soleswaps

That foam sole swap was clean. Gotta be pretty maticulous when it comes to sole swaps. Sick job on those.

thanks for the comments on the foams, waiting for some more to arrive and i'll be doing another set of swaps.

2 of the pairs youve done im in need of a soleswap. og infrared 6s and og playoff 8s. they just sittin around in the meantime..

Originally Posted by tizoni

AlteredMayhem  those foamposites look 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

from what shoes you swappin the soles from?

hmmm i remember seeing flight 89s with those soles? and idk maybe these could work? or did nike mess with the molds?
by the way, got these in b/s, size 10.5, sig check...

anyone swapped the sole of a newer IV with a 99?
Mine fell apart on me, and I'd love to know if that were possible.
I'm guessing not....

Originally Posted by nostalgickickz

^ what do you mean like the foam from a recent retro and putting it into a 99 retro im doing it now if so lol
Exactly.  Putting the midsole and sole of a more recent retro on a pair from 99.  Please let me know how that goes!!
I'd love to see good results with that, and pix.

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

^ what do you mean like the foam from a recent retro and putting it into a 99 retro im doing it now if so lol
Exactly.  Putting the midsole and sole of a more recent retro on a pair from 99.  Please let me know how that goes!!

Here are my swapped 4's I used a Dub Zero midsole that was half a size bigger. Big mistake, but still turned out okay.

And for #@%%* and giggles, a muck around swap I did a while back..

Originally Posted by scemonito

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

Here are my swapped 4's I used a Dub Zero midsole that was half a size bigger. Big mistake, but still turned out okay.

I did the same thing I'm too lazy  to take pics right now
eyes.gif
but my toe area came out just like yours.
the "cut" leather sticks out because the dub zeros rubber toe area is like 1/8 shorter than the 4s in general.
another thing that sucked was the fact that i needed to repaint all the "cement gray" areas with mixed gray to match
I really wanted to keep the OG colorway

^ Totally agree. Although the grey isn't too noticeable from afar, it looks so bad up close, and glossy too. I need to get around to re-colouring mine.

The golden rule with swaps is to always use exact size. People tend to think that older sneakers are half a size smaller or whatever, but they are the same as retro's lengthwise. It's just that the OG usually have more tongue and sockliner padding, giving the shoe a tighter fit.

Back
Top Bottom