Someone broke into my ride....Should i have the insurance pay for it? or out of pocket? (Pics)

ced16a1d0e7499eb48dda54f26914cdc2c5920da_r.jpg

a3026501e009974e9d0e7d41e54b12226c00bff2_r.jpg

04e262f1cb0b0783984ee8407ae10379a970e39d_r.jpg

I wont have time to take it in for an estimate until next week......What yall think??

Our deductible is $500

This is on a 2009 chevy impala.

I was thinking about shaving the door handles off and getting it where the keypad opens the doors instead of handles (but i know that might be kind of expensive)

Im just glad they didnt bust my windows.....JUST got damn tints on it. 

Bastards didnt even take anything.......had a checkbook in the console and my cousins social security card and birth cert.

ced16a1d0e7499eb48dda54f26914cdc2c5920da_r.jpg

a3026501e009974e9d0e7d41e54b12226c00bff2_r.jpg

04e262f1cb0b0783984ee8407ae10379a970e39d_r.jpg

I wont have time to take it in for an estimate until next week......What yall think??

Our deductible is $500

I was thinking about shaving the door handles off and getting it where the keypad opens the doors instead of handles (but i know that might be kind of expensive)

Bastards didnt even take anything.......had a checkbook in the console and my cousins social security card and birth cert.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Real question is.. Why didn't homie take your cousins Social Security Card?

Not everyone is interested in that kinda stuff believe it or not. Especially junkies who just want your change or deck.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Real question is.. Why didn't homie take your cousins Social Security Card?

Not everyone is interested in that kinda stuff believe it or not. Especially junkies who just want your change or deck.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Word. Crackheads steal stuff worth quick immediate value. 1 broke in my old crib, the MOST RANDOM items stolen were 2 8-packs of Irish Spring soap! 
laugh.gif
and a bottle of cologne. I went to take a shower the next day and realized they even got me for my soap. Even though I was pissed that actually made me laugh.

Word. Crackheads steal stuff worth quick immediate value. 1 broke in my old crib, the MOST RANDOM items stolen were 2 8-packs of Irish Spring soap! 
laugh.gif
and a bottle of cologne. I went to take a shower the next day and realized they even got me for my soap. Even though I was pissed that actually made me laugh.

Just had my 07 Tahoe broken into last week. Punched out the key hole and broke the driver side window as well as messing up passenger side door panel. The Tahoe needed a brand new door handle and repair to the key hole. Anyways, the quote I got from the body shop was $1100 to fix everything. Probably looking at less than $500 to fix if the only thing that is messed up is one door handle and the key hole.

Just had my 07 Tahoe broken into last week. Punched out the key hole and broke the driver side window as well as messing up passenger side door panel. The Tahoe needed a brand new door handle and repair to the key hole. Anyways, the quote I got from the body shop was $1100 to fix everything. Probably looking at less than $500 to fix if the only thing that is messed up is one door handle and the key hole.

Originally Posted by dt24

Did you have your insurance pay for it? if so, did your insurance go up? 
yes...but its a little more than that.....its kind of cut a few inch`s below the keyhole.....Wont they have to paint the entire door to make it look OG?

Originally Posted by dt24

Did you have your insurance pay for it? if so, did your insurance go up? 
yes...but its a little more than that.....its kind of cut a few inch`s below the keyhole.....Wont they have to paint the entire door to make it look OG?

Your cousin should just on watch just in case the person who broke in copied down the SS#. If somebody really wanted to use his "identity", then not physically taking the card would have been smartest.

Your cousin should just on watch just in case the person who broke in copied down the SS#. If somebody really wanted to use his "identity", then not physically taking the card would have been smartest.

Originally Posted by nycsemaj

qft

Originally Posted by nycsemaj

qft

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Our deductible is $500

Shaved door handles and key pad will cost you way over $500.

A door handles and new key cylinder can be had for less then your deductible depending on if you do the work yourself. It also looks like you might need to paint the area near the door handle. Depending on how deep that gash is. you might just want to spend the $500 for the deductible and have a body shop repair the scratch, paint, and install the door handle.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Our deductible is $500

Shaved door handles and key pad will cost you way over $500.

A door handles and new key cylinder can be had for less then your deductible depending on if you do the work yourself. It also looks like you might need to paint the area near the door handle. Depending on how deep that gash is. you might just want to spend the $500 for the deductible and have a body shop repair the scratch, paint, and install the door handle.

Originally Posted by Kickaddicted

laugh.gif
Something similar happened to an aunt of mine
laugh.gif

She had about 2k in the glove compartment she forgot to take out one night. That same night the car gets broken into and the only things that were stolen were a pack of diapers and my 4 year old cousins backpack.

Back
Top Bottom