Some one school me on Zoom vs Nike Air

mods pls move this if i posted this in the wrong forum. Which one is better? Why? and What makes these two technologies different? Thank you

^ not helping...I know it doesnt belong here but people who have been wearing Jordans most their life may know the diffeence thats why I posted here

Zoom air is a lower profile type air. For basketball its better for slashing and stuff like that, like for a guard. Imo its more comfortable than regular air.

zoom air is better. The cushioning and durability is second to none. And the XIX's have double Zoom Air. That's an extremely comfortable shoe.

i really want to know too i though that the insole or sockliner or whatever it's called had a lot to do wit it

zoom air is a style of cusioning more advanced than the normal air bubble that nike produced back in the day. this air technology nike decided to put theirname before it called "nike air". "zoom air" is a more advance cushioning designed by nike.

This literally took less than one second to look up. Stop being lazy.

Nike Air

Nike Air was the first air technology developed at Nike, and it changed the way people thought about cushioning. It remains a standard forimpact protection more than 20 years after its creation. The Nike Air made from pressurized gas inside a tough yet flexible urethane plastic capsule. The largemolecules of gas prevent it from escaping the bag. The Air-Sole units are encapsulated in the midsole beneath the heel, forefoot, or in both locationsdepending on the shoe and the needs of the athlete for whom the shoe was designed. The Air-Sole works to cushion the foot by compressing and reduces the forceof the impact and then immediately recovers its original shape, ready for the next impact. Nike Max Air / Air Max

Nike Max Air, the maximum in impact cushioning, is designed to take brutal, repetitive impacts and minimize their effects on the body andyour performance. Air Max units are made through a technique called "blow-molding?, allowing for the greatest volume of Nike Air without weakening theAir-Sole unit. Duel-pressure cushioning addresses the need for protection and rear foot stability. The hallmark of the Air Max technology is a visible air unitin the heel. The Air Max provides athletes with full-length impact protection.
Nike Zoom Air/Air Zoom This lightweight, super-responsive, and ultra thin Air unit brings the foot closer to the ground for the ultimate feel and great maneuverability. Used primarily for basketball shoes, shoes built with the Air Zoom tend to be light and responsive with excellent "ground-feel". The Air Zoom unit starts with two fabric layers connected by thousands of vertical fibers, each attached at both ends to a fabric layer. These fibers are then surrounded with pressurized gas inside a Nike Air unit. While the pressurized air exerts and outward force, like a full balloon, the fibers are placed in tension and exert an opposing inward force to keep the air bag from popping or bulging. On impact, the air bag compresses to relieve the tension on the fibers. After impact, the pressurize gas expands the air bag and places tension on those fibers. The fibers compress on impact and then spring back immediately. The advantage to the Air Zoom is that it is incredibly thin and light, but it provides excellent impact cushioning while allowing the wearer to feel the surface he or she is on.

the zoom is the most comfortable but loses its support quick. but the air gets better during usage. the next technology IMO are the shox which these areextremely stiff at first but give a long time of cuhioning.....

Zoom is Nike's very best. I'm excited to try the lunar foam.

AJ 1-11 - Nike Air
AJ 12-15- Zoom
AJ 16-17 Nike Air x Nike Zoom
AJ 18-19 Double Stack Zoom
AJ 20 - Heel air
AJ 21-22 Heel air and Heel Zoom
AJ 23 Zoom

LOL it is frustrating when people ask questions that can be answered in a simple google search, wish these mods would filter through all the bs of this site nodisrespect to the thread maker but this is general footwear knowledge...

For all that don't know
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

i have never had a jordan with zoom air in it so i wanted to know is it in the sole or in a insole like sb's

Originally Posted by mpdaking

i have never had a jordan with zoom air in it so i wanted to know is it in the sole or in a insole like sb'

All Jordans have the cushioning inbedded in the midsole. (Aside from the Jumpman Trifecta, which has a removable full length zoom insole).

SB's only have it in the heel of the insole.

woww, finally a post with potential
laugh.gif
so does lunar foam like mold to the shape of your foot? like the tempurpedic bed?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

AJ 1-11 - Nike Air
AJ 12-15- Zoom
AJ 20 - Heel air
AJ 23 Zoom
is heel air another word for IPS?

Originally Posted by Bigboi415

woww, finally a post with potential
laugh.gif
so does lunar foam like mold to the shape of your foot? like the tempurpedic bed?
laugh.gif
That is more like Foamposite. From my understanding, Lunar Foam is an "extra bouncy" foam that Nike feels is an improvement on Nike/Zoom air.

MaZe

i wonder why jordan brand never used the shox technology on any sig model? they used that ips on the 20. was there any air in that? is that technically an airjordan, then?

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

AJ 1-11 - Nike Air
AJ 12-15- Zoom
AJ 20 - Heel air
AJ 23 Zoom

you know what team jordans have or are they all different?

Back
Top Bottom