Soccer: Watching a group of millionaires kick a ball around a really big field and SOMETIMES it goes

[h3]"And people wonder why they're not "talented" or "skillful"? Probably because you spend most of your time living through other people's dreams, rather than create your own. Am I trying to "win" something? Are my skills and talents being used for sheer entertainment? Sports creates competitiveness, competitiveness creates ego, ego creates LIES. Am I to justify sports? Why would I do that? They serve no purpose, only to distract people from their human responsibilities. And soccer doesn't bring people together. That seems to be a fraudulent "observation". Ask Batallion and see how many fights they get into JUST for a soccer game. Togetherness? There are BETTER ways to bring people together...what is competition?? acting independently towards one party or possibly more... what does that allow one to perceive?? looking towards or supporting one party.. and looking towards or supporting just one party is what?? biased.. and being biased is mainly about supporting what one believes to be right or inconclusive towards one party, or whatever that may be, which is being biased and competitive which fuel what??? the ego.[/h3]
no matter how one breaks it down it means solely supporting one party or side or whateverrrrrr. so to answer your question, yes it is all ego, and i SUGGEST you rewatch or reinterpret what you watched and see it as a whole.

passion is easy to apply, but passion cloaked by/or hidden within competition is not a passion at all. "

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Basically I was posting updates on my F.BOOK on which soccer teams I was in favor for, and a mutual friend sent me this message.  Just wanted to get NT thoughts on the comment.  [/font]

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

I'm All for examining my ego, but this is a little on the extreme tip, I've met many "conscious" group of people who only commiserate with one another spewing how others who don't commiserate like them "Sheep's."   The whole self-aggrandizement attitude. The ego wears many different hats. However, it isn't the ego that is the issue...it's the unchecked ego that is causing the problems. The human being cannot function without the ego and typically when one states they have no ego....it's just manifested itself into a more covert form of ego which is typically the "elitest" mentality of " I have the answers to life and you don't" kind of deal. 

The key is balance. Getting the ego under control and stop it from ruling everything.
Striving to rid oneself of ego is a losing battle which leads to confusion.

Cliffnotes though?
nerd.gif

[h3]
Sports creates competitiveness, competitiveness creates ego, ego creates LIES.
[/h3]I mean Sports can be replaced with anything worth participating in and winning. Besides fighting and talking slick at soccer matches are fun.
laugh.gif

[h3]
                       creates competitiveness, competitiveness creates ego, ego creates LIES.
[/h3]

Send that back to the idiot who sent you the message. Think of how many things could go in place of that. Business. School. Family. Religion. Work. Food. Wealth... etc.

Good Lord, theres almost too many places to start. Whoever sent that to you is genuinely slow. Just wow.  Did this genius ever stop and think that maybe passion is what leads to competition? If me and someone else both love something, and either represent it or perform actions towards it, isnt that what creates competition? "My passion exceeds your passion, Im going to beat you at ____ because I WANT it more."

seeing someone Rainbow flick then roulette and score with a rabona and watching time freeze for 10 seconds while millions of ppl go crazy>

It's only 2 hours tops..... what about the other 22hrs?

i anyone can watch a sport, what they do after is up to them.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

If soccer was a high scoring game i'd care about it.....

The beauty of futbol is not in how many goals you score...it's how those goals are score, how the game is played...the tactics...the trickery....the runs....the passes...
But it's not for everyone.........................................................just most of the entire globe. 

Back
Top Bottom