crap AG fields as well and I just roll with Turf shoes when I do, cause it's damn near like playing on concrete.

Watching the Supercopa España. Interesting boot choices.

Almost no player uptake of the Phantom GX. I'd mentioned Tcohuameni and Camavinga staying in the GT2s already from the WC, but Gavi still in the GT2 as well.

Dembelé, interestingly, out of the Zoom Air Mercs and back into the Superfly 8 Progress pack. Modric and Valverde similarly staying in the previous silo.

EDIT: Marcos Alonso still in GT2.

Last edited:
Anyone had any luck/ experience ordering Nike product from Unisport? Looking to order the GX when they drop but their site says they can’t ship Nike products outside the EU

Anyone had any luck/ experience ordering Nike product from Unisport? Looking to order the GX when they drop but their site says they can’t ship Nike products outside the EU

They blessed me with Tiempos last summer.

I know other guys haven’t had any issues either.

They still ship to the US. I saw that and wanted to check if they did so I went through the checkout and ordered a pair of Mercurial Vapor AG by accident :lol: it went all the way through without taking me to the “Confirm” stage but it was a great accident. This was this past September. They’re my go-to for AG soleplates. Love Unisport.

I peeped how Nike and Adidas release the same colorways around the same time over the past couple of years

image_3d14ee6a-3264-4275-8a39-fe1d06d59900_1080x.jpg

73036e7df035.jpeg

9E731BDA-EA97-4991-BFF4-0D193E0E4899.jpeg 74654662-9E24-462D-81B7-D8B2C072A310.jpeg

New superfly's in from unisport. I gave them a run this morning. Just single person drills. First impression is they are nice...they are mercs. There are always little issues with new boots right away. I could knit-pick a lot but the only thing that really stood out to me was the zoom bag. But in a "didn't stand out" way. I legit barely noticed it. I had to like push off the ball of my big toe to really feel it and even then it was very minimal. And when sprinting i push off my toes mostly so it wasn't even a natural running pattern to feel the bag.

After hearing SR4U and others rave about it i feel like i am missing something.

But the upper is nice. It is more "ping-y" then the previous gen for me which i like. Felt good shooting.

size wise i went with my normal 10.5 and they are snug throughout but i did have some heal slip in my right boot. So I can see people thinking it is too wide at the ankle. I am excited to see if the upper loosens up a bit like most boots will after some play. It was mentioned that there is more room in the toe box by some reviewers and i guess if i had to say...id agree? But it is very slight

Last edited:
I legit barely noticed it. I had to like push off the ball of my big toe to really feel it and even then it was very minimal. And when sprinting i push off my toes mostly so it wasn't even a natural running pattern to feel the bag.

I forgot it was even there the second or third time I wore them, not sure what the reviews are raving about

9E731BDA-EA97-4991-BFF4-0D193E0E4899.jpeg 74654662-9E24-462D-81B7-D8B2C072A310.jpeg

New superfly's in from unisport. I gave them a run this morning. Just single person drills. First impression is they are nice...they are mercs. There are always little issues with new boots right away. I could knit-pick a lot but the only thing that really stood out to me was the zoom bag. But in a "didn't stand out" way. I legit barely noticed it. I had to like push off the ball of my big toe to really feel it and even then it was very minimal. And when sprinting i push off my toes mostly so it wasn't even a natural running pattern to feel the bag.

After hearing SR4U and others rave about it i feel like i am missing something.

But the upper is nice. It is more "ping-y" then the previous gen for me which i like. Felt good shooting.

size wise i went with my normal 10.5 and they are snug throughout but i did have some heal slip in my right boot. So I can see people thinking it is too wide at the ankle. I am excited to see if the upper loosens up a bit like most boots will after some play. It was mentioned that there is more room in the toe box by some reviewers and i guess if i had to say...id agree? But it is very slight
Kipsta ball :smokin

I forgot it was even there the second or third time I wore them, not sure what the reviews are raving about

The way they talked about it i thought like nike would for sure move forward with it on more silhouettes. I thought the Phantom GX would have it since it was so "ground breaking". But yeah maybe when i get a full 90 in them i can say hey that was slightly nicer then normal like my legs are slightly less sore because i had some cushion? IDK

After watching the Unisport GX vs Vapor review i am glad i went with the vapor first. I love a good stiff sole plate (pause). And the vapor has always delivered that. Just feels right having a quick responsive snap when digging into the ground and really driving. The super flexible GX plate has me thinking i won't really enjoy it that much

Word on the street is the Tiempo X is going to abandon K-leather ala the new Copa Pure. Maybe even reincorporate flyknit ala TL7

Honestly, it is what it is. I'm sure K-Leather will be gone all together in no time. I just prefer leather period. The boots nowadays that have K-Leather use so little anyways, what's the point if its only the toe. Just give me a leather boot with an AG soleplate that I can actually purchase in the USA let alone California.

Back
Top Bottom