~Social Norms vol. U violatin em~

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

This closeness thing is most def an American social norm.

I feel like killing dudes over seas all in my grill and tryna hold hands.( no romo)
I see grown as men that would fight you for calling them gay holding hands.
Its culture shock, and I tryna get used to it but its hard.

But the urinal thing, I will never get used to that man. Blows the hell outta me.

I noticed that too...its always foreign people who stand all close to you in line...then you try and move up and they move up too
mad.gif

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

This closeness thing is most def an American social norm.

I feel like killing dudes over seas all in my grill and tryna hold hands.( no romo)
I see grown as men that would fight you for calling them gay holding hands.
Its culture shock, and I tryna get used to it but its hard.

But the urinal thing, I will never get used to that man. Blows the hell outta me.

Where are talking specifically if you don't mind me asking, I know they do this in Saudi Arabia.

I noticed that too...its always foreign people who stand all close to you in line...then you try and move up and they move up too
mad.gif

Ive encountered fob Chinese people who do this. Hell, this lady was staring at the keypad when I was entering my pin number. I just brushed it off figuring shedidn't know any better.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I was poking fun at your use of comin instead of common. I agree with the rest of what you said, though.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooh, went over my head. I was typin so fast I aint even peep
laugh.gif

enlightenedespot wrote:
This closeness thing is most def an American social norm
U right about that. It is. I remember reading in one of me or my girl's sociology books that Americans want larger personal space than ppl insay Great Britain.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I was poking fun at your use of comin instead of common. I agree with the rest of what you said, though.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooh, went over my head. I was typin so fast I aint even peep
laugh.gif

enlightenedespot wrote:
This closeness thing is most def an American social norm
U right about that. It is. I remember reading in one of me or my girl's sociology books that Americans want larger personal space than ppl in say Great Britain.

I've read the same thing but Ive noticed some White people (for lack of a better phrase) often like to be a lot closer. I mean, ive had friends and coworkers even now matter of fact that stand right UP to you when they speak to you. Even if you pull back.

I used to give random people high fives when i was at the mall shopping.
(Some people love it, and some are freaked out.)

I hate when im standing in the bank line inside, and the person behind me is to close. Its like they have no idea what personal space is.

I hate when people satnd like 2 inches from my dam face to speak to me, back the hell up!

and I hate when my neighbors can even say hi to me or people I see everyday. Its like yo weve lived on the same street for 4 years and all yall punks stillcant acknowledge my dam presence!?

Back
Top Bottom