Sole Swap with jordan V

Was wondering if anyone had tried to do a sole swap with Jordan V's. it looks a little tough, but if there was anyone out there that had done it and hadsome tips it would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to swap my OG 1990 Grape V's sole's with new ones so they can be worn again.

i haven't done a sole swap yet. but from looking at the v's, i think the hardest part will be sewing the toe box. just make sure you have the rightglues and correct soles for doing the swap. i'm finding out that when you compare newer shoes for donors for a sole swap they tend to run a 1/2 sizesmaller than originals. so if you have a size 11 1/2, you might need to look for a size 12 for the donor soles. this is what i've noticed so far for getdonor shoes for doing sole swaps on my white cement iv's. another thing you might want to consider is finding other nike shoes that have the same stylesoles for the swap. i know for sole swapping iii's, you can get nike air assaults for this swap. for the iv's, you can swap with nike flight 89's.when you do the swap, just make sure you remove everything off the soles and the shoes so the re-glue will fit nice and smooth. be careful not to pop the airunit in the soles. hope this helps.

nope if you can do it we can help ..... naw but i wouldnt o it to risky might do more damage than good.....

i have two pairs i have a DS pair and i have this pair that i have worn in the past, but i forgot them in the trunk of my car one day and the heat justcompletely cracked them they arn't even close to wearable, so i thought i would experiment with it.

this thread on ISS i can't find it, but i did see someone take his jordan III's apart and they look like they came off pretty easily so i think imgonna go for it.

Pics of before and after
nerd.gif

Imo opinion you should keep your '90 V's alone and cop the retro. But if you go along with it post before after pics.

Back
Top Bottom