Sole Swapping

I have a few questions1) I just bought a pair of 2000 infrared 6s for $200 off ebay. The description said 100% wearable. When I got them I test drove them. I literally wore them for 10 minutes and the right shoe midsole started to crumble. My questions are is it possible to try to get maybe 50% back from him as 200 is steep for a shoe I can't wear (photos to come)2) I heard that filling the midsole with caulk may be a fix but idk exactly how to go about doing this. Anybody have any experience? Only the back midsole near the air unit is going bad. The rest feels stiff still.3) if I was to sole swap do I need the exact size shoe or can I go a half size up or down? And wear can I get a donor pair for cheap or even free? Anybody have a pair to give? Thnx

1. NO you should have known a barely worn 11 year old show would have cracked
2. You place the material inside of the crack but the should would not be as comfortable
3.YES exact size and you can not get a donor pair except from the infrared pack which is kind of a waste imo. Only sole swap worth it was 11's with the IE soles

Sucks to hear ur experience. I try to stay away from older vi's and iv's since they r most likely to crumble with the experience from owning them. As far as the caulk, don't do it unless u just want the shoes to look good as display only. I did the caulk thing with white/cement iv's that crumbled. After letting dry and settle for 3 days tried to test them out and just ended up oozing out on the sides of the midsoles. Try to picture a jelly doughnut being squeezed and that's pretty much what happened with my pair. As far as sole swapping it's possible with the vi's. The donor shoe I would suggest is some varsity red vi's or any other black based midsole vi's that released last year. Removing the old midsole isn't that hard but trying to get the new midsole on there perfect is a bit tricky. And don't go a half size big or small on the donor pair. Vi's are true to size, so get the exact size. Hope this helps.

The shoes were actually used. I put at least a hour in to restore them. Thnx for yall help

If u really wanna go that far outta ur way, u can do a sole swap. The good news is the tooling isn't different, so ur shoe won't be noticeably different like it would be for a pair of II's, III's, IV's, V's, or X's.

Sorry to hear that, but you def should have been skeptical... I would file a claim to ebay the description was false obviously. Its worth a try in my opinion

Originally Posted by Iondajayz

If u really wanna go that far outta ur way, u can do a sole swap. The good news is the tooling isn't different, so ur shoe won't be noticeably different like it would be for a pair of II's, III's, IV's, V's, or X's.

what u mean by outta the way??

n the shoes were worn n used. i know DS shoes 11 years old most likely are no good. n again im mainly trying to save the pair not really revive them. I will have photos soon. but the whole midsole is still good but the back heel is going bad. i was thnking just filling in the area with something and painting over it. I dont want to pay another 100 for a shoe im not going to even wear (varsity red 6's) n i just sold my blck infrareds from the pack

Originally Posted by Liu Kang 23

Sorry to hear that, but you def should have been skeptical... I would file a claim to ebay the description was false obviously. Its worth a try in my opinion

cosign to this...

Back
Top Bottom