Somali Pirate Movie (trailer)

Me being from Somalia reading about whats going on back home sometimes, I'm curious to see how they tell the stories of the real pirates out there... seems promising.

(it would be nice to hear that they give a percent of whatever proceeds they make to the famine crisis in somalia)

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Subs? Im good

You're missing out, some really great movies come with subtitles.
Will watch when it drops.
City of God FTW 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Subs? Im good

Prob can't read, man. Illiteracy is pretty common in the US, today.
eek.gif
 Damn. You came for him. 
roll.gif

I'm Somali too & I will be checking this out,  not looking forward to this Somali pirate plot thing being whored out by Hollywood tho
eyes.gif

Had no idea there were other Somalis on NT btw
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by psk2310

Fast forward to modern times. European and some American companies are dumping toxic waste off both African coasts but paticularly off of the east side hoping no one will notice. More specifically off the coast of Somalia. This of course killed the fishing trade so the Somali fisherman started trying to attack these boats that were dumping toxic waste in thier waters. The fisherman started arming themselves & then the Somali warlords got in involved (as the fisherman were buying arms from them) & it basically morphed into what we hear & read about now.
I wrote the very abridged explanation of how the Somali pirates started out above in a thread I started here. It's sad. If a movie does indeed come out, I just hope they tell the story right because how this started is a travesty. Thanks for sharing. I'll be looking out for this...BTW, if anyone wants to check out a cool site regarding Afircan music/culture, check out OkayAfrica.com via the following link.

[h1]Cutter Hodierne’s ‘Fishing Without Nets’ to premiere at Sundance Film Festival[/h1]
1FISHING_WITHOUT_NETS_filmstill3.jpg

Sundance Film Festival - A still from the short film “Fishing Without Nets,â€

Originally Posted by AME416

I'm Somali too & I will be checking this out,  not looking forward to this Somali pirate plot thing being whored out by Hollywood tho
eyes.gif

Had no idea there were other Somalis on NT btw
nerd.gif

I had a feeling there were somali's on here, seen you post befor but never knew you were too.. i got a feeling there are alot more of us on here lurking.. 
laugh.gif

follow NT fam... @HeartBreakSIN

Fast forward to modern times. European and some American companies are dumping toxic waste off both African coasts but paticularly off of the east side hoping no one will notice. More specifically off the coast of Somalia. This of course killed the fishing trade so the Somali fisherman started trying to attack these boats that were dumping toxic waste in thier waters. The fisherman started arming themselves & then the Somali warlords got in involved (as the fisherman were buying arms from them) & it basically morphed into what we hear & read about now.

eek.gif

tired.gif

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

It look fresh
pimp.gif
  When is it coming out?

says june 2012 online but its only 17mins long... how is that gonna make theaters?
it would be dope to see a full length version with a better bugdet...

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Interesting, first time I've seen this:
2epm2w6.jpg

movie producers taking from our pockets. must feel good to wake up knowing that sneakerheads are the only demographic interested in this movie.

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Subs? Im good

Prob can't read, man. Illiteracy is pretty common in the US, today.

Damn NT been cut throat lately

Back
Top Bottom