Sole Provider/Nike at 30, how about Air Jordan Book at 23?

Anyone else think it would be a great idea if JB came out with a book celebrating 23 years of Air Jordans, just like how Nike came out with SoleProvider.........................? may be Scoop Jackson would write the book again, or Retrokid.

I always wanted to see a Jordan Bible come out. A book that not only shows every color of every Air Jordan, but also Team J's, Jumpmans, and other shoesfrom Jordan Brand.

I think the closest thing we're gonna get though is the next issue of Sole Collector.
wink.gif

I'd love one, but it would be a waste of money for Nike to produce when Sole Collector will just do it for them...

Definetely would be a huge seller.. I know i keep sole provider on my coffee table.

Originally Posted by ijapino

I always wanted to see a Jordan Bible come out. A book that not only shows every color of every Air Jordan, but also Team J's, Jumpmans, and other shoes from Jordan Brand.

I think the closest thing we're gonna get though is the next issue of Sole Collector.
wink.gif
LOL!!! I think I know what you're talking about
roll.gif

Btw, I'll be willing to spend $100-200 for a Jordanpedia!
happy.gif

I am just waiting for the next Issue of Sole Collector. Too bad its Issue 22 and not Issue 23. That would have been a great way to line it up ;-)

That would be a GREAT release! I'm afraid of the price tho. I remember being SO amped to cop Sole Provider and I probably haven't touched it in years,lol.

If it ever did come out, I'd only grab a copy if it had nicknames for every shoe pictured.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

But yeah, I'd definitely have to grab a book like the on you're suggesting; definitely. I mean, could you imagine how awesome the COVER would be?!
eek.gif

Too bad its Issue 22 and not Issue 23. That would have been a great way to line it up ;-)
Man...I was tryin to swindle an early January Variety Issue after the Melo Issue just for this reason.
laugh.gif

Ska -- Our cover is UNREAL.
eek.gif

As for the book...I've heard they might be working on something but don't know for sure.

Cory -- Maybe one day I can detail the glory that is the 3 Percent/ Vindicate/ Jumpman Pro/ Trunner / Jumpman J /etc
pimp.gif

Saw couple of Jordan mags from a friend, really dope...I think it will be a great thing for JB to do...mag has a lot of sick colorways I aint seenbefore...most OG's too...

B1LLY HOYLE wrote:

Cory -- Maybe one day I can detail the glory that is the 3 Percent/ Vindicate/ Jumpman Pro/ Trunner / Jumpman J /etc
does not get the love it deserves. almost forgotten it seems

Ijapino - gracias for the heads up. I'll watch for that issue. Or you can send me an early copy, Nick
smile.gif

haha, as long as they dont make the book limited as alot of other JB products

At 2nd thought, I don't think I'll cop if author is Gentry Humphrey.
Book will be full of CHUTNEY. Probably is RockDeep's favorite.
laugh.gif

whether its made by nike or by SC i'd be happy, im not so much into the team jordans but if they showed every sample that'd be
pimp.gif

It would be ludicrous if they DIDN'T do a book detailing the history of the Air Jordan. It would be nice if they finally released all of the sketchesetc....man.

Speaking of Jordan Brand, does anybody know the name of the team jordan that had Jordan written on the side. It was one of the very first team Jordans. Theshoe looked similar to the XIII. The shoe came out late 99 early 2000.

It would be ludicrous if they DIDN'T do a book detailing the history of the Air Jordan. It would be nice if they finally released all of the sketches etc....man.

That's always my favorite part of those articles and books - looking at the sketches and seeing how the ideas progressed to the final product.

Back
Top Bottom